INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0 Preview XIV...  (Read 8379 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0 Preview XIV...
« on: November 04, 2002, 02:39:35 pm »

There's an update version of the Media Jukebox 9.0 preview here, but FIRST PLEASE READ THIS:    

IMPORTANT-- This is only a preview -- some things don't work, some things crash, and your data may not be safe. Don't use this preview with files that can't be replaced. If you don't consider yourself an expert with Media Jukebox, please wait for a later release. Backup your database (and files) before doing anything else.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download the preview here:    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox90072.exe

Changes  

1. NEW: Added "channel offset" to the ASIO configuration. (verified that DTS discs work with MJ)
2. Fixed: Search wizard for sorting wasn't allowing letters to be typed in the search box.
3. Fixed: Media Jukebox could get confused about its play state when pausing. (so the player window would display improperly)
4. Changed: Made "filename" a default search field again. (so searching without a keyword (i.e. something like artist=) looks at this field)
5. Fixed: Searching at the library root could sometimes give unexpected results.
6. Changed: "Type" database field changed to "File Type". (to avoid confusion with "Media Type")
7. Fixed: Playback errors would be displayed as empty message boxes.
8. Fixed: "Update from CD database" wasn't working.
9. Changed: Album analyzer more likely to accept short CD's as "complete".
10. Changed: Improved tree grouping logic, so non-DB fields are group-able.
11. Changed: Improved tree sorting to better handle numbers or string / number mixes.
12. Fixed: After submitting a CD, MJ would re-update the info from the online DB for no reason.
13. Changed: "Last Played" and "Number Plays" both get updated only if a song gets played past the half-way point.
14. Fixed: During image playback, the display bars could get out of sync with the current image.
15. Changed: Clean File Properties -> Title Case does a better job with filenames.
16. Changed: If Media Jukbox fails to move/rename a file, it will no longer update the database. (would break the DB connection to the file)
17. Fixed: After deleting the currently playing file from Playing Now, Next and Previous didn't work.
18. Changed: Hitting "Play" during FF/REW of time-shifted TV will behave more logically.
19. Fixed: In some cases, Media Jukebox wouldn't recover well from failing to load or save a DB file.
20. Fixed: Removing a file from the DB wouldn't properly stop playback on that file if it was playing.
21. Changed: External cover art links no longer saved in file tags.
22. Fixed: Several fixes causing internal cover art to function improperly.
23. Changed: Several TV time-shifting improvements.
24. Changed: Added support for .jpe files.
25. NEW: Introducing the new burning engine that supports cross-fading, on-the-fly decoding of all formats, and lots of other goodies. (more details will follow)

Keep in mind that at this stage, we're getting more bug reports than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.    

Thanks for your help, support, and patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TimB

Re: Media Jukebox 9.0 Preview XIV...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 03:02:10 pm »

Matt, thanks for the new version!

Any word on....

...does this have the fix to cdwriter.ocx that stops the iPod plugin from crashing when you try to open up the iPod tree?

...it doesn't seem to fix the ~a problem, are y'all looking at that? :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 03:18:35 pm »

It should.  At least Steve Grove promised that it would.  He probably is listed in information for Minneapolis if you want to call him.   8)

TimB

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 03:41:29 pm »

Sorry Jim, I modified/added in the second half of the question, probably after you had answered the first. :)

-=Tim=-

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 03:50:17 pm »

I'm working on my full report but one thing stands out...

Grouping is not working well for artists (EDIT: or Albums) starting with numbers.  

I have the following artists...

10,000 Maniacs
2 Days in the Valley
2 Unlimited
29 Palms
3 Doors Down
69 Boys

If I group by artist with grouping size 2 here's what I get

+ 2-3
-- 2 Days in the Valley
-- 2 Unlimited
-- 3 Doors Down
-- 29 Palms
+ 10-11  (empty)
+ 28-29  (empty)
+ 68-69  (empty)
+310-311 (empty)

10,000 Maniacs and 69 Boys went missing.

Grouping by Album Artist (auto) is a little worse in that an empty (unassigned) item is created and (multiple artists) disappears.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 04:09:29 pm »

At least Steve Grove promised that it would.  He probably is listed in information for Minneapolis if you want to call him.

You're a tough guy to work for.

"Give me results or you're going public!"
:'(
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 04:29:29 pm »

Here's an interesting happening:
I installed 9.0.072 over 9.0.071. All went well. MJ 9 started just as I permitted and it went to "Check for Updates" as I have it set to check once a day. I was told that an upgrade to Media Jukebox 8.0.388 was available. Weird, huh?
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2002, 04:30:06 pm »

Ok, finally got up the courage to download it...

