INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got E Music's Download Manager to Work ...  (Read 7568 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
I got E Music's Download Manager to Work ...
« on: May 09, 2003, 05:27:14 pm »

... by going into ZoneAlarm > Program Control > Programs and finding "E Music Download Manager", left-clicking and "allow".  Apparently, it won't trigger the "ask" function like everything else does.
The download speed is less than satisfactory ... about half of the previous version. And the Processor usage is pegged out at 100%. Maybe the higher bitrate files will compensate for our other losses.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

mao995

• nothing more to say...
Re: I got E Music's Download Manager to Work ...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 06:45:50 am »

I'm still not able to use EMusic's download manager. I don't believe it's a problem with Media Jukebox, I believe it's a problem with the download manager.

I've looked over the postings on the boards and can't find anything relevant. I'm not running ZoneAlarm. I do have a firewall that does packet and port filtering -- is there a particular inbound or outbound port that I need to allow through?

When I click on "Download entire album" for any album, the download manager launches but then displays an error dialog that says,

Failed to load C:\DOCUME~1\MAO\LOCALS~1\TEMP\name.emp

where "name" looks like the name of the album file.

Any suggestions?

rocketsauce

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 03:04:24 pm »

mao995,

Just to be sure, you're using EMusic Download Manager that you downloaded from the EMusic web site and not the download manager that comes with Media Jukebox, right? MJs download manager will no longer work with EMusic.

http://help.emusic.com/emdlm/

Rob

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 05:47:53 pm »

This is what they told me:

Please be sure you have fully removed the old DLM,
rebooted and reinstalled.  If you have done this (in order), this
means your cookies settings are set incorrectly for our site.  Try
the following:

1.  Click on "Tools" on the nav bar
2.  Then "Internet Options" on the drop down.
3.  Click the "Privacy" tab, then set the meter to LOW.)

I did all that and then did the Zone Alarm thing when it still didn't work. After uninstalling, go into Windows Explorer and delete the "Emusic Download Manager" directories, too.

You would need to ask Emusic's Tech Support about the port settings.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 04:22:46 am »

If it's a cookie problem, you can delete the cookie, as you probably know.  They're in a directory in your documents and settings directory and there are a lot of them.  It may be an emusic-something name.

rocketsauce

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 10:41:55 am »

Cookies can definitely be a problem. I was trying to get EMusic to work with Mozilla 1.4b and Mozilla Firebird browsers (it worked fine with IE), but kept getting redirected to the "sign up for a new account" page. I had gone through the list of sites to block cookies from to make sure that none of them were Emusic related, but still no luck. Finally I deleted the entire list of allowed/blocked cookie sites (cookieperm.txt) and everything works flawlessly.

Rob

mao995

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 07:33:51 pm »

Thanks, Rob, for the clarification. My mistake. I was using the MJ download manager.

For anyone else in this situation: You can't use the MJ DM with emusic. That's a shame, because the MJ manager is much nicer, and is integrated with the media playlist.

You need to change the helper app for .emp files in your browser to be the EMusic Download Manager 2, which you can download and install from emusic.com. Then, when you download music, you need to import the tracks into your Media List in MJ.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 05:52:06 pm »

Zev,
Why don't you post this on Media Center 9 Forum?
CVIII

Continued .....

That's right.
I'm cool.

adealey

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 02:05:41 pm »

You need to make sure that ".emp" files are associated with EMusic's new download manager. Mine had been associated with MJ and the Media Scheduler, of course, was very attentive to make sure it stayed that way. Once I reassigned the associated to the EMusic DM and made sure Media Scheduler wouldn't reassociate it, everything worked.

EMusic's tech support was useless. Even when I discovered and fixed the problem on my own then explained it to them, I don't think they got it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up