INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JPEG Files with JPE Extension  (Read 1494 times)

Pythius

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
JPEG Files with JPE Extension
« on: November 03, 2002, 09:29:45 am »

My digital camera generates JPEG files with JPE as an extension rather than the standard JPG. In order to use MJ I have to rename the files with JPG as the extension.  :P

Can the JPE extension be added to the recognized file types list?

Pythius

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JPEG Files with JPE Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 10:43:59 am »

What kind of camera is it?

We can add the type.

Pythius

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 12:16:03 pm »

Hello JimH,

My camera is a Minolta Dimage 7HI. This is a new model that can use either sRGB or Adobe RGB color profiles and embed the color profile in the image tag.

If you choose not to embed the color profile the camera writes a JPEG file with a JPG extension.

If you choose to embed the color profile, the camera writes a JPEG file with a JPE extension.

Strange choice. Not too many applications recognize the JPE extension.

Thanks for considering this.

Charlie

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 12:38:25 pm »

I would guess Photoshop does as it is an adobe profile.  Probably so that it can be used by professionals... sounds like a nice bit of kit anyways...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

TimB

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 03:10:55 pm »

wow, according to the release notes this is fixed in today's release.

That's pretty quick! :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Pythius

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 03:47:12 pm »

JimH,

Thanks for the amazing response. I was looking at a trial version of ACDSee for managing my image data base. Well, with this kind of response, ACDSee is history. I'm busy updating tags in MJ. ;D

NoCodeUK,

Yep, Photoshop handles JPE as does ACDSee and now MJ9. Trouble is  I use PictureWindow Pro as an image editor. After shelling out for the new hardware, $600 or so for PhotoShop is a little more than the budget can stand right now. Oh well, Christmas is right around the corner.

The D7HI is a lot of fun. I've had a D7 for almost a year now. There are a lot of improvements in the HI.

I got the itch real bad. Fortunately my son developed an interest in photography recently and so the D7 found a new home and I took care of the itch. Everyone's happy... Well, we're not sure about Mom and we're not pushing our luck with an inquiry.

Charlie

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 11:45:00 pm »

Cool...I have just bought Serif Photo Plus 8.  Not sure if this can handle JPE but if it can it may be worth considering as an editor.  Only costs £30 and has all of the major features of PhotoShop plus a few of its own and is much easier to use.  I'll find out if it it reads those files and if it does it may be worth you checking out...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up