INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archos Supprt?  (Read 1676 times)

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Archos Supprt?
« on: January 12, 2003, 09:08:50 pm »

I've owned MJ8 for a while now but just recently got an Archos Recorder, which seems to be a kick arse little box. However, I can't seem to find any way to make MJ8 display it in the "Handhelds" menu. WHat am I missing? Is there a driver file I need to run? I want to be able to send files to it the same way I can to a CD.
Irish guy in San Francisco

dloneranger

• Recent member
Re: Archos Supprt?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 08:55:03 am »

On the Tools menu, select Plug-in manager
open the Handheld section
select Portable Drives
click the Confgure button
change the volume label to JUKEBOX, or whatever the drive label is on your handheld
click ok
exit the plugin manager and your drive should appear in the left panel
karl
Dloneranger

Benjamin0

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 05:20:12 am »

i use Media Center v9.0.100 ( but with the earlier versions it was the same) and i try to synchronise my Archos Multimedia 20G.
I made the things to see my handled in left in Cd, Dvd, & Handhelds ( On the Tools menu, select Plug-in manager,open the Handheld section ,select Portable Drives, click the Confgure button, change the volume label to JUKEBOX, or whatever the drive label is on your handheld,click ok, exit the plugin manager and your drive should appear in the left panel) and it's just call by the letter of the driver H:, is it normal?
Then i put some MP3 files in this folder, when i try to synchronise, i see the first file seems to go to the Handhelds and when this file is over, Media Jukebox stop and quit, with no error message.
When i look in my Archos, i see there is always only the first file and it's complete.

Someone know here is the error? how can i go over the first file?

thanks for your help

Benjamin

kcorbett

• Recent member
  • we wanna make him stay up all night here we go
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 10:06:29 am »

i use Media Center v9.0.100 ( but with the earlier versions it was the same) and i try to synchronise my Archos Multimedia 20G.
I made the things to see my handled in left in Cd, Dvd, & Handhelds ( On the Tools menu, select Plug-in manager,open the Handheld section ,select Portable Drives, click the Confgure button, change the volume label to JUKEBOX, or whatever the drive label is on your handheld,click ok, exit the plugin manager and your drive should appear in the left panel) and it's just call by the letter of the driver H:, is it normal?

Yes I think this is the correct (only) way to get access to the Archos, as a removable hard drive.

Then i put some MP3 files in this folder, when i try to synchronise, i see the first file seems to go to the Handhelds and when this file is over, Media Jukebox stop and quit, with no error message.
When i look in my Archos, i see there is always only the first file and it's complete.

I haven't experimented with synchronize, because I have ~11gb of music files on my Jukebox and I don't want to trash it.

Did you ever get this working? I started a new thread on this topic but no leads yet.

I'm kinda disappointed with the apparent lack of documentation on how the synchronize command works. ?

/kmc
Pages: [1]   Go Up