INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: track images location  (Read 1138 times)

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
track images location
« on: September 30, 2002, 02:13:09 am »

It would be nice to have the possibility to apply a new track images location (in options menu) to the selected files.

Is there another way to move track images location for existing tracks ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: track images location
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 05:49:06 am »

Properties?

Select tracks, press alt-enter.

michel

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 06:12:36 am »

?

I selected a track and I did alt-enter without any visible result. I think I don't understand what you meant, sorry. Can you explain ?

(In my mind, that should ask for a new location)

michel

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 01:35:33 am »

I think I hasn't been very clear so let me explain better.

I use "image inside file" option except for mpc files (APE format don't allow it).

I have a lot of mpc files linked to image files stored in the default directory (C:/Program Files/MJ/...). I would prefer to store them in a dedicated directory on another disk (D:/music/db/covert art).

I can copy the image files into the new directory and to relink manually and individually EACH mpc track with its cover in the new directory (properties delete image paste new one).

But I have hundred of mpc files so how do it globally for a set of selected files ?

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 03:53:42 am »

Yeah I have this same problem only with over 400 files. Asked the same question elsewhere, haven't recieved a response. Guess it isn't possible....?

I tried using the spiffy search and replace but the image file name field isn't available as a search field...at least I couldn't find it. This would solve our problems I think.

michel

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 05:43:21 am »

I tried using the spiffy search and replace but the image file name field isn't available as a search field...at least I couldn't find it. This would solve our problems I think.

It is not only a "simple" replace as for any other field. MJ should also move the cover file into the new location in order to keep the db consistent.

We can also imagine a "move cover file of selected tracks" function.

Anyway, it is not a very common operation so a simple trick to do it once could be sufficient for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up