INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: Lastplayed and numberofplays  (Read 745 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Question: Lastplayed and numberofplays
« on: November 14, 2002, 11:28:55 pm »

Hi!
I was wondering about the functionality here... If I want to create a smartlist showing 'number play' per week, is that possible? Or does MJ9 store number play without a date/play?

Think of it as a regular top list like billboard.

Right now the auto smartlist 'Top Hits - listened today' doesn't count in WHEN the number play was set, only that the song has been triggered within the last 24h, and by those criteria, ABBA would still be number one in the charts around. :)

Matt? Anyone?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Question: Lastplayed and numberofplays
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 04:47:19 am »

We don't track when the last plays were.  It's something we may do, but probably not in 9.0.

Hope that's alright Marty -- and thanks for all of your help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 10:36:31 am »

bummer...well, you can't have everything, just thought it would be a really clever idea to store that info :)

A followup then: Since 'Number Play' records at the end of a song and 'Last played' is stored as soon as a song starts, is there a way of changing the latter behaviour? A bad habit from my Winamp time is to browse through the whole library with 'Next/Forward' and when I finally hear a tune I like, I play that to the end. So it would be sooo cool if one could set 'Last Played' to be stored when the song ends instead. (Optional perhaps? :))
This way I almost get the behaviour I want :)

No need to thank, I should thank you guys since this is probably the most fun time spent on the internet I have (then again, I work with the internet all day long so..) :)

Thank you extremely much for your patience :)

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 01:37:33 am »

Just thought of another plus if you can set lastplayed to the end of the song instead of in the beginning!

I've always thought it was counterinformative to see that the song currenty playing "was played" ten seconds ago. This would disappear if the lastplayed was set in the end of the song :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up