INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lossless Legal Download Sites  (Read 16530 times)

ShockValue

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Lossless Legal Download Sites
« on: April 01, 2003, 02:04:52 pm »

Is there any service that lets you pay to download lossless music?  I know the files would be large, but it would still be faster to download than to drive to the closest decent music store (at least it would be more convenient.)  Plus since I seem to live in hick-ville, the only thing that the local stores seem to carry with any frequency is Britney, m+m and garth brooks.

Srry if this has been asked before, I did a search on lossless and came up empty.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lossless Legal Download Sites
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 02:22:52 pm »

I don't know of any service that provides lossless files.  It may exist, but I've never heard of one.

I agree that it is a good solution in some cases.

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 03:51:09 pm »

As far as i know ,there is not such a service.
You can get lossless SHN from bands who allow trade of they live music.
There is some not legal sites where you can get regular cds on SHN format.
And a lot of forums with APE and FLAC.
I do put some APE on one Hillary program.
But i never heard of legal site selling lossless music ,and i do not think we may see it soon.
The closest is a legal site where you can chose MP3-OGG-MPC-WMA and AAC format from 128 up to the maximum encoding
You pay by MB

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 12:31:51 am »

The closest is a legal site where you can chose MP3-OGG-MPC-WMA and AAC format from 128 up to the maximum encoding
You pay by MB

I'm a subscriber of EMusic and Weblisten and neither of them give this feature. I'm interested in such a legal service... would you be so kind to give me the address?

Thanks in advance, Zev.

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 01:01:59 am »

OK
It is jewish Easter ,so i have to give you an 'easter egg'

http://www.[web site removed].com/index2.shtml

Deivit

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 01:39:35 am »

Thank you very much for your "easter egg", Zev  ;)

Talking about traditions (strictly OT):

We do not have "easter eggs" tradition here in Spain, but next week, the 23rd of April is "Sant Jordi" Day in Catalonia, where Barcelona is. It's one of our more important holidays. As you may probably know, two of the all-time greatest writers died on a 23rd of April... Shakespeare and Cervantes. This is why the 23rd of April is also the "book day" in some parts of the world.

There is a nice tradition in Catalonia for "Sant Jordi's Day". Every guy will give a single red rose to his girlfriend, wife or whatever. In exchange, every girl will give his guy a book. The tradition is so widely extended in Barcelona that every 23rd of April is like an explosion of colour in the streets because of the thousands of roses. Male co-workers give a rose to her female collegues... sons to their mothers, fathers to their daughters... (somehow the books do not move around with the same pace though  ;) ) It is said that more than 3 million roses were sold in Barcelona last year's Sant Jordi's Day.

Ah! ... and if your girl is far away on Sant Jordi's Day it doesn't matter...  you can always send her a virtual rose:                  

@}--`-,-`---

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 02:35:46 am »

Barcelona !!!!!!
Such a great place!

If you ,i may use PayPal on this site ,not given them my credit car number.
To be fair i have no raison to say it , but with such countrys...
If you have allready a PayPal accompt, you can buy music from inside they site , no need to go to PayPal.

In France - where i was born ,there is not a very strong' easter eggs' tradition as well.

Here ,in Israel of cause not.
We celebrate the liberation from Egypt and the end of the years in the desert leading to the birth of Israel as a nation

Deivit

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 06:07:28 am »

Merci beaucoup, Zev. I'll take your advise on using PayPal.

Happy easter  :)

NY40Male

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 05:22:44 pm »

Great Site...But The Downloading Stinks....Or Is There Some Better Way Of Doing It...Downloading A FREE Barry Manilow Album To Try It

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 05:44:14 pm »

AllofMP3 type people,

The free downloading DOES stink. Just like dial-up no matter what YOU have.  

HOWEVER, with the $0.01 (US) per MB option, you can have three going at once (with Download Manager set for 3) at about 43 KBPS / sec. That's as fast as I can get Emusic downloads.

The encoding options are great.
Anything from 128 to 384 KB mp3's and comparable OGG, WAV, MPC options.

PayPal is a must and, if you've never used it before, it takes a while to set up an account. A couple of days. This is to verify that you are you and there's money in your account. They like a checking account with a plastic backup. Since Ebay took them over, there may be other options. Mine works well and I didn't even use it for a year and it was still available when I wanted it.

