INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Plugin] - AlbumView 2.0 Updated  (Read 7868 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
[Plugin] - AlbumView 2.0 Updated
« on: October 19, 2002, 10:21:23 am »

I have updated v2.0 with the following fixes/enhancements:

Fixed issue where double-clicking on an album's track was playing the next item.
Fixed issue where overview screen was not handling inline sorting properly.
Playlists and Extract/Copy Artwork screens now remember settings.
Fixed issue where saving listview contents was sometimes not working
Playlists and Extract/Copy Artwork screens now creates the destination folder if necessary.
Added View popup menu option to listview menu ... allows switching of panes.
Decreased the image spacing to fit more graphics in.
Implemented flicker free drawing.
Saving listview contents now saves headings as well as data.
Added right-mouse menu support to log pane's listview.
Added saving and report view to overview screen.

Also I have reset the 14 day trial so anyone installing this version after installing a previous version will get a new trial.

The software can be found here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/plugins.pl?type=10&start=0&end=10&page=1

sekim

Re: [Plugin] - AlbumView 2.0 Updated
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 03:25:44 am »

Rhino,

Tried the plugin again. Works great. One curious side effect though. The icon for the ripping window went from  MJ's mini jukebox to your four color one. Has this happened on your machine as well?

sekim

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 05:15:38 am »

Nevermind. A re-start cured this.

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 08:57:06 am »

Is the full version a downloadable product or a link to it like the demo?

Cheers

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2002, 09:11:00 am »

The verion you install is the full version except that certain items are disabled and the software will expire after 14 days.

Check the README file for more details.

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2002, 11:38:09 am »

Hi Rhino.
I like your plugin very much (and have registered it of course...). Now, while I am working to everything setup for my system, I found an Album, having only one (1) track, which I would like to include in my AV List. I have setup that a minimum of 2 tracks are required to show the Album in AV. Is there any way to include the 1 track album - as an exception or whatever?
Thanks a lot for your good work!
- Pietro  8)

nila

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 03:22:15 pm »

Rhino :)
When you create the update button to update the db from MJ. Could you give an option that any new albums are automatically added to the 'new' section with the dates set to the date they are detected.
This would make the 'new' feature work automatically without any use from us.

Also with an option in the options window to set an expiry date for albums so that they automatically drop out of the 'new' section after X weeks.

nila

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2002, 01:10:58 am »

oh yeah, and could the 'search' box be set to include year as an optional search field. then I could do:
2002 hip-hop
to get all my hip hop albums.

Amendment:
hmm, just tried "hip-hop " with the space after it so I could start doing more advanced searches - I was gonna do hip-hop then someone's name to test if I could do multiple searches.

Right now this doesn't work.
Any chance of re-working the code to allow for more advanced searches.

Maybe break the search string by each word then look for files that contain all the words, not necessarily together.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2002, 09:47:13 am »

pietro:

No there is no way of currently doing this.   I am in the process of adding an inclusions section in the DB creation wizard to allow this.

Nila:

I have added year as a searchable field.   Also I have added an option to use space as a token separator when searching.

This should give you what you want.

Look for this in the next version.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2002, 10:34:00 am »

pietro:

I have added the inclusions list support and it will be in the build I release tonight.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2002, 11:33:05 am »

Pietro/Nila,

The new version is available from the plugins page.

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2002, 03:10:41 pm »

Hi Rhino.
Thanks a lot for your response and your quick implementation. Unfortunately it seems not to work. Maybe I do something wrong.
I try to include an Album calles "The Hits" from "Joni Mitchell", I use the following text:
---
;
*Joni Mitchell*
*The Hits*
---
(comments removed).
I still tried to use the file w/o the wildcard (*) same result. The Album does not display.
What can I help you (me) to debug this??

Thanks
(and keep up the good work)
Pietro

nila

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2002, 05:52:09 pm »

Thanks Rhino,
Works great.

Can use it to quickly pull up all albums from this year of a specific genre now :)

Would it be hard to add a 'Save Search' button with a little drop down listbox with all our searches in it?
it'd just make it really easy for me to keep searches of like:  hip-hop from this year,  R&b from this year
hip-hop from this decade, etc etc.

Might be a nice little touch :)

If it'd a lot of work dont worry though

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2002, 09:46:15 pm »

Pietro:

I tried it here and it was fine so can you zip up and email me your MediaFiles.JMD file which can be found in the subfolder Data in your MJ installation directory.   My email address is jamie@jdnet.co.uk

Nila:

Something like that may be implemented in the future ... but not now.

