INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glissando 0.5.2a not showing cover art in MC9  (Read 3288 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Glissando 0.5.2a not showing cover art in MC9
« on: June 15, 2003, 04:39:45 pm »

I have just downloaded and installed trial versions of Media Center 9.0.180 and Glissando 0.5.2a. I did not install the Glissando version of "int_webremote.dll". The postings on the AVS forum indicate that MC9 doesn't need this "dll" file to work with Glissando. Under MC9's "Options/Startup Settings", I checked off "Run Remote Server on port" and inserted port 8080.

I am not sure if Glissando is supposed to work correctly with MC9, as the Glissando "Readme.txt" file only talks about MJ (Media Jukebox). Anyway, it seems to work pretty well with MC9 except for one thing ( an important thing for me) - Glissando will not display the cover art of the mp3 files playing in MC9. I have added all my cover art into MC9 for all my MP3's and MC9 displays the cover art perfectly. So my question is: can Glissando display the cover art in MC9?

I might also add, when I click on the Glissando window which is supposed to display the cover art, I can cycle through a few additional things like "notes", "Track Information" and "Lyrics". I get data back for "Track Information."

Finally, I also tried to run MC9's Media Server from the "Tools/More Tools/Media Server" selection, just to see if I could get my cover art to display. I set Media Server to port 8080 and added the Glissando "dll file to MC9's plugin folder. The Glissando config text file remained unchanged with settings of "localhost" and port 8080. I also unchecked "media server" in the "Options/Startup Settings" section. With this configuration, Glissando would not work; and hung on "testing network connection". In case anyone's wondering, I also tried ports 8081 and 8129.

So, can anyone enlighten me on the cover art problem?
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
Re: Glissando 0.5.2a not showing cover art in MC9
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 11:05:17 pm »

I am having the same issue with cover art under Glissando.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

As far as the media server goes, it is a separate chuck from web remote.  Web remote is the back end to Glissando and other HTML  / XML based interfaces, while Web Server generates streams sort of like an Internet Radio station out to the Internet or LAN if you want.

Please help.

Thanks.

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 07:28:47 am »

Rizlaw,
Just to further clarify what JohnP was saying, in MJ8 and prior, Media Server allows you to access your media librarary from a separate computer, either from within a home network, or on a computer that is connected to the internet, provided the "host" computer is also connected to the internet, via MJ8, which serves as a sort of Client software.  Web Remote, in version MJ8 and prior,  was a plug-in that allowed third party  apps (Net Remote, and Glissando) to connect to a media Library without the "client" loaded on the machine you are using.  The major difference was that Media Server plays the music on the machine you are sitting at, and Web Remote controlled the music that was playing on the machine that stored the music.

At this point the names used to describe the two separate pieces of functionality gets a little confusing.  In MC9, Media Server (same name as before) provides the same functionality as in previous versions of MJ.  It "serves" the media to another machine.  Web Server (new name to MC9) (Same functionality as Web Remote) was incorporated into the base functionality of MC9.  This occured in the later beta versions of MC9.  The functionality of the Web Remote Plug-in from MJ8, which was incorporated into the Remote Server Functionality of MC9, did not change, with the exception of some settings in the options page.

Zigguratt, who wrote Glissando, has been working on a new version of the software to access the Remote Server software, and has not been that active on these boards in recent months, (at least to my knowledge).  I am pretty sure that a new version of Glissando has not been released since the change to the Remote Server software.  If you do a search for Web Remote, or Remote Server, you will probably be able to find out all the details of the switch, but at this point, I am not sure when or if a new version will be released.

I use Glissando for my home system, but have not updated my Desktop to MC9 yet, as I have not tested the Glissando functionality so I don't want to update until I am sure I can use that interface.  I will try and do that in the next couple of weeks, and get back to you about my success with the cover art, as that is one reason I use it also.  Also, maybe we will hear from Zigguratt to see what the status of the next version of Glissando is.

Thanks

Drew

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 10:34:30 am »

Well I have been playing around and found a few things out.  

First you need to have an updated remoteserver.dll that Ben Sweet was kind enough to create that keeps the new embedded version of what was "web remote" running nicely and not crashing.  Just download it from netremote.org and replace the one in the Media Center Install directory.  Make sure you uninstall any old web remote plugins and don't use them you will have a variety of problems.

Second, you will need to make sure your cover art is not more than 72 ppi and progressive jpgs to be compatible with flash.

Finally, you will need to make sure you have a good clean install of the latest macromedia flash player.

I did these three things and now cover art works flawlessly with Glissando and the new Music Lobby from Cinemar.

I hope this helps.

JP

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 05:24:11 pm »

Well I have been playing around and found a few things out.  

First you need to have an updated remoteserver.dll that Ben Sweet was kind enough to create that keeps the new embedded version of what was "web remote" running nicely and not crashing.  Just download it from netremote.org and replace the one in the Media Center Install directory.  Make sure you uninstall any old web remote plugins and don't use them you will have a variety of problems.

Second, you will need to make sure your cover art is not more than 72 ppi and progressive jpgs to be compatible with flash.

Finally, you will need to make sure you have a good clean install of the latest macromedia flash player.

I did these three things and now cover art works flawlessly with Glissando and the new Music Lobby from Cinemar.

I hope this helps.

JP

I am confused about your recommendation to get a copy of "remoteserver.dll". I can not find such a file to download on www.netremote.org's download page.

Can you be more specific about where this dll file is located so that I can download it and try your recommendation? Thanks.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS
Pages: [1]   Go Up