INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request (Lost in the board out)  (Read 1380 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request (Lost in the board out)
« on: October 16, 2002, 12:00:04 am »

Sorry if this was read but it appears to have been lost in the ether...

One thing I would like in MJ is the ability to control the tempo of tracks within MJ and to loop a certain part.  As a guitarist it would be useful to slow down a solo without changing the pitch to work it out and then gradually speed it back up while practicing.  The feature would need to have variable speed not just set speeds and would need to work with all audio formats and CDs.  Could this be incorporated in the new playing engine??  There is a CD Player called Musicians CD player which does this for CDs but is buggy and expensive.

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

Re: Feature Request (Lost in the board out)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 07:10:30 am »

Hey Adam,
Glad u remembered it.
It was me who initially posted that.
Another part of that request was an 'intro play' type mode where it played X seconds of each song in a playlist starting from point Y.

I need it as a dancer for doing routines, clubs or anywhere public like that might also like the tempo control to speed up songs they were playing.

For now however, there's a plugin for winamp that will allow you to do it.
Cant remember the name of it. Do a search in winamp's plugin section for tempo or pace and it'll list it in the results.
If that doesn't work e-mail me at: nila@britcrew.com and I'll send you the three files it could be out of.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 07:46:42 am »

Cheers Nila.  It would be a fantastic feature to have for dancing/music playing/stroke any type of playing (HINT, HINT)

Ill check out winamp and see what I can find,

Ta

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 12:36:04 pm »

yeah, I agree big time.
Too many companies seem to think that we all love the way the music was originally created and just want to play it exactly as it comes from start to finish.
I haven't to date found any software that gives us many features to allow us to play specific parts and to change speed etc.

They're pretty easy things to do I'd imagine but most players seem to want us to get into music editing just to do this kinda stuff. Seems a little bit too much effort to want to do to each song.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 02:01:06 am »

Yep.  Definitely needs to be done on the fly.  Cos If I am playing guitar I wanna gradually speed it up as I get better at playing it and to edit everyt ime would be a nightmare.

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 08:26:26 am »

Hi guys.

In looking at the plugin that Nila had for winamp I found this page linked to by the author of the winamp plug in.  It is a library that allows the same features as the winamp plugin.  It is GPL and the source is available from the site.  Is there any way this could be turned into an MJ plugin.  I would love to do it myself but find C++ a bit taxing!!

http://www.sunpoint.net/~oparviai/soundtouch/

Cheers

Adam

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2002, 11:15:54 am »

I actually have a mostly coded MJ DSP plugin based on SoundTouch at home.  I also got permission from the author to distribute it.  Just need to find time to finish it up...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2002, 05:05:14 pm »

Well I for one hope you get time to finish it. I would find a tempo plugin hugely useful.
Especially if it could be combined with the burning engine to allow me to burn them at a faster speed.

Nila

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2002, 02:19:27 am »

Cool Matt!  I knew it was in your league and not mine!!  If that was ever finished well...  As usual MJ rocks!  Keep up the good work...

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up