INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making CD Title data entry simpler  (Read 840 times)

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
Making CD Title data entry simpler
« on: November 05, 2002, 03:49:35 am »

Hi,

I do miss CDDB, but I guess I'm willing to trade off for other benefits.  

The new DB does not have many CD titles, especially if you are not listening to pop songs.

I do realize that many of the CD titles can be found on the Internet, using the popular search engines.

Hence, to copy a list of the the titles off the Internet is very simple and straight forward.

My suggestion is for MJ to consider

A table like data entry for CDs without a successful search.  What we can do is select the column, and do a PASTE, so that all the track titles gets filled.

This will make data entry a breeze, and soon, and also helps in creating more titles in the database.

By the way, have we fixed the Database Submit such that our data entry efforts are not wasted because the submit is not processed correctly?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Making CD Title data entry simpler
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 07:55:17 am »

I'll take a look, thanks for the suggestion.
Any details on the CDs that are not found? I'd like to know the title/artist, whether it was storebought or homeburned, the time you did the lookup, and the IP address if you know it.

The submit bug was fixed long ago.

j

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
Re: Making CD Title data entry simpler
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2002, 03:56:20 am »

Hi JOhn,

Thank you for attending to this request.

a) I really hope that you can implement the copy list and paste list, to help us copy the album titles from the web, and paste it into MJ.  Next, we can submit it to YADB.

As for the YADB problem, I can find a couple of store purchased CDs, but there are still a couple unavailable.  I do not suspect a bug, but rather lack of titles.  I usually compare it with MusicMatch, and I do find that both does not appear.  What is true is that CDDB supported rippers have more matches.

However, I do have a request to fix the YADB submit bug.  When I finished a data entry on the album, and submit to YADB, when it completes, the bug appears.  What I notice is that only about 1/2 of the titles are updated, and 1/2 the titles lost.  The track title and track numbers are also wrongly entered.

This is an important to fix.  If you need me to reproduce the bug, I can attempt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up