INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions :)  (Read 684 times)

nila

Suggestions :)
« on: October 27, 2002, 02:31:39 pm »

Hiya,
Due to a post in one of the other threads about a feature to report on the quality of mp3's, someone mentioned Helium2 which I'd looked at ages ago but hadn't checked out recently.

I installed their latest version and gave it a go and noticed some really nice features in it.

1. At the top it has 4 buttons which you can press which instantly hide or show the main parts of the display. This could be used in MJ to hide or show: Left Pane, Properties Pane and anything else. It's HUGELY conveniant.

2. The fact it will highlight different rows in different colours depending on what information they contain. This would be nice if it could be customised also to show bitrate or other info. A great way of showing lots of info without putting in extra columns that need to be scrolled accross to view.

3. The rating - instead of having numbers it says:
  - Awesome
  - Very Good
  - Good
  - Poor
  - Bad
Same 5 levels as you guys use but just kind of makes it more easy to think in terms of.

4. Switching Tags tool that is included is great and HUGELY useful to switch info between any two fields.

5. MPEG Analyser Tool - Very useful to get information about the mp3's.

6. The file info summary that is displayed with info about the mp3 you have clicked on.

7. Quick Filter - 0-9 a-z  where you can choose what fields it's filtering - great fast search tool.

8. The Drop down lists to apply Filtering by Library Type, Library, Volume - a nice way to easily change between collections.

9. Album/Artist view - has a summary of all the info for each artist or album (num. tracks, total time, etc.)

10. Rating is a top level right click menu.

Just a few things I noticed in it that I thought would be great to have in MJ.

Still prefer MJ though :)

nila

Re: Suggestions :)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 02:54:16 pm »

Oh yeah, another idea - (this topic should have been called Idea's rather than suggestions cause I dont expect you to do everything I say and purely put them forwards as ideas for you guys to consider in your ultimate wisdom).

I'd like to be able to create view scheme's like this:

Artist - Album - Year

Where that is the tree for each node instead of them being like this:

Artist
- Album
  - Year

I could then do all kinds of things and it would give it a lot more power. :)

nila

Re: Suggestions :)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 02:37:04 pm »

In v9 I'd like to see the playback controls added to so there are alot more features than simply: Play and Repeat.

I'd like to see the following if possible:
- Play Current Song
(unlike changing the properties that exist now, this would still keep the current playlist but just stop after the current song).
- Play all songs
- Play Intro Mode (Amount of song to play and second offset from start should be configurable in options)
- Like to be able to set a start point in a song where it starts playing from each time (an offset in seconds or milliseconds) as well as a finish point. 'Repeat Current Song' should then make this section of the song repeat.

- Like a tempo control added so that I can play the song faster than it's actually meant to be at without permenantly modifying the song.

- Repeat Current Song
- Repeat All Songs

i'd like to see the DSP studio added as a pane of the new properties window so that I can see it at all times and have it docked and easily modify it while listening to songs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up