INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AlbumView 2.0.3.2 is now available  (Read 2354 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
AlbumView 2.0.3.2 is now available
« on: January 04, 2003, 01:16:59 am »

It can be downloaded from the MJ plugins page here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/plugins.pl?type=10&start=0& amp;end=10&page=1

Here's whats new/fixed:

1)  Fixed issue where AV was not picking up the MC9 treeview font.
2)  Fixed issue where changing playing now/album info dropdown was not changing the track info pane.
3)  Now validate wizard filename before going to next page.
4)  Background image loading now runs in the IDLE queue.
5)  DB creation wizard preserve settings option will also preserve artwork associations.
6)  Find facility now has an "options" dropdown that will allow you to quickly configure search filters.
7)  Added library search filters.

dragyn

Re: AlbumView 2.0.3.2 is now available
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 01:26:26 pm »

I haven't been following this plugin lately but I have downloaded this version and I must say, this is some really great work you have done.

Only problem I see so far is when viewing album details, the bottom right window shows the 'note' image for all albums/tracks. I can use either Album or Track Image and it doesn't do anything.

Still a great plugin. I do plan on buying it soon.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 05:17:43 pm »

When using a large font, the list view could cut off the bottom text (just a little bit) since there is no height adjustment available. I assume it doing an auto-size.

I made a smartlist (Albums): -[Image File]="" so that it would only show files with an image. This returns (in my collection) 587 files. When starting AV and using playlist="Albums" for inclusion, I get this:

Performing an MJ search - playlist="Albums"
Entries in MJ database - 987

I also noticed it was importing APE files (I mainly have APL files with cover art). There are no APE files in the smartlist.

A request I have is to have the ability to close the toolbars. I'm running this on a 640X480 res and they are taking up too much space. If I have the MC tree view showing, then it's taking almost half the screen alone.

I'm using 9.0.88 and XP

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 11:38:01 pm »

Only problem I see so far is when viewing album details, the bottom right window shows the 'note' image for all albums/tracks. I can use either Album or Track Image and it doesn't do anything.

If the left hand window is set to "Playing Now (Synchronized)" then the right hand pane only shows the information from the currently playing track.   Click on the dropdown and choose "Album Overview" or "Album Tracks" and now when you click on an album in the list the bottom right hand window should display the appropriate information.

When using a large font, the list view could cut off the bottom text (just a little bit) since there is no height adjustment available. I assume it doing an auto-size.

Can you post a screenshot and tell me the font name/size please as it works fine here.

I made a smartlist (Albums): -[Image File]="" so that it would only show files with an image. This returns (in my collection) 587 files. When starting AV and using playlist="Albums" for inclusion, I get this:

Performing an MJ search - playlist="Albums"
Entries in MJ database - 987

I also noticed it was importing APE files (I mainly have APL files with cover art). There are no APE files in the smartlist.

That's an MC9 issue as I just pass the text to the MJAutomation Search function and it gives me back a list of qualifying tracks.

A request I have is to have the ability to close the toolbars. I'm running this on a 640X480 res and they are taking up too much space. If I have the MC tree view showing, then it's taking almost half the screen alone.

I will add an option to do this.

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 05:52:24 pm »

>Click on the dropdown and choose "Album Overview" or "Album Tracks" and now when you click on an album in the list the bottom right hand window should display the appropriate information.

Still shows the note image (on every file). The main view shows the correct image.

>tell me the font name/size please
Franklin Gothic Medium Cond 14 is one of them.

>I will add an option to do this.
cool!   8)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 05:03:20 am »

Moving this here because it's more appropriate here than in the MJ bug thread. :P

Doof, out of interest what problems were you having with AV?

Can I presume they weren't specific to AV as you haven't reported an issue?

Basically, my library is a mess right now. I don't know if you caught it, but I accidentally deleted everything and had to use a data recovery program to get it all back. Well, as it turns out, my hard drive also had some serious problems and a lot of my files were messed up in the process. I'm still trying to straighten things out.

Anyway, because of this, AV has problems with a lot of my files, mainly due to invalid links to coverart. Everytime I fire AC up, it complains about these invalid links. I can check the box to not bother me about it again this session, but the next time I fire it up, it starts all over again. Wouldn't it be better to just mark these files with a custom graphic that lets us know there is a broken link, rather than inform us about every file every time AV starts?