The free downloads will ALWAYS be slow and will always be 128 KB but the paid ones are much faster and you can choose your encoding type and quality.
You are, after all, buying encoding quality and bandwidth. I doubt if the artists get anything. It's possible but it's not mentioned.

BUT BE WARNED!!!
At $0.01 / MB of download, I had to make myself stop at $90 after one month. It's addicting. The selection is TOO good.

CVIII

Listening to "I Know a Little" by "Lynrd Skynrd". In my head.
That's right.
I'm cool.

NY40Male

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 05:50:38 pm »

How Many Did You Download For $90.00
I Was Trying To Do The Math On That Option
But It Didnt Seem To Make Sense.
Also The Only Way I Can Get Them Into Download Manager Is To Right Click On The Link And Save With Download Manager
Thanks

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 06:15:05 pm »

Make sure DM is turned on first and has MP3's in the list. You have to click on each one but it adds it to the list of downloads. Three at a time is AllofMP3's limit.

And speaking of lists, I can send you the list of the songs I downloaded from there. There are several. Hundreds, in fact. It averages about $0.10 per song. Not tonight, though.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 07:51:22 pm »

OK
free are VERY slow to download...but they are free and there is A LOT of them.
Not only 128 ,160 and 320 as well.
Free today , not next week . They change from time to time the free songs.

One month/1000 songs/ $14,95 is limited to 3 downloads at once and 30 kps- it is not really fast ,but you have time in one month to get your 1000 songs.
Online encoding has no limit speed - only the one of your connection-

If you take MP3 192 VRB kps , a full cd would be from $ 0,50 up to $1 +. According to how long is the cd.
More or less ,you can think as $1 an album.
I did buy some albums i got from Emusic and trust me , a Lame 192 VRB and a Xing 128 ARE NOT the same quality.......

Concerning the free and 1000 songs/$14,95 , there is sometimes big mess concerning tags : speeling mistakes , one song missing , and no tracks numbers.

Online encoding is fine.
I do not use MC download manager ,but i do not have any problem with the download manager i use. And i know that Michel- from this forum- use only MC DM.
I spent more than Charlemagne on they site , but i use it since much more time than him.

They play the rules as they are in they country: they do pay the local iraa ,and ,one way or another artists get some money.

So ,enjoy it

NY40Male

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2003, 09:06:38 pm »

Speed Of The Computer Must Make A Difference....
On My Crappy AMD (Vintage 1901 Model) The Downloads In MJ Downloader Are 3 Files At Once Each One Downloading At Around 23K/Sec...On My P4-2.4....I've Got 3 Downloads Going At Once And Each Of Those 3 Are Downloading At Around 70k/Sec....
Thought I Let You Know

zevele10

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2003, 02:30:17 am »

If you download Online Encoding ,the faster the computer and first the connection ,the faster the downloads.

I got around 150-170 kps speed when downloading Online Encoding

Deivit

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2003, 05:48:47 am »

Hi Zev,

Just signed up last night. Used paypal and registration and payment procedures were fast and smooth... I was ready to download the first album in 5 minutes from starting the whole process.

Put $10,00 in my account and downloaded the first album just to test. I agree that 1 album = 1$ is a good average to make an idea.

Downloaded using Download Manager from MediaJuekox. It took a while to get the online encoding show the list of links (about 15 minutes). Dragged and dropped the links to DM. Got DM set to 1 at a time and the speed was 217-220, which is the maximum that my home ADSL 256 connection would normally yield.

Good experience so far and very nice catalogue.

Thanks again for the info, Zev.

------
Listening to: 'Evidence' from 'GoodFellas' by 'Joey DeFrancesco' on Media Jukebox

zevele10

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2003, 08:21:45 am »

Have a look ,but i think you have few days to download your Online order.
And they debit you when you have downloaded the songs ,not when you order it.
I have 3 accompts:

-One where i put only the free songs

-One where i buy 1000 songs/$15- in fact i take 4000 songs/$50- you can as well take Online with it, you lost days of downloads ,you have to understand what they say ,but it is not really clear...

-One with only OnlineEncoding

I just toke a new 4000songs/$45 yesterday ,as soon as I finished the last one .
I got 3987  songs AND   572  Online Encode songs  for $50...not bad!

