INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaJukebox License  (Read 1241 times)

bowers1971

• nothing more to say...
MediaJukebox License
« on: August 16, 2003, 11:08:33 am »

I have used MediaJukebox since version 3 and have upgraded and purchased new licenses when necessary.  I just cleaned off my PC and reinstalled everything (something I do about every month or two because I tend to test a lot of software).  When I re-installed MJ8 this time and tried to activate my license it told me all my restores had been used.  Checking the FAQ, I find that I am required to buy a new license.  I don't think this is right.  If the software was available in a store on a CD and I purchased it that way, the CD Key would always be valid each time I re-installed.  Since I purchased this software over the net, I don't feel this should be any different.  I realize that this may be done to prevent software piracy, but since I have only one PC that this software has ever been used on, I don't feel that the license for the software should expire on that PC and I should be able to re-install it as many times as I wish.  I have no problems re-activating WinXP with MS each time I re-install, this should be the same handled the same way.  I am very reluctant to purchase any other product from JRiver if this is how they treat their loyal customers.  I have recommended MJ to many friends, I doubt that I will do that anymore.

As someone who actually purchases all the software they use, I was wondering how others feel about this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MediaJukebox License
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 11:29:32 am »

Please try it again.  Your restores were cleared.
Pages: [1]   Go Up