Great job, lots of improvements! Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to the PVR features that we discussed.

Here are my thoughts so far:

1.  Didn't like the hidden options for TV and Visualizations in MJ8, still don't like them in 9. I'd like to see ALL options under the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. I'm sure there's other things that can only be gotten to via a right-click. Those need to go in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu too. I don't like having to have the TV running to set it's options, and the only way to get into the visualization studio is when a visualization is running and right-clicking.

2.  On the subject of options - the TV tuner options are way too cryptic. Need an explanation of what the 'pins', 'previews' and 'crossbars' and so on are. Have no idea what I'm setting or why.

Bugs:

1.  MJ locks up on scanning for channels. In my case at channel 26.

2.  The Pause button works in TV, but FF and REW are only available by CTRL-left and CTRL-right, not the FF/REW buttons. Sound stays off until you press the Stop button and then Play button after FF or REW.

That's it so far.

Media Jukebox  9.0.72
Install Path: D:\Program Files\Media Jukebox 9\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 900 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 314 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

-Mr.X

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 06:10:19 pm »

Two big bugs:

1.  Attempting to import files causes MJ to crash.

2.  MJ will not play any files imported greater than 6 days ago.  The icon for all files imported 7 days or greater is greyed out and attempting to play those files results in an error (check path, etc).  Rebooting after installing 9.0.72 didn't make a difference.

Shelly

Shelly

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2002, 07:37:21 pm »

Only a complete uninstall and reinstall resolved the 2 problems reported above.  I first tried stepping back through the last few versions of MJ but the problems remained.  Also attempted to restore several library backups from the last couple of weeks, but again the issues were not resolved.  

Shelly

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2002, 07:46:05 pm »

Shelly, sounds like a library filter got enabled.  That's what causes tracks to get "greyed".  It should mention that in the error message that pops up.  Click on the far right player button and see what you have set for the playback filter.

RemyJ

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2002, 09:11:20 pm »

Current Status...

New burning engine seems to be working OK for IDE CD burners.  It detects my TDK 4800B and seems to burn at 48x in DAO mode with 0% CPU utilization.  I won't have a chance to test cross-fade burns until Wednesday night though.  

I'm still holding out for "burn-lists".  The current checkbox for using current playback settings is OK for testing (assuming we can uncheck it in future builds (I can't now)!) but not long term I think.

Problems fixed (ones I reported, anyway)...
  • I'm starting to go over the maximum post length allowed so I'm not going to confirm fixes anymore.  You can assume any non-new problems reported below still exist in this release.

Problems open...

• New CD-TEXT doesn't appear to be written correctly.  If I set the artist to "AAA" and the title to "BBB", it's writing the title as "AAA - BBB" and leaving the artist blank.  Of course, I have to check this on my Sony CD Player since MJ isn't reading CD-TEXT at all.

• New View schemes grouped by fields starting with numbers aren't working.  (see separate post)

• New Internal ASPI layer isn't detecting TDK VeloCD burners (CDRW4800B and CDRW241040B) as writers when connected to a Promise PCI ATA/100 IDE Controller (which Windows treats as a SCSI controller).  If connected to the motherboard IDE controller or an add-in IDE card DETECTED as an IDE card or when using Adaptec's ASPI they are detected correctly.

• View schemes that search the removables database aren't displaying all of the entries.  Manually searching with a "~d=c" does show all entries.  Update: If you connect to the database using the media server you get correct results even if just looping back to the same machine.

• If you connect to a media server with a V8 database, V9 asks if you want to upgrade the database and re-analyze the files.   It should simply return an error message saying you can't connect to a server with a downlevel database.    If you press cancel on the upgrade message, MJ crashes.

• Can't find a way to import playlists.  The few places you can drag them from either the internal explorer or the windows explorer simply results in one "track" entry with the name of the playlist.  Import fails to find the file altogether.

• Using drag and drop to reorder playing now isn't working too well.   It's not clear that you have to do an "update playback order" to make it actually play in the new order because the sequence numbers do automatically change.

• Converting MP3 to WAV (as a test) with the results directed to a new directory.  The wav file is created in the new location correctly but then MJ attempts to copy it over the original mp3 file with the mp3 file extension. I.E.  I get a pop-up that asks if I want to replace file "original name.mp3" with size 5mb with "original name.mp3" with size 52mb.