NY40Male

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2003, 08:40:12 am »

Okay Dumb Question Time
Which Is A Better Deal The 1000/$15.00 or The .001 Deal?....Also How Did You Get 4000 Songs For $50.00...or Did You Sign Up With 3 Different Screen Names And Payment Options...Also The VIP Downloads Dont Cost The $.001 Just The Online Encode..You Are Correct Their Information Is Extremely Sketchy

zevele10

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2003, 09:06:39 am »

Ok , i will try to tell you
VIP ,you can also get them using your OnlineEncoding.
You cannot choose the format or the bit rate , you get what you see .
It cost you more or less double price than if you take the VIP 1000 songs deal. But there is not download speed limitation.

Now the VIP deal is not only 1000 songs/$15 but as well time : you have one month to download them.
If you take Online Encoding with your VIP account ,you lost days ,not songs.
Keep in mind that the maxinum speed you get is 30.

VIP is 1000/one month/$14.95
But you can take more ,up to 4000/4 months.
In this case it coast $49,50 instead of $14,95X4.
You save some money ,but you can save more by using Online Encoding with your VIP account

Now the best thing to do is to give you an example.

I will post my statement as it is now ,order one or two Online Encoding and post the new statement

Right now:
April 16, 2003   120 days   $49.95   PAYPAL   Monthly payment   144   23 file(s), $1.414, 3.4258473 day(s)

144 is the number of songs VIP i got  -23 is the number of Online Encode i got.
I lost 3.425..... days from my 120 days download

Will post my new statement after 2 Online Encode cds ,you may understand ....

PS : i lost 3 days ,cause most of the songs are 10 to 20 minutes long. With 3-4 minutes long songs ,i would have lost 1.4567... day.

I 'am back soon

OK
I downloaded 3 albums Online Encode.
This is my new statement:

April 16, 2003   120 days   $49.95   PAYPAL   Monthly payment   145   51 file(s), $3.685, 8.9266246 day(s

As you can see ,i have now 8 days less
I have the new deal since April 16 ,but only 110 days left.

I fact there is some tips to get the most.
But i'am going out to a punk concert -5 bands - so later

By the way :happy and kosher Pessah

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2003, 04:01:18 pm »

I got a list and it was just album titles. There were three pages. Too big to post.
So I counted "files" and got 1,083 mp3's totalling 8.47 GB. I still have about $3.50 left. That gets me up to 14,901 files in Media Center. Look out, King Sparta.

The VIP's cost the same as Online Encode. You also pay the same rate for videos - $0.01 / MB. A music video is about the same as a CD - around $1.00.

If you're patient and can leave your downloads going overnight, it would most likely be better to go with the monthly price. If you're NOT patient, like me, and fool yourself into thinking that you'll only spend $25 at the most, go for the MB rate. And, like Zevele says, you CAN do both.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

NY40Male

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2003, 07:43:57 pm »

Charlemagne 8  Posted on: Today at 7:01pm

If you're patient and can leave your downloads going overnight

if you let it run overnight how are you getting them into the right artists/albums when you work on them next?
or am i missing something again?

thanks

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2003, 06:36:45 am »

NY40,
Tagging is  more primitive than with Emusic but you can get better tags by telling AllofMP3 to "Switch on audio files rename system? = yes" under "Account Details > Site Tuning". Some will tag well, some won't. There are never track numbers in the tag but there are in the file name so you can change those in MC9 fairly easily.
DM will put them in the same directory as Emusic but will not create individual Artist/Album subdirectories like Emusic does. That also can be done after you import to MC9.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2003, 01:56:45 pm »

From AllofMP3 site:

April 15, 2003

Monthly subscription will be more effective!

Using the "Monthly subscription" give a possibility to download "Online Encoded" music files without traffic payments, now. (They are joined in 1000 files per month limit) (*)-selection of some positions at the order "Online Encoded"  files, means, that such files will be considered like ordinary in balance (without traffic deduction). Thus, You have get a many times greater comprehension of compositions in the same monthly costs.

