INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ Fields Plugin  (Read 1593 times)

nila

MJ Fields Plugin
« on: October 15, 2002, 05:19:51 pm »

Just an idea,
If any of you are bored one day and want to kill some time, what would be REALLY nice is a plugin to allow fields to be manipulated.
Like the ability to swap information in fields, to copy info from one field to another, to multiply info in a field, to insert a string at the beginning or end of a field etc.

Basically a plug-in to just give us power over switching and swapping fields.

An example of where this would be really useful:
I personally find the 1-5 rating system of MJ too limited and so am