INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: version 9 thoughts  (Read 828 times)

daven

version 9 thoughts
« on: September 20, 2002, 08:21:07 pm »

i have been playing around with mj 9 for a bit and my greatest concern is that i don't want to treat audio the same as video or images.  for example i want to list the track# for the audio library views but not for the video.  i assume eventually there will be more independence between the different media types?  i might suggest having separate windows entirely, or tabbed windows for the different media types.

ps. i know this is a work in progress. please let me know if i am giving unnecessary suggestions.

dragyn

Re: version 9 thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 09:23:32 pm »

I agree.

I also like the View Filter and think other parts of MJ could benefit from this..like Toggle & Library Manager.

Toggle allowing to show which fields are viewable. For instance: thumbnails, thumbnails (sorted), List & Details (like how explorer works, list being "Name"). Right now using toggle is slower since it has to display the current before you can advance to the next view.

I've also seen numerous posts on Library Manager and think another toolbar pulldown button could solve a lot of that instead of looking through menus.

This could be consistent throughout MJ.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 12:29:29 pm »

Probably window tabs for different media types would be a great idea!

One tab library for audio library, one for cd catalog, one for image library, one for dvd library etc.

nila

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 01:33:17 pm »

Definitely gonna add my vote for this one.
A lot more buttons to do stuff rather than menu's would give 1 click access to more features and would hugely improove the useability of MJ, to me at least.
I always just prefer clicking a button to do something instantly rather than going through menu's to do it.
Take the bold icon on word - if that was in: format/text decoration/bold for instance it'd be much more of a pain to use.
Bring commonly used features right to the front with instant access :)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2002, 03:00:49 pm »

A lot more buttons to do stuff rather than menu's would give 1 click access to more features and would hugely improove the useability of MJ, to me at least.
I always just prefer clicking a button to do something instantly rather than going through menu's to do it.

Yes! Yes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up