INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: request tagging advice  (Read 576 times)

phelt

request tagging advice
« on: November 13, 2002, 05:38:59 pm »

The situation:
I have a ton of files with Album Artist tags and I used those for my main View Scheme in v8. I'm looking for the most efficient way to replicate v8's Album Artist ELSE  Artist behavior, or at least make the View Scheme display the old way.

Is there some crafty view scheme option that I'm missing? Or do I need to fill Album Artist tags for all files that don't have them? If the latter, what's the fastest way to do that? Or is there some other solution that I'm missing?

Any and all efforts to help appreciated - I don't want to have to go back to v8  :P

nila

Re: request tagging advice
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 10:48:32 pm »

I know Helium2 has a tool to copy tags from one tag to another.

Never tried it but you might be able to use this to fill in all the tags you want with the Artist, Album info

phelt

Re: request tagging advice
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 10:41:06 am »

Thanks for the thought, Nila. The problem seems to be finding a tagging program that can "understand" MJ's custom tag data. Looks like I will wind up sticking with v8 until v9 becomes more stable, then doing a lot of copy & paste into the Album Artist field... forever  :P

Helium looks nice. Repeated Installshield failures when I tried to evaluate it, so I blew it off. Been pretty happy with MP3 Tag Studio though its custom tag support needs improvement. Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up