INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MJ/MC DM work again with emusic?  (Read 3339 times)

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
Will MJ/MC DM work again with emusic?
« on: May 01, 2003, 07:28:55 am »

Emusic has released V2 of its download manager, and MJ8 DM will no longer work. (Well, Emusic's doesn't work either -- sits there requesting file forever -- but that's another story).

I used MJ DM mainly because of the flexibility of naming files during download the way I store them. Emusic DM is very limited, forces lots of remedial keystrokes to get files renamed properly.

Jim: will MJ/MC ever work again with Emusic? I recall same thing happened with the first version of Emusic's program but you and they worked it out.

Thx.

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Re: Will MJ/MC DM work again with emusic?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 04:11:30 pm »

will MJ/MC ever work again with Emusic?

Short answer is NO.

Now, Emusic encrypts EMP file, so MJ/MC can't download any music tracks. For reason, you will need to contact Emusic directly.

Nikolay

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 05:46:22 pm »

Same old crap. It takes at least a day to get an answer from Emusic and it's usually designed to make you go away and leave them alone ... not much substance and a lot of "policy" regurgitation.
My Emusic Download Manager doesn't work and their "suggestion", after waiting 24 hours for a response, was to do what I had just told them I had already tried.
CVIII

Listening to: 'Solitude' from 'In A Sentimental Mood' by 'Django Reinhardt' on Media Center 9.0
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 12:12:26 am »

Things need to settle down
But i have no hope concerning MC to download Emusic in the future

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 08:44:08 am »

At least emusic seems to be working now; well, it was last night.
Also noticed that although EM DM is not as flexible for naming files, the files seem to be tagged properly so it's easy to rename files within MJ.
Ah well ... "progress"

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 03:05:45 pm »

I am sure it is so they can control the downloads from there system.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 11:58:16 am »

Emusic does not seem to be interested in working with us any longer.  It's a pity since we put a great deal of effort into the download manager to make it work well with Emusic.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 05:17:50 pm »

That ain't the half of it.
I participated in the Download Manager Test and used both exhaustively.
As they were aware of your efforts and it seems that EMusic's Download Manager evolved to be quite similar to Media Jukebox Download Manager, at least similar to yours a couple of years ago ... let's just say that it would seem that yours was a big influence on theirs.

What's the REAL kicker, from a personal standpoint, is that I just signed up for a year a couple of months ago and EMDM doesn't even work for me. (Judging by the EMusic Forum, I'm not the only one.)
But finally, if it hadn't been for Media Jukebox and it's Forum, I would never have signed up for EMusic in the first place and would still have been a devoted music pirate.

Their callous attitude toward the whole thing just stinks ... but it really shouldn't suprise anyone. They ARE an arm of the "Music Industry" that has a track record of customer abuse at best.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2003, 06:28:49 am »

Their callous attitude toward the whole thing just stinks ... but it really shouldn't suprise anyone. They ARE an arm of the "Music Industry" that has a track record of customer abuse at best.

CVIII

You got it! We finally have the power to show them how fed up we were with being ripped off and force fed mainstream crap day after day. So they, after years of struggle, finally acquiesce to our demands and give us decent services like emusic. Then they go and eff it up with their typical old world attitude and control issues. Guess we will have to continue ripping them off until they "get it", we will always have the power in this relationship from now on. They can flex their muscle, threaten traders, ISP's and their everyday customers. The future just looks even more bleak for the RIAA until they understand how to work with the customers rather than continuing to use their greedy tactics that got them in this mess to begin with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up