INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move\Copy Question  (Read 938 times)

sekim

Move\Copy Question
« on: October 23, 2002, 06:01:35 pm »

Last time I had 9 in, did some ripping. Problem was I didn't set 9 up the same as 8. Installed over 8 and thought it would keep the settings. It didn't. So some files were ripped in ape and went to the mp3 folder by mistake.

Question is: Does this move files around as easily as it implies? Have never done this (Move\Copy) and do not want to go thru some theatrics with these files to move them.

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move\Copy Question
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 06:37:55 pm »

Move/Copy is "dumb".  You select the tracks then a destination folder and it sticks them there.  It does not respect artist/album directories, etc.

I always use "Rename files from properties" since you can pick a destination directory and you have the capability to set the sub directory structure via the tag values.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 07:33:47 pm »

RemyJ> I think you just hurt Move/Copy's feelings.

Mine started to cry after reading your last post. :P

Ok, I've been neglecting my sleep for far too long...

sekim

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 04:01:11 pm »

Move\Copy may be dumb, but it works easier then I thought. Must be two peas in a pod, me and move\copy.

9 has the wonderful benefit of seeing into My Computer. Used in this fashion, it picked all the errant files.  Made new folders right from MJ and transferred them without even opening windows explorer.

This is an excellent feature. Well done guys.

Pages: [1]   Go Up