I also noticed (and this is really minor) that after installing AV, all of MC's dialog boxes started displaying that little graphic that you're using in as your options toolbar button... the four color, in a diamond shape, one. It was being displayed in the upperleft corner of the dialog boxes (actually, I can't say all as I'm not positive it was all, but it was definitely on the delete file confirmation box).

Well, because of the problems I was experiencing with the coverart link, I decided to uninstall until I got my library problems fixed. After doing that, MC started crashing for no apparent reason, just during playback. I'm not sure if that was related to AV (MC is a beta after all), but the timing was rather coincidental, and if there's one thing I've found with computers, things like that are rarely coincidental.

So anyway, that's what ultimately prompted the uninstall of MC.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2003, 05:17:43 am »

Hi Doof,

Anyway, because of this, AV has problems with a lot of my files, mainly due to invalid links to coverart. Everytime I fire AC up, it complains about these invalid links. I can check the box to not bother me about it again this session, but the next time I fire it up, it starts all over again. Wouldn't it be better to just mark these files with a custom graphic that lets us know there is a broken link, rather than inform us about every file every time AV starts?

I think it's more appropriate that an error box appears when something is fundamentally is wrong with your db ... it's so easy to miss a little icon.

I also noticed (and this is really minor) that after installing AV, all of MC's dialog boxes started displaying that little graphic that you're using in as your options toolbar button... the four color, in a diamond shape, one. It was being displayed in the upperleft corner of the dialog boxes (actually, I can't say all as I'm not positive it was all, but it was definitely on the delete file confirmation box).

When I hit the delete button in MC the "Confirm Action" box appears with no icon.

Can you tell me exactly where you see it.

Well, because of the problems I was experiencing with the coverart link, I decided to uninstall until I got my library problems fixed. After doing that, MC started crashing for no apparent reason, just during playback. I'm not sure if that was related to AV (MC is a beta after all), but the timing was rather coincidental, and if there's one thing I've found with computers, things like that are rarely coincidental.

AV is read-only unless you told it otherwise (e.g. performed an artwork update and told it to update the MJ tracks) ... but even then it's just using the published SDK to update the MC database so it's definately an MC issue you hit and not an AV one.

Have you rebuilt your db and tried AV on that?

nila

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2003, 08:06:09 am »

Hey Rhino,

I want to use your 'extract cover art' feature to update a LOT of my albums in MJ.

Most of my images keep the same naming format as the album they are associated with, which itself however changes from album to album and I do not want to re-name these files.

I therefore want to use this feature to simply update all my MJ image file links.

I basically want to do this as the naming format:

<albumPath>/<imageFileName>

and was wondering if it's possible?

Also, I was wondering, does this tool move and then rename the file to the format mentioned or does it copy it and rename it. If it copies it then I might try using the <albumpath>/Folder.jpg  trick. if it moves it then I want the filenames to stay the same.

How about maybe making a checkbox to make it optional between copying or moving the file?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2003, 08:36:46 am »

Nila,

The extract cover art just copies the existing artwork associated with an album to the specified location.

For example I used it to copy all my artwork that I had in my MJ/C cover art directory (and some internal images too) to <albumPath>/Folder.jpg so that XP could see it.

I decided not to include an option to remove the existing artwork after the copy as I didn't want people to do the move then realise they made a naming mistake and the original artwork (filename) was lost.

To force MJ/C to use the artwork that AV uses select the albums, right-click and choose Update/Advanced/Artwork, click on enable then "Update the Media Jukebox tracks to point to this image" then press the "Perform All Updates" button.

Note I do not advise using this while MC is in beta.

nila

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2003, 09:34:57 am »

Cool,
Nice to know it copies it instead of moves it.

Is there any way of doing:

<AlbumPath>/<fileName>
so that it keeps the original filename but copies it to the album location and updates MJ?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2003, 09:39:00 am »

No ... because filename makes no sense when you have grouped together x number of tracks into an "album".

As the dialog says right-click in the field to see a list of supported tokens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up