INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JimH, please help!! Purchased v.9  (Read 1344 times)

SteveT

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
JimH, please help!! Purchased v.9
« on: October 08, 2002, 06:15:33 am »

Jim, I purchased v. 9 license with the intention of using version 8 until the bugs are worked out of 9 as you suggested in replying to my post looking for version 7 plug-ins.

Version 9 installed fine, and it went through and "updated" my MP3 files.  I purchased v. 9 from v. 9 and the license installed fine.  I then uninstalled version 9 (I installed it in a different directory from the version 8 download).  

When I brought up version 8 to install the license, it would not open and gave me the following message:
"You are attempting to open a database that is too new for this version of Media Jukebox.  Please upgrade to the newest version of Media Jukebox."

Did version 9 change my 9000+ MP3 files so that version 8 won't recognize them?  It took a while for the updating to finish, so that is my guess.  If so, no problem since I have backups of the MP3's on another hard drive.  Do I need to delete the "changed" MP3's and copy them back from the backup other hard drive, or is there a library entry somewhere that I can delete?

Also, I uninstalled version 8 and then installed it again with the same result.  Even if the MP3's have been modified, shouldn't version 8 load up anyway?

Many thanks.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JimH, please help!! Purchased v.9
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 06:26:29 am »

Your files are not changed.  What the error message is referring to is MJ's database.  MJ stores information about the files like Title, Artist etc in a DB.  The database in Version 9 has been updated so therefore will not work in version 8.  All you need to do is delet the database files and reinstall MJ 8.  I think the file is called mediajukebox.jmd and is stored in the Media Jukebox directory although I may be wrong.  I had a similar problem in trying to go back but doing this cleared it all up.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2002, 07:11:50 am »

A backup of your version 8 library was automatically created, and it should be here:

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Data\MJ 9 Upgrade Backups

You need to erase the version 9 library (C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Data\*.jmd)

Then, unzip the backup to the data directory.  (C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Data\)

Hope that helps...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SteveT

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 08:01:14 am »

Thanks guys.  Got the library back.  Now when I try to register version 8, I get the message "Error installing Media Jukebox license:  Invalid license."

I just bought the version 9 license and saved it to a file like the FAQ suggested.  When clicking it, it tells me that it is invalid.

I was under the impression that the version 9 license worked with version 8.  What am I doing wrong now?
I trying to activate version 8.0.372.

Thanks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2002, 08:52:11 am »

Did You Try

Media Jukebox 8.0.384 is available for download

It Is Avail In The Forum
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

SteveT

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2002, 08:57:39 am »

I'll go ahead and download the newest version.  

To activate it, do I click on the license file that I saved when I bought version 9, or do I need to activate over the internet by using my registration key?  Maybe the license file will only activate version 9, but my registration key is good for both version 8 and 9??

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2002, 10:06:22 am »

>> do I click on the license file that I saved when I
>> bought version 9
Try That, If You Use The Internet You Will Use A Restore.

As Long As The File You Saved Is Less Than 14 Days It Should Work.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up