JohnC

• Recent member
  • Just Love MJ8!!!    Can't understand MJ9
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2002, 03:40:48 am »

Just to say --Great Job----

Album View just keeps getting better.

Now.  How do I pay????

John C        ?     ?
I believe-
that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something
totally different.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2002, 09:41:02 am »

John,

Check in the About/How To Buy page.   Also the details are in the README but basically you make a $10 (US) payment to sue@jdnet.co.uk via http://www.paypal.com.

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2002, 12:40:20 pm »

Hi Jamie.

Thank you very much for fixing the include bug!!! It's the sort of support I would like to see from big companies. Everything works fine now!

Keep up the good work. Your plugin is worth every single buck we pay for it!

Greetings from G'old Germany!

Thank you and best regards
Pietro

JohnC

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2002, 07:07:54 am »

Hi

I have been updating my album's with rank etc, and found it tedious, to select update/rank, then perhaps update/favourite etc etc.  Would it be possible to just open an update box and change everything all in one go, and then save. Perhaps this is posssible at the moment, and I have missed it somewhere.
Thanks

John
I believe-
totally different.

nila

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2002, 12:25:54 pm »

BUG:
Album Details view - the baloon tips aren't filled with information. They're all empty with just ()'s

Also seem to have gotten an error with my db and so am going to have to delete it so AV can rebuild it to stop it crashing.

Just made me realise, doing loads of work on the ratings etc. would be lost instantly with the db.
Could all the information for the songs be saved into the mp3's themselves possibly??
Maybe MJ's 3 spare fields - re-name them and save your values in them and let the user choose if they want it saved and if so into which of the fields.
That way the data would be less dependant purely on the db.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2002, 09:43:50 pm »

Hi

I have been updating my album's with rank etc, and found it tedious, to select update/rank, then perhaps update/favourite etc etc.  Would it be possible to just open an update box and change everything all in one go, and then save. Perhaps this is posssible at the moment, and I have missed it somewhere.
Thanks

John

John,

I'll look at redesigning that section next week when I get back from my course.

BUG:  
Album Details view - the baloon tips aren't filled with information. They're all empty with just ()'s

Also seem to have gotten an error with my db and so am going to have to delete it so AV can rebuild it to stop it crashing.

Just made me realise, doing loads of work on the ratings etc. would be lost instantly with the db.
Could all the information for the songs be saved into the mp3's themselves possibly??
Maybe MJ's 3 spare fields - re-name them and save your values in them and let the user choose if they want it saved and if so into which of the fields.
That way the data would be less dependant purely on the db.

Nila,

The only time you'd get would be if AV couldn't find the information in the MJ database.   Also I am not going to store my information in the MJ custom fields as a) it would be repeated in every track and more importantly b) someone could change it without me knowing.

JohnC

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2002, 12:13:07 am »

Thanks Rhino

Enjoy your course.    :)

John
I believe-
totally different.

nila

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2002, 02:10:55 am »

Your right Rhino.
I hadn't been on my computer much yesterday and I was just in AV trying to find music to play. After I posted that last night I went into MJ to try to play some music and found that the whole library was empty.
Wasn't anything to do with AV except it still had it's db and MJ had lost it's :)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2002, 08:43:18 am »

Friends,

Just to let you know I have updated the version of AV on the plugins page.

It doesn't contain anything major ... just a fix for the issue where the rebar wasn't sizing properly and to show more information when it encounters an error while trying to load artwork.

Now what do I start on next ... redesign of the update screen to combine all three items ... or preserving the current details when creating a new DB.

Any preferences?

JohnC

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2002, 09:45:09 am »

Re-design the Update Screen Please. Please. Please.

Thanks Rhino        ;)
I believe-
totally different.

Garfunkle

• Recent member
  • That'll always be the dream
Multimedia Key Support
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2002, 11:14:24 am »

I really enjoy the support for multimedia keys, but I find it somewhat unstable. When I push next or previous, MJ will often skip two or three songs. Similarly, sometimes when I hit pause/play it will pause for a second and start playing again.

~ Adam ~

nila

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2002, 02:15:19 pm »

Surely you need to work on preserving the current db details anyway if your going to do the update screen so they'd have to go hand in hand?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2002, 08:55:53 pm »

Nila:

No as the update facility overwrites what's already there.   All this screen will do is bring Update Artwork/Genre/Year into one screen but providing all the same functionality.

Garfunkle:

I have never seen that and I use the MM keys on a daily basis.   Can anyone else confirm the erratic behavious of these keys?

Ilmar2002

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2002, 03:13:00 am »

Hi Folks

(new username, could not login to interact)

I would love to be able to do searches on the Album Details screen. I find I have to jump back and forth between Album Details and Overview - more easily accomplished if there were buttons rather than a drop down menu!

