INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MusicRebellion.com?  (Read 3808 times)

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
MusicRebellion.com?
« on: September 11, 2003, 05:17:06 am »

Anyone ever heard of or used MusicRebellion.com?  It looks really nice, with alot of selection, but I haven't tried it yet. Comes in mp3, WMA, and Ogg.

If you get a song from MusicRebellion.com in WMA can it be converted to mp3?  

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

wickesy

Re: MusicRebellion.com?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 10:19:49 am »

I don't like this idea:

What is dynamic pricing?
Dynamic pricing means that the price of any file changes as demand for it changes. Consumers set the price within the boundries set by artists. Each file can have its own dynamic pricing algorithm which decides when the price goes up or down. That means that the cost of a song, movie, or whatever, can change from second to second. A price quoted to you when you want to download a file is guaranteed for one minute. At the end of that minute, the price may have changed, and the system will give you a new price. Let me say that again, our prices change based on what our users want. When lots of people want to download a file, the price for it rises. When people aren't so interested in a file, the price goes down.

at all.

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 10:52:11 am »

I agree.

Though I will say this: the highest price I found was 99 cents per song, and that was on one of the new releases advertised on the front page. Classiscal songs can go for as low as 15 cents a piece.  They also discount if you buy the whole album.  Overall, I agree though -- that has the potential to be a scary way of doing things.

crow

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 11:21:11 am »

Just checked out their catalogue--not too bad, might have to give it a go  (I am a member of Emusic, and I love it, but it's relatively slim pickings on popular rock/pop).  Does anyone know the quality of their mp3's?  Are the 128 CBR, or LAME --alt-preset standard, like Emusic?  Can't find anything about it anywhere in on the site...

And you can convert WMA to mp3  (question in original post), but it's going to deteriorate sound quality

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 01:28:25 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't sure if there was some sort of protection on the WMAs though....

All in all, it looks OK, except the lack of info does not inspire confidence.  No info on what bitrates, what artist info comes with tracks, how many burns/transfers, etc.....

It also seems that there aren't that many files in mp3 format. Most seem to be in either WMA or that "pepperbox" format, whatever that is.  I want my mp3s!

crow

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 03:35:05 pm »

Yeah, I saw that pepperbox thing--what in the heck is that?  If it's not mp3, or ipod compatible  (which if it's anything other than mp3 it won't be), the site is going to be useless to me...Major bummer if so..

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 04:06:51 pm »

Peppercoin is a new payment system that allows you to buy digital content on a pay-per-use basis.

It says "Cheap" but not HOW cheap.

The preview file I downloaded was from LiquidAudio.

mms://wpreview.liquidaudio.com/asfs/umg2002d/UMG_00731454920629_01_003_75.asf?mode=PREVIEW&sku=LA0000529362&mer=musicrebellion&u1=&u2=&u3=&trk=334639&seq=1

I'll keep looking. At least it's a great site for browsing.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 07:17:53 am »

Albums are from $8 up to $11  as far as i searched.
For mp3 or wma.
So ,thank you madame , go away.
I will still use Hilary softwares....

BESIDE THIS ,IT HAS A STRONG SMELL OF RIP_OFF ,sure...

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 08:57:03 am »

It says "Cheap" but not HOW cheap.

The preview file I downloaded was from LiquidAudio.

mms://wpreview.liquidaudio.com/asfs/umg2002d/UMG_00731454920629_01_003_75.asf?mode=PREVIEW&sku=LA0000529362&mer=musicrebellion&u1=&u2=&u3=&trk=334639&seq=1

I'll keep looking. At least it's a great site for browsing.

CVIII

Most of the high priced tracks look to be about .99--not exactly a bargain, but I could use this to fill in a track here and there...Zevele, when you did that preview, did it give you the file format, and if it was mp3,  the bitrate by any chance?

I didn't try previewing--didn't think it would let you unless you had an account--maybe I'll try playing around with it some more this weekend...This thing may not be a home run, but it might be a step in the right direction.

zevele10

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 09:29:12 am »

I just did some search for some albums.
Seing the price i stopped .
Pages: [1]   Go Up