Full list of this special action's formats:

MP3 / Lame / 128 kbps / CBR
MP3 / Lame / 128 kbps / ABR
MP3 / Blade / 128 kbps / CBR
Windows Media Audio / wma7 / 128 kbps / CBR
Windows Media Audio / wma8 / 128 kbps / CBR
Windows Media Audio / wma9 / 128 kbps / One Pass CBR
Windows Media Audio / wma9 / 128 kbps / TWO Pass CBR
Windows Media Audio / wma9 / Quality 50 VBR
Windows Media Audio / wma9 / Quality 75 VBR
Windows Media Audio / wma9 / 128 kbps / VBR
OGG Vorbis / 128 kbps / CBR
OGG Vorbis / Quality 3
OGG Vorbis / Quality 4
MPEG-4 AAC / 128 kbps / CBR
MPEG+ / RADIO preset

Ordered in different formats "Online Encoded"   compositions, are still paying by traffic. Downloading "Online Encoded" speed  files with month calculation equal to ordinary VIP file's downloading speed (256 kbps (10x3)).

I'm not sure EXACTLY what it means as it's machine-translated from Russian but I think it means that the above-listed files no longer deduct from the monthly time, just the 1000 files.

Still on the low end of quality but as good as Emusic.

CVIII

That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2003, 10:17:44 am »

Yes ,it means that Online Encoding at this quality does not take days on your deal ,just in the 1000 songs ,but at the same speed than VIP ,not maximun speed like regular online.

In another hand regular Online does take days of your contract ,but the songs are not part of the 1000 and you can download at full speed.
And at the same time you can download VIP with a download manager , and Online at full speed with another download manager
  -=-=-=-=-

Now some tips to get the most of your 1000 or more sngs deal.

The songs VIP or Free you put in 'MY Downloads' stay there for ever until you download it.
I mean ,even if you deal is finished ,ready to be downloaded next time you pay.

But you can put VIP in 'My Downloads' only if you have an active accompt = with money on it.

SO ,you take $10 Online Encoding. YOU DO NOT download anything.

You just browse they site-- yes i know ,they site is VERY low..- and you put in "My Downloads " all the songs VIP you wish to get.
If you are very stubborn as i am ,you browse ALL they catalogue and you put thousands and thousands VIP songs in "My Download "
YES ,it is a pain in ..some place....

But ,now you are ready: first use your $10 Onlone Encode.
Just after ,take a VIP deal and mix VIP and Online Encoding.
Start to download 1000 songs , after that take a hundred Online ,and so on. You have to see how days/songs to download.

As i said befoere :
I got 3987  songs AND   572  Online Encode songs  for $50
But you can do better concerning Online. My goal was to get some full dicographys , so i did not try to get the most Online.

With my new deal from last week , i will get the best of it ,because i have around 10.000 songs in " My Downloads".
So everething is fast.I just feed my download manager for few days of downloads non-stop.

I may once take a 1000 songs and get only Online 128 for some albums i am very curious to listen to.But as a rule i will stay with 192 VRB or OGG 6 for Online Encoding.

I tested yersterday , ordered from them some  same songs in 192 and 128 VRB=== the sound IS NOT the same ,trust me...

NY40Male

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2003, 11:17:45 am »

My Question:

I Signed Up For A 2 Month Subscription 1,000 Songs A Month? Can You Get
The
> 2,000 Songs As Soon As You Like Or Are You Still Limited To 1,000 Songs A
> Month.Ive Downloaded 1078, And I Dont Want To Be Removed From The Service.
> Also Because I'm Over The 1,000 Is That Why My Balance Is More..It Said My
> Sum Was $27.95 (I Think). Appreciate The Help

Their Response:

You can download all 2000 files for 1 day and on the second will be suspend
account.
So, to you to decide when and how many files download.

zevele10

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2003, 10:06:25 am »

You are fine , no problem.
Now ,it is time to do as i said : order some OnlineEncode.If you take MP3 Lame 128 VRB ,they are in the 2000 songs deal.
If you take MP3 192 , you will lost somme days in your deal.
But you can order let say around  20 albums.
You do not need to stop to download the VIP songs. Just use another download manager.
When you had get all the Online Encode ,look at your balance, you will see how days are left, according to it and the number of songs left  , you can see if you can take more OnlineEncode.
The OnlineEncode ARE NOT part of the 2000 songs.
You can get your 2000 songs and X OnlineEncode songs

NY40Male

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2003, 12:40:17 pm »

Stats:

Left   53 days

You can order OnlineEncode to   $24.743

So I Could Download Online Encode Only...Until My 24.743 Runs Out?