• A View Scheme consisting solely of Album always has an empty "(unassigned)" entry

• I started playing with the Auto Album Artist thingie.   I took a mix cd that was previously "Various Artists" for the artist and renamed the artist for each of the tracks to the actual artist keeping the same album title for all.  The Auto Album Artist picked this up nicely and I got a new entry in the media view for "(Multiple Artists)".  The problem is that when I then renamed the tracks so they fall in the correct artist directories, I lost the "(Multiple Artist)" tree entry and I now get single album/tracks under the original artist.

• You can't "group" album artist in a view scheme.  You can check the "Add a grouping level..." box but the size field is not unprotected and the box check isn't remembered.  So I can't use both the cool new grouping feature and the cool new auto album artist feature at the same time unless I create 2 view schemes.  Update You set the grouping option now but it doesn't work. (see separate post)

• In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.

• When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)

Current Wish List:
  • removed becuase of post length.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.72
    Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1774 MHz MMX
    Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB
    OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
    ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
    Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436
    wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
    Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

michel

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2002, 09:19:25 pm »

Could we have a clear status about the "upgrading from MJ8" problems (MJ8 custom fields, cover art "inside", may be others ones...) ?

Is it supposed to work (if so, how) or is it delayed since it is only a preview ?

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2002, 09:43:57 pm »

In this build my CDRW is not recognozed anymore.
I have a Plextor 40/12/40a

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.72
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1499 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

RemyJ

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2002, 09:56:19 pm »

In this build my CDRW is not recognozed anymore.
I have a Plextor 40/12/40a

Download the latest Adaptec ASPI
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?sess=no&cat=%2fProduct%2fASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70

Install it, start MJ and uncheck the "use internal ASPI",  restart MJ,  and you should see it again.  

They need to fix the internal ASPI but this should get you going for now.  It worked for my TDK 4800

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2002, 11:13:19 pm »

Hi Remy,

It works now after I did what you suggested, thanks!

So how do I select to crossfade burn or normal burn ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

nila

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2002, 02:29:47 am »

Request::
- View Scheme wizard - no option for file location.

I'd want to be able to specify folders as search criteria.

- Ability to format all date information displayed :)
- Maybe even to a more core level where we can specify the date unit used in searches so I could for instance set 'imported date' to days/months/hours.
If it was set to days then if I did this:
imported<10
it would do a search for all files imported less than 10 days ago. If I'd set this to hours it would return all files imported less than 10 hours ago etc.

- Find and replace - add 'Trim X chars from Beginning/End' of string.

Bug/Request::
 - VERY SCARY - I just realised that 'clean track properties' also renames files. Fair enough it is a list option but I just presumed it was all the properties of the file, not the file itself it was tidying up. I didn't  pay attention to all the properties as I'm sure most people dont. Maybe pull filename out of this list and have it in the screen but not in that box, maybe by itself on the screen somewhere as an option that can also be checked.

- also, on same note, would like to be able to set rules for cleaning filename.
ie: to=to  NOT to=TO,   the=the NOT the=The,  feat=feat NOT Feat,    ft=feat
etc.

Bug::
 - Fill properties from filenames
[TRACK #]-[ARTIST]-[TITLE]
Isn't working to fill in the title for me.
nor is:
[ARTIST]-[TRACK #]-[TITLE]
an eg. of a file name it's not working for is:
destinys_child-07-white_christmas-nila.mp3

NoCodeUK

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2002, 03:43:23 am »

Nila,

Your last 'bug' has been mentioned before.  The problem is that you are using - as a delimiter for the fields but you have a redundant - in the filename (the -nila at the end).  This is what messes up the system I think if I remember rightly from the previous post.

Matt did discuss this.  Try and search for it in the MJ9 Beta forum.  I cant remember the subject but it was about 3 weeks ago...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2002, 03:53:24 am »

Bugs:
  • Smartlists: When typing in rules to the smartlists, if the line typed is longer than the screen, you have to guess and hope that what you are typing is right, because there ain't no scrolling to the right!
  • Playback: MJ stutters a lot. Even low priority functions, but intensive nevertheless (eg: a low priority disk defragment utility) will cause MJ to sound appalling (sometimes rather amusing as it gets stuck in a similar fashion to an LP!!!)! I have an AMD Duron 800 with 256MB RAM. MJ 8 handles playback perfectly and so I assume it's an issue with the new engine? I suppose I should have reported this a while ago...
  • Auto-albums: MJ ignores albums that are split into multiple directories based on Artist as opposed to albums.
  • Auto-albums: MJ puts single tracks into Single Artist (incomplete) when it has no way of telling what other artists were on the CD. Consider adding an (indeterminable) category?
  • Media Library: MJ is not very good at drag and dropping files within media Library (eg: to change genre etc.). No specifics on this yet, but I'll experiment and let you know!

