INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Burning & Renaming  (Read 602 times)

nila

Feature Request: Burning & Renaming
« on: October 25, 2002, 08:26:28 am »

Hiya,
A great feature I'd LOVE to see in MJ is the ability to choose Naming formats and Folder formats just like we can do for ripping and then use this naming convention for burning so we can burn cd's with different file names to what the real name is on our computer.
This would be ESPECIALLY useful with file names that are over 255 chars that cause problems when burning. Right now you just get an error message saying the file name will be truncated. It'd be nice to be able to set naming conventions.
Then I could burn all my music with:
Folder:  Artist - Album
File:  Track # - Title

Maybe make it smart so that for compilations it would do
Folder: Album
File: Track # - Title

etc.

It'd be a GREAT feature :)

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Burning & Renaming
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 08:31:09 am »

I subscribe to your proposal.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 12:30:11 pm »

Ever notice that every feature idea Nila comes up with woud "be a GREAT feature :)"?

hehe

nila

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2002, 05:24:24 pm »

Aww, thanks Doof.
If only it was the case :)

I got too many features. :)
I once thought about learning C++ and trying to build one myself but then realised it was a waste of time and I wouldn't be able to do a better job than these guys :)

One feature I'd definitely add if I did it is the ability to let people download the songs via the web server. I know it's a dodgy area but that's purely because the Music Industry is doing it's normal thing - trying to rule the monotony. They're starting to organise and allow music downloads via sites that they want but just dont want any other companies getting a cut of this HUGE action.

It's going to be legal soon enough and they want to own the whole area. I want a cut of that multi million dollar action :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up