Also.....You Have Any Magical Way Of Finding The "FREE" Ones?...Or Is It Just Luck To Stumble On Them

Thanks

zevele10

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2003, 01:45:31 pm »

You have 53 days to download your 2000- 1078 songs=
Or from now you can order 4 23.. Online

But better to order now only some Online.Let says 10 ,20 albums.
You will have 30 days left and $ 12 [i say it as exemple ,this NOT an accurate calcul ]

Download after that VIP ,up to the point you have 1956 songs downloaded ,7 days left and $.. left.
At the en you would have got 1984 VIP songs and 200 Online=== more than only the 2000 online.

Concerning the free ,it is just that ,as i said i  browsed all they catalogue...

DO NOT download free now.
It is part of the VIP speed.  You cannot download more than 3 songs at the same time from VIP and Free.

Online at more than 128 , you do not have any speed limitation

NY40Male

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »

Zev...
I Just Downloaded 2 - Alan Parson Project Albums
Both Online Encode..Both Lame 128
How Come My Files Total Goes Up To 1263..My Online Encode Shows - And My Balance Hasnt Changed?

Weird Site..Great Music Tho

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2003, 05:16:28 pm »

The way I read the "deal" is that you can online encode to 128 kbps and there's no charge as long as you are running a monthly subscription. It does, however, deduct from the total files allowed.
It IS a weird site. They DO have some great music and more comes every day.
How's the download speed for Monthly files?
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2003, 10:00:22 pm »

Yes ,any OnlineEncoding at 128 is now part of the VP.
So ,you did not lost days ,just X songs from your 2000

Karolus:
VIP is 3 download at once maximum and a total maximun speed of 30 kbs
n MC download manager ,must be like 240 speed

NY40Male

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2003, 12:49:17 am »

So You Download 1,000 VIP's A Month..Plus Online Encode Till You Run Outta Money...But The File Total Still Counts All The Downloads The Same

Deivit

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2003, 01:03:18 am »

Yes, the quicker you get your 1000 vips the larger the budget you'll have to use for buying Onlines (encoded > 128K).

For instance, say you took a one-month 14,95$ account last Sarturday April 19th.

$14,95 / 30 = $0,50 per day.

If today April 24th you have already downloaded 998 vip files (this includes online encoding 128 K), since 5 days have passed ($0,50 x 5 = $2,50) your money balance will show $14,95 - $2,50 = $12,45.

Therefore, you have eaten up all your 1000 tracks/month but still have time and money left. You can exchange your $12,45 for Online Encodings (>128 K that only count against money and not against de 1000 tracks limit)... so you'll probably will be able to download some 15 average albums encoded at 192 K.

At the end of your $14,95 you'll get 998 tracks + 15 albums (some 150-180 additional tracks).

zevele10

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2003, 09:43:52 am »

It is not really as you say
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE 1000 songs.
At 10000 ,your account is close ,finish.

So ,go fast to download ,let say 1000 if you have 2 0r 4 months.
Take OnlineEncode up to the point you have enought days left to download the remaining songs.
Let say  up to 15 days to download the 1000 songs.
Download let say 956 ,and use the money'day left to get OnlineEncode.

As i said before ALL the free and VIP songs stay in 'MY Downloads ' as long as you do not download them.
So if you have some songs missig from an album ,t is not that much a problem.
Next time you take a new deal,just start with this songs.

Another way is to have a second account- Thake the same user name with a -   : if you are karolus ,take caro-lus
You can use the same email and password.
Just put $10 in it: you will use it if you see one or more songs missing or if you see a new album on OnlineEncode  that you want to get.
I put $10 in a second account in october and i still have around $8 left

Deivit

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2003, 11:28:41 am »

OK thanks for your advise, Zev. I'm gonna do that, stopping when I reach "almost" 1000 songs.

By the way, you cannot use the same email for two different accounts. I tried to and the system told me that the email was already in use... but no problem... have spare email addresses ;)

zevele10

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2003, 12:28:05 pm »

Yes ,you are right.
Just because with all my zevele : 1-01-10 i did not remember i used a second one.
By the way ,i have 5 zevele... emails and ZERO % spam.....

zevele10

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2003, 07:01:57 am »

-=-=-=There are never track numbers in the tag but there are in the file name so you can change those in MC9 fairly easily.  -=-=

I am just lost with MC9 ..
How i do it?