Thanks for all the changes on this build!!
P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2002, 04:20:29 am »

Feature Wish List:
  • File Naming, Visualisations, Track Info etc.: The ability to use user added fields to rename files and add to visualisations and trackinfo templates etc..
  • Hmmm... I'm sure there were more...

Thanks again for the hard work. It is much appreciated here! :)

P.

Shelly

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2002, 04:42:08 am »

Shelly, sounds like a library filter got enabled.  That's what causes tracks to get "greyed".  It should mention that in the error message that pops up.  Click on the far right player button and see what you have set for the playback filter.

That makes sense, Matt.  The message did include a statement regarding filters and I did check, however, there were none activated.  The interesting thing is that restoring libraries as far back as 2 weeks ago didn't clear the filter, if that's what was causing the problem.  Uninstalling and reinstalling MJ fixed it, so everything is ok now.  Many thanks.

Shelly

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2002, 04:59:09 am »

Hi Matt,

I can attest to the funny filtering options... MJ 9 Doesn't seem to handle filtering properly.

Can't exactly explain what happened, but it went something like this:

I have a smartlist called SKIP which gets various info from other playlists and smartlists as follows
  • anything that's been added to the playlist "Poor Quality.
  • anything that has yet to be analysed
  • anything that has the genre "speech"
  • anything that is part of the playlist "Parental Guidance" (!)
  • anything that has been played within the last 2 hours.

This caused some rather funny results coming up and a lot of "legal" tracks were being skipped despite the fact that they did not appear in the "Skip" smartlist.

I have a feeling (and sadly I'm not at my machine to test this right now) that perhaps MJ is skipping the wrong list? Perhaps an index miscalculation or similar?  ? Just a guess! ;)

P.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2002, 05:08:52 am »

Could we have a clear status about the "upgrading from MJ8" problems (MJ8 custom fields, cover art "inside", may be others ones...) ?

Is it supposed to work (if so, how) or is it delayed since it is only a preview ?

It works fine for me.  If anyone thinks it isn't please start a new thread.  It's possible there are some things we've missed.

RemyJ

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2002, 06:18:36 am »

Hi Remy,
It works now after I did what you suggested, thanks!
So how do I select to crossfade burn or normal burn ?

Beats me.  I can't uncheck the "use current playback options" checkbox whether internal or external ASPI or for my older burner that was originally detected fine.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2002, 06:44:53 am »

Right now things are hard wired.  Any playback settings you have in effect will be used when an audio CD is written.

It should only do this when "use generic" is checked, but I unchecked it when I tested and it still burned with the playback settings I was using.

Stay tuned.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2002, 01:29:04 pm »

I'm about ready to jump into this v9 thing (as soon as I copy all my music over to a few machines on the LAN).

Anything serious I should be aware of? (without reading all the posts).

If Jim makes fun of my spelling and Scronch picks on my Stillers'...then I'm outta here! :D

Xenno

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2002, 02:02:45 pm »

The Export List needs a bit of work

Some had it in the header (File Size And Duration) but did not export any info to the html for that field.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2002, 03:45:55 pm »

Thanks for the Reply Adam,

I tried it with the [ignore] at the end and it still didn't work.

I consider it a bug anyway as if there are too many -'s in the file name it should just break down the first X -'s and then presume that the last one is part of the last field name.

Another reason I consider it a bug is because new users will not know that MJ only works if the file name is 'perfect' to it's criteria. What if for instance I had:

Artist - Track # - The-File-Name where  The-File-Name actually did contain a -.
According to the way this is set up right now this would basically render the whole tool useless. Much better to just have it make anything after the first X -'s all be part of the last field name. Or possibly prompt the user to say what it is. Best option would be if it was smart and could look at all files selected to detect any patterns (album name is always the same if they're in an album as they often are, artist name might be, track numbers would be in the same position often just increasing their value etc.). MJ could try to work out for itself what the correct format is and ask the user if it's correctly broken it down.
Maybe display what both ways of breaking it down would result in for the properties and ask the user to choose the correct one as in:  Yes, Yes to all Songs, No, No to all songs
type method.

Also, the whole method for this right now of specifying naming formats using [SpecialWord]-[otherSpecialWord] is too tricky for basic users and can fall to bits too easily if they for instance leave a space between the [ SpecialWord] - [    etc.
A much better way of doing it might just be to have two columns, one on the left listing all the column names, one on the right representing the ones to be used in the format. Let the user move names from the right to left to build up the format. Helium2 does this and it's highly effective and cuts out on users having errors by not requiring the user to put input but rather just make choices.

