INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terminated I Hope!  (Read 5193 times)

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
Terminated I Hope!
« on: November 23, 2002, 05:35:10 pm »

I tried e-music's free trial. After downloading my free 50 songs I decided that e-music has very little of the music I like so I tried to terminate. Not sure if I have or not as they make it very hard and confusing to end your subscription. Anyway I hope I am terminated and I will not pay if they send me a bill.
deerhunter

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Terminated I Hope!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 06:48:44 pm »

dh,
They won't send a bill. If they don't have a CC#, there's not much they can do. I let my three month trial end but didn't cancel. After a few days of inability to access, they decided to let me back in again, after charging my CC for another month, of course. I guess I'm on a month to month basis ... no contract ... I guess. Could be wrong. I check on the new listings once a week. If I don't find anything, I'm going to cancel. We'll see how THAT works, then.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 02:46:29 am »

They do have my credit card number. You have to give it to them to get the free trial subscription. I looked at my account history and they have me for a three month subscription plus having ended my subscription.  The three month subscription was added after I ended my subscription. Ironic that I want to be sure to be terminated while others are terminated who want to keep the service.
deerhunter

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 08:27:54 am »

karolus
You pay $ 9.99 for the fouth month ,or more/

According to you taste [most of the time good ] ,there is million good songs for you on Emusic

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 11:56:23 am »

Zevele,
Nope. I would have to sign up for a year to do that. I still pay $14.95 but it's worth it to not be subject to a contract. If I'm still on in another couple of months, I MIGHT do it (sign up for a year) but I would probably need to be drinking to do that.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 12:28:13 pm »

Hard to get you on it ,fewmonths at $15 would cost like a year .
I am close to the end of my second year . Like it no need o rush to get albums and ,all the time new stuff.

Did you get Spanky Evangelist from me on ...?
If yes ,can you send me the tags -song names - look like a great problem stormed my Emusic folder

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 04:54:38 pm »

Zevele,

Actually 8 months.

It's all about long term obligation. I hate it. I avoid it ever chance I get. This is one chance.

I suppose it all comes from growing up in a credit-card society. Most people in the U.S. are in debt up to their eyeballs.

I was, once. I am still in debt for my house and I had to sign up for a year of DSL to get it but that's about it. It took years to get out from under multiple credit cards and I won't go there again if I can help it.

$5 per month extra is worth the ability to walk away whenever I please.

CVIII

Did you see the picture of my family? I forgot to mention that I am also in debt for the red-haired one. She's in college.
That's right.
I'm cool.

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 12:49:23 pm »

Well just as I thought those potlickers at emusic sent me a bill for 14.95 on my credit card after I canceled their so called free trial and even got an email from them saying it was canceled. They will play hell getting a dime from me anytime now. Calling my credit card tomorrow and telling them not to pay this.
 If this is the way they run their business I want no part of it and will pass it along to everyone I know.
deerhunter

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 04:22:51 pm »

deerhunter,
I don't blame you. AOL did the same to me several years ago and I won't touch them.
Maybe if you downloaded huge amounts, they would cancel you.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2002, 08:34:04 am »

Number8
I know-even if i do not undrstand- the problem in USA about credit card.
much more difficult in Europe or here to have hudge  depts with credit card.

Beside it you are right about internet expenses.
I try to get everymonth expenses as low as i can.
Just have Emusic-$10-,MP3.com adfree-$1,99- and $30 each year for Yahoo Mail Plus.
On the top of it i give myself a $100-150 a month.
To buy softwares and PayPal  for records -Softwares are no often,but PayPal for recordsdoes not stand my limitation....

Just since friday $ 150 with PayPal.....
But  WHAT CAN YOU DO when you find Rain Parade live bootlegs and get a list  from a seller with tons of 7" you are looking for?

I saw the picture of your family and let me tell you something: i am SURE that they are childrens from your wife and  you
They got from both in a very interesting mix.

....now back to MP3.com to buy some net cds.
Better not to speak about the next month internet bill........

Here cold ,rain ,winds ,storms.
Very good ,very very good.
For the body ,yhe mind and the country -we need water-

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 02:06:41 pm »

Emusic finally cancelled my account and credited my credit card. Now can somebody tell me what music service has my type of music. Rock and Roll before 1964 including Doo Wop, Old country from 1980 back to the 1920's, old and new bluegrass and all the old hit parade and world war II music. Them I would get a subscription.
deerhunter

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 02:15:50 pm »

Rhapsody has that kind of stuff. $10/month, cancel anytime. You can't download but you can listen anytime you're on line. With a high speed connection, the quality is very good. Sort of like having KingSparta's music on an online hard drive.
If you want, you can burn a CD at $1.00 per track, regardless of length. It works well but you have to be careful. You CAN end up paying more than if you bought the CD. You can also pay much less.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2002, 11:13:52 am »

I want to download it and a $1.00 a track is too much for that old out of date stuff. Emusic had the right deal and the price was right but not much of the music I like.
Some of the quality was poor too. Unfortunately out here in the sticks we can't get highspeed internet connection yet.
deerhunter

zevele10

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2002, 11:41:56 am »

out there in the sticks ,i assume you got The Louisiana Hayride Archives  before you left Emusic....
Do not know if Rhapsody has what you are looking for.
BUT ,right now they have a free trial -one week and after 3 or 6 months at less than $5 ,after that full price.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY SONGS AT $1 one.
Start to play with MJ8 or MC9 Recorder from Mixer source. Can be a pain in the ... to set ,even with tips from JRiver staff.
After it ,just rip it to your hard drive . It is better to keep the original format of the stream -in this case Windows 128 kps.
But i did it in Windows 128 and mp3 VRR 192- i mean conversion on the fly at the same time than you rip.
Sound is the same .So if you want  mp3 ,go for it.