Deivit

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2003, 07:32:49 am »

Still with MJ8  :-/ so I don't know how does it work with MC9, but I assume that there will be a properties menu and using the "fill properties with filename" before renaming the tracks may help to fill the track numbers all at once. Then, you can rename the way you like it most.

Actually I tag everything from [web site removed] using MusicMatch "Supertagging" feature so I can't help you too much with this. Sorry, Zev.

NY40Male

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2003, 10:38:43 am »

www.softpointer.com
Tag & Rename

(%1\%3\%1 - %2)
Artist\Album\Artist - Title

Takes About 2 Seconds

zevele10

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2003, 11:41:22 am »

I tag ALL my mp3 using MM SuperTag.
But if the album not in the data ,you do not get the tracks numbers.
And sometimes you do not get the infos because there is no track number on the songs.
The only way i know is to enter each song number in the case.

I do know that in MJ8 and MC9 you can put the tracks number in the tags if they are in the file name ,  full album at once.
But i do not remember how to do it.
It is very good cause after that you can work in MM with all the songs with they numbers.
Another good thing is when you have a double cd and got song 1,song 1 and 2-2 and 3-3 from MM, if Aloff has put from o1 up to 20 in file name ,with MJ or MC you can update the songs numbers

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2003, 03:53:10 pm »

With MC9:

Import the songs into MC9 if not done already. (Download Manager does this for you if you choose. --- Sorry. Had to give DM a plug.)
Highlight them all the usual Windows way.
Everything you need to do will be accessible by Right-clicking anywhere in the highlighted files and go to "Library Tools".
Sometimes you have to run "Clean File Properties" to get rid of any extra underscores   ... sometimes you don't.

If the file name looks like "01_-_Songname.*" you need to, if it looks like "01 - Songname.*", you don't.

When running CFP make sure that only Filename (maybe "Name" too ... your choice) is checked. Nothing else. I can't go into all the options for what this does, there are too many. Use your best judgement.

After CFP runs, the files will still be highlighted ... that's good. The rest will go much faster.

Still under "Library Tools", run "Rename Properties From Filename" with [TRACK#] - [IGNORE] (Note all caps and square brackets).

Your track numbers should be correct, now.

If the track numbers don't import from AllofMP3 (rare but it happens) you can order them by import date and "Fill Track Numbers From List Order".

At this point, I "rename files from properties" to get them into directories and subdirectories. Again, many options for this procedure.

Notice that everytime you use a routine from any pull-down, MC9 places it at the top of the list so you don't have to go to the pull-down again. It does the last three routines like this. Handy if you're doing multiple batches.

Finally, I "Analyze Audio". This takes a while no matter what but any of the other routines is very much faster after the first reading.

Go wild.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2003, 10:23:16 am »

Deivit

For us ,i found a way, less esoteric than the Charlemagne 8 ,but working nice.
Import the tack first in MJ ,not MM.
Set your left windows to have file names and track numbers  close. to each other
When you see track numbers 00 or 22 ,have a look at the file name.
If you see there is the track number in it ,click on the top of the file names colonne until you have the right order..1-2-3-.
From this use " Fil Track Numbers From List order'
Do it album by album.
When you have finish ,DO NOT FORGET to do "Update Tags From Librairy"

After that ,import the songs in MM. To have track numbers help a lot SuperTag.

Deivit

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2003, 01:04:02 pm »

Thanks for your suggestion, Zev. I'm gonna give it a try.

I have tagged some 750 '[web site removed]' tracks this afternoon... a lazy holiday afternoon here because of the 1st of May public holiday... Wanting to have all your tracks correctly tagged it's really a tough job!  ;)

I would probably use more MJ (or MC when it's finally released) for "tagging" if I could work on tags and, at the same time, have the "playing now" window at sight. Unfortunately, as far as I know you cannot do both things at a time and it's a shame. I'd love having the playing now window always visible because I have made myself a very rudimentary track info visualization with all the info of the song that I want to see, including the nice cover arts from amazon.com ... and I cannot see it when I'm working in "administrative" tasks!!  :( So I found more convenient working with MusicMatch Supertagging while listening to the music through MJ.

Take care, Zev.