TimB

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2002, 03:58:40 pm »

...it doesn't seem to fix the ~a problem, are y'all looking at that? :)

-=Tim=-

Please folks, for my delicate connection to sanity can y'all either say "yes we know about this and we're working on it" or "no Tim, you're smokin' dope".  If its the former, life is good.  If its the latter please let me know how I can prove this as its really annoying. :)

Thanks!

-=Tim=-

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2002, 04:20:25 pm »

I don't know what you mean--sorry.

If it is a bug you've reported, please copy and paste your original report.

There are lots of things that are still in progress so it wouldn't hurt any to wait.

TimB

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2002, 04:27:56 pm »

I'll repost...

if I use an auto smartlist based on duration I'll get files.  If I then add the ~a option I get no files, where I should get more files.  The ~a option doesn't appear to work regardless of where I use it.

Thanks!

-=Tim=-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2002, 04:56:13 pm »

Tim, we're on the ~a thing.  It's not currently using the same album logic we're using in other parts of the program.  We'll unify it soon, so then it'll be buggy everywhere  ;D  (seriously, if this isn't better in a few builds, just remind us and we'll get it)

Nila, [TITLE] isn't valid anymore.  Use [Name].  Also, add spaces around separators if you use spaces in your filenames.  Finally, use Undo/Redo if you goof up.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2002, 06:07:18 pm »

I have a searching question.  In v8, if I wanted to search for files, I could simply type search criteria in the search window.

In this version, searches are limited to database selection of the left node in the tree.  For instance, if I am in Audio-Artist/Album-Radiohead, and I type Pink in the search window, nothing appears in search results.  If I type in 'Radio', radiohead songs appear.

The searching isn't really useful if you have to select the results first.

Am I doing something wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2002, 06:47:37 pm »

SeanC,

If you want to search everything, just hit Ctrl+F first. (like in MJ 8)

The search bar is visible everywhere in case you want to further filter / search through where you are in the tree.  It may be optional to show this in places other than the root.

Hope that makes sense...

walbrech

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2002, 09:48:10 pm »

After importing all my MP3 Cds, I realized that all CD-name are there (implemented with 9.0070 - thanks), but the order of the names are are not sorted (and are not sorted when clicking on the file name tab). So the order looks like MP3_CDs_14, MP3_CDs_11, MP3_CDs_16, ...  Within the MP3_CDs_14 all tracks are shown, but I couldn't get it sorted by CD name (file name), album name, track#.

Can this be changed as well?

Regards, Wolfgang

nila

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2002, 11:40:34 pm »

Thanks Matt,
You need to update your pre-made samples as these say: TITLE.

Also, could it be possible to have a little check box in the 'Get Properties From Filename' which could be checked to autmatically Clean up the properties as well at the same time as getting them??

TimB

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2002, 01:59:14 am »

Tim, we're on the ~a thing.  It's not currently using the same album logic we're using in other parts of the program.  We'll unify it soon, so then it'll be buggy everywhere  ;D  (seriously, if this isn't better in a few builds, just remind us and we'll get it).

::phew::

Thanks Matt!!

OK, I'll shut up for awhile, absolutely no problem.  Sorry for nagging but I'd hate to not nag and have something say later "Tim, you shoulda nagged" and its also such a freaking cool concept.  :)

-=Tim=-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2002, 06:49:43 am »

I think Nila had a good point that may have gotten lost.

On the places where Renaming from Properties and Filling Properties from Filename, I think there needs to be a wizard-type interface for constructing those templates.

I've seen many jukeboxes have a box of some sort that lists all of the db fields with a checkbox next to each one. You can check the boxes of the fields you want, drag them in to the desired order, and then specify a seperator character. And then let MJ do its thing.

TimB

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2002, 07:00:29 am »

I've seen many jukeboxes have a box of some sort that lists all of the db fields with a checkbox next to each one. You can check the boxes of the fields you want, drag them in to the desired order, and then specify a seperator character. And then let MJ do its thing.
I like this idea!

-=Tim=-

jimclark

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 2B or not 2B == FF
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2002, 09:22:14 am »

:-/ I ran the audio analysis on my entire database overnight. MJ has a serious memory leak, as the process size grew to 1.5 Gig where it eventually ran out of virtual memory. Please check into this one.

Jim Clark
Jim &lt;>&lt;
Pages: [1]   Go Up