Importing new albums into MJ, means recreating the whole database to get the new ones in. Is there any way that you can get AV to pick up the details directly from the recently imported playlist in MJ as an alternative?

In short this program is breathtaking. Everyone I have shown it to has been instantly impressed. It is like a virtual music library!

Ilmar

nila

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2002, 03:57:29 am »

Rhino - Definitely work on preserving the info then as otherwise it means no one can truely get into AV and using it's features as it would mean loosing all the info the second they try to add new albums to their db.

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2002, 03:06:09 am »

Rhino,
in the very near future I would like to tryout the MJ 9 beta. Do you have any plans to release AV for this MJ version?

Thanks and best regards
- Pietro

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2002, 03:36:54 am »

Hi Ilmar:

I would love to be able to do searches on the Album Details screen.

The problem with that is that the AD screen is designed to represent the artist/album selected within the treeview.   You're not the first person to ask for this though so I may consider changing the AD screen, redesign the overview screen or create a new screen.

I find I have to jump back and forth between Album Details and Overview - more easily accomplished if there were buttons rather than a drop down menu!

The problem with buttons is that it's not extensible.   I already have some ideas for other screens.   Unfortunately due to the way MJ is designed (i.e it gobbles up certain keys) I cannot even implement hotkeys to switch between the various panes :(

Importing new albums into MJ, means recreating the whole database to get the new ones in. Is there any way that you can get AV to pick up the details directly from the recently imported playlist in MJ as an alternative?

Once I get 2.0.2.5 out I will begin work on changing the update wizard to preserve the current settings.   But I don't envisage that being completed till the middle of November due to other programming commitments I have made.

In short this program is breathtaking. Everyone I have shown it to has been instantly impressed. It is like a virtual music library!

Thank you!

pietro:

in the very near future I would like to tryout the MJ 9 beta. Do you have any plans to release AV for this MJ version?

I will only look at MJ9 when the development has settled down since I gather the DB interface has changed quite a bit ... but to be honest since MJ9 has supposedly implemented certain AV features I'm not 100% sure if I will undertake the task.   It all depends on a) how much they leave out and b) how good/bad their user interface is.   If it's bad AV will move over.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2002, 07:29:57 am »

Friends,

Just to let you know 2.0.2.5 is available via the plugins page.   This version merges the update artwork/genre/year screens into one dialog.

nila

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2002, 11:45:43 pm »

Rhino,
While your working on the code to enable the db to be 'updated' could you also consider adding some code so that all albums that are worked out to be 'new' albums as in, not in the old db, are automatically added to the 'new albums' with the date of the scan as their date :).

Would just make it that much smoother and more automated :)

How's it coming by the way?

And how's the X-Box? Almost there or still need a few more before you can get it?

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2002, 12:06:47 am »

Hi Nila,

I'll add it as an option to the wizard.

I haven't started coding this yet as I am doing other stuff.   I recon it will only take me 5 hrs to do ... but it's just a matter of finding that time :(

I just need a few more orders then I can get one then the real fun will begin.   I will be hacking it to convert it to a Linux box and put UT2003 server on it ... not a bad server for £130 :D

nila

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2002, 04:07:38 am »

LOL.

Sounds pretty full on. And there I was thinking you were buying it purely to play games on. Poor naive innocent me :)

Once you get hold of that thing AV is gonna be forgotten about for a while :)

Games tend to do that.

One question I had - If I select all my albums and do the update, then select - most common field - for genre, year
Will it update all my albums and set all the tracks in each album to match or will it look at all the albums as one item and choose the most common genre, year.

Just wanted to double check before I hit my whole collection and risk messing it up :)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2002, 04:19:08 am »

It will go thru each album in turn and update the entry based on the tracks within the album only.

If/when I get an xbox AV won't be forgotten about as I am planning to write a cross platform sockets interface layer (or CORBA broker I haven't decided yet) to the MJ COM interface.

Then I may give AV on Linux a bash.   The only sticky bit I forsee is playback but I'll probably cheat and just xfer the MP3 file from the server to the local machine and play it locally.

Having an MJ interface layer opens up all sorts of possabilities.   The biggest being that you'd no longer be constrained to writing an Interface plugin within MJ!

For example imagine AV within Windows Explorer as a shell extension :D

Still I've got to get this other program out the way before I start on the fun stuff :(

nila

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2002, 05:17:14 am »

and it's official, he's gone bonkers :)

Just dont forget to update it so that it doesn't loose our settings with each update otherwise the whole thing is pointless :).

Good luck with your plans for world domination :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up