INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-encoded streams anyone?  (Read 571 times)

Moonshine

• Recent member
Re-encoded streams anyone?
« on: November 05, 2002, 02:39:52 pm »

Hello,

I have a feature request that I have a feeling others may want also.  The situation is this:

At home lives my audio collection, tons and tons of APE files.  I have a DSL line with a static IP.  Then I sit at work wanting to listen to something on the collection.  The line is 256kbps upstream so I would need to re-encode things to say 192kbps MP3 in order to stream things with Media Server.  We'll that would be great if MJ could do that on the fly.  Just some setting when connecting to a server that would say either "send everything natively" or "send as..."

Currently I get around this by making a web interface to the colection that re-encodes and streams the files to work.  However, MJ itself would be a *much* better interface.  Anyone else out there in my shoes?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Re-encoded streams anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 03:45:16 pm »

I do something similar by using a second library devoted to VBR MP3.  

The easiest way, I've found is to switch to this library, import the APE files I want and then convert them.

Doing what you suggest is possible, but it will take a lot of CPU to do it.  We've made some changes recently (v9) that may make this easier for us to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up