IS THIS LEGAL?
I assume YES
JRiver who is so fast and prompt to delete any post againsts major labels and waffen ss iriaa WOULD not allows register users - and maybe free users - to use any of this fonction to make anything against corporates  and labels.
If yes hard to understand how you can be a P-u-s-s-y and  the piece of meat going inside at the same time......

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2002, 03:19:25 pm »

JimH is not your conscience. I know he sometimes tries to be but it's his choice, it's not his job. Besides that, he's out of town and this is not a real popular board.

I would guess that it's NOT legal to record the streams but it's also illegal to play MP3's that you can't prove you have the rights for. MJ doesn't ask for them.

If I sound like I'm Mr. Morality, it's only because I couldn't get MJ to record when Rhapsody was active. Sour grapes?

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2002, 03:30:39 pm »

Z,
This is your conscience talking.  Listen close now.

Streaming is different from downloads.  Royalties due are different.  Recording a stream, for this reason, is not intended to be allowed.  For this reason, we don't make it easier, though we could.  

Some day the law will be clear and life will be beautiful.

Jim

C8,
I am not that far out of town, and this is an incredibly popular board.  I don't understand.

Jim

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2002, 01:19:41 pm »

Zevelle, looked at the Hayride archives but the quality is poor and I only want to hear the good clear original recording and not the background noise and applause.
 Down loaded another album, I think it was Fats Dominoe and it turned out to be in concert and very poor quality with crowd noise etc.
deerhunter

zevele10

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2002, 03:27:15 pm »

you are right.
Most of it come from 78 rpm ,even cylendres [?].
Some ,like Presley are just 80% background noise, other are better.
There is work to do on it.
Not sure if there is a market for it.
One day ,the german label BearFamily will put all of it out ,remastered .
....a 20 cds box set at million and a half $ each box set....

I do not know of a place where you can get the stuff you like. only Audiogalaxy would had had it ,but....

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2002, 04:13:22 pm »

Media Center 9 - posts = 750  reads = 5153

EMusic and Other Legal Services - posts = 26 reads = 372  

Third Party Plug-ins and Programs - posts = 55 reads = 477

Plug-in Development - posts = 199  reads = 909

Looks like the LEAST popular board to me.
And only YOU know how far out of town you are.

BTW, Enjoyed "Wolsfeld" immensely. Thanks.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2002, 11:48:24 pm »

JimH

Was ,in a very moking way , saying that many legal programs give a way to do illegal things.
MJ ,MM,Real,PowerAmp have a recorder you can set to Mixer.
You cannot record the MM radio with MM recorder ,but you can use MJ recorder.
And if a MJ radio, it would be the opposite......

I know you can made recording more easy- but ,by the way you are at the level of PowerAmp,concerning  easy recording-
Means you are one of the 2 best recorder in an jukebox program , and -of cause- by far...

You can make an automatic volume setting if you want make it easy.
Like TotalRecorder : press start ..et voila!
TotalRecorder does not work with Rapshody , so i used PowerAmp and MC9 to do it.
The best result is with MC 9 ,i can tell you

This is your conscience talking

You know that in this field i do not have a conscience.
So since long i use TotalRecorder -and many others programs to get other kind of stream. I ripped hours and hours from my week on Rapshody.

Now ,let me tell you something:
This last 2 weeks, i bought more than 20 records. I mean new ,not second hand  and there is 5 double cds in it.

I will not give you the list ,but only 2 .
I bought all  the Pretty Things ,german indee edition,digipack ,ton of extra tracks.
If you go out ,you may find millions of re-edition of Pretty Things records. And was even more million editions out since this last 30 years.
ONLY NOW ,with the label Snapper US/UK and Repertoire Germany ,so ONLY NOW the band get some money from the reedition.

The second is even more dramatic: i brought the first Small Faces ,stereo ,mono ,extra tracks.

Let me tell you that if you can find millions Pretty Things albums ,you can find  even more Smal Faces ones.
In case you do not know ,the Small Faces bassist was Ronnie Lane. In the 70's he had multiple sclerosis.
When at the same was Small Faces reeditions in all shops,he had to get money from benefit concerts and funds started by friends to have money for his medical bills.

Because the band NEVER got a $ from all this records.
It took them 10 years in court to win some royalties.
But it was to late for  Ronnie Lane...

And you want me to have  a conscience ??

the only one i can have is the mach.. g.. one ,in all honesty

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2002, 03:30:16 pm »

It IS hard to work up any "Sympathy for the Recording Industry" (which is a label that EMusic carries a lot of stuff of) due to their past, present and supposedly future lack of any sympathy for the artists that they purport to be protecting. Small Faces are not the only popular band that got ripped off by them.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up