Listening to: 'Oblivion (Trombone Soliste)' from 'Musiques de Films: Tango L'exil De Gardel/Henri IV' by 'Astor Piazzolla' on Media Jukebox

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2003, 03:20:55 pm »

I don't have MusicMatch and won't get it. I'm a Media Center guy, at least for audio. Video's a different story but not important here.
I suppose I'll just have to plod along with the "esoteric" Media Center way. Just because Media Center's main focus for the last few years has been file managing and tagging and they've gotten really good at it is no reason to use it.

CVIII

Oh, and if you start your playlist playing before you start editing tags, all works well while listening.
That's right.
I'm cool.

Deivit

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2003, 10:04:42 pm »

Hi C8,

In fact I only use MusicMatch for the SuperTagging convenience but play all my music with MusicJukebox - Media Center.

By the way... I cannot find how to work on tagging files of a playlist AND having the playing now window both open at the same time  :( Perhaps in Media Center it's possible but I think it's not in MediaJukebox. Ho do you do that?? Of course assuming that the files to work with are not in the playing now list.

Regards

zevele10

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2003, 11:02:31 pm »

Karolus , my friend,
To say we use MusicMatch to tag is not the true.

We use one fonction of MusicMatch plus : SuperTag
What is it?
Let say you have an album from Allfmp3 , you put it in SuperTags and MM goes online to get tags and art sleeve.
If you remember the 'get info from cddb' a kind of ,but WORKING ,and you can put more than one track.
Of cause you do not get 100% results ,but around 80-90 %.
I can say that the $20 i spent on MM to get SuperTag are part of the money the best spend in my internet life.

Now ,if you want to compare with MJ or MC the MM jukebox  , do not waste your time ..... NOTHING CLOSE.
Just play the same song with both ..with one you feel someone is puting his hands on your ears.......

Deivit

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2003, 06:20:27 am »

Zev, what download manager are you using with the russians?

I started with J River Download Manager (MediaJukebox) but having to click on every single link was painful when you had 200 or 300 links.

Then I switched to "Leechget" (www.leechget.de) which has a beautiful feature. You can open the "list of all links" page from [web site removed], right-click on the page and choose "select all" -> copy and then go to the main window in Leechget and start a new job "from the clipboard". This results in all the links addded to the download window, which is really good. Also, it has a nice feature called "Sleep" that allows you to just feed the manager with links but not starting the downloads till you really want to. In two words, the perfect download manager for [web site removed]. However, sometimes the queue hangs and it's very sad to feed the manager before going to sleep or to the office and wake up or arrive from the office and realize that you've only downloaded 20 tracks and the rest are still there :( I even have to empty the list, close the program and reload the list to start downloading again.

I think that JRiver download manager may have a way to copy the links from the clipboard or something to that effect, i.e. not having to click individually on each link, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Regards

zevele10

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2003, 09:45:33 am »

I use Star Downloader

I do not know if i can do as you do because i never try to find out.
I click on all the songs.
Anyway they site is so slow that to have to click does not look as a big task ,to get the page is.
After 2 or 3 days ,i just check is there is some songs i missed.

Why i like Star Downloader :
you can feed it with days and days of downloads and it works. No crash ,no problem. Not the case of many others.
If i click twice on a song , Star Download put a [ 1] at the end of the second time i  clicked.
Easy to find ,even with thousands songs in the window.
I do not trust MJ/MC download manager concerning hudge tasks.

Look like you may upgrade to MC9 ,you spoke about it in one post.
If yes ,i would give you some tips to conjugue MC and SuperTags power to the best results

Have a nice week-end

NY40Male

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2003, 09:49:44 am »

Hey Zev

I Use ReGet Pro...Cost Me $10.00 Works Great And I Leave It Running Like You Do For Days

Deivit

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2003, 10:42:33 am »

Hi Zev & NY40Male,

I'm gonna try one of those and see how it works. By the way, are your accounts working OK right now?? ... mine seem not to work. I cannot put anything into My Downloads, the download list has dissapeared, the MyStats page shows 0 files and myBalance shows no files downloaded (but too bad since I cannot put nothing to download  ;D) ... and it's in ALL my accounts so I pressume is a general problem. Can you check yours for me?

Have a nive week-end you too both  :)

Zev, I'm gonna upgrade to MC9 very soon, when it becomes final release. We'll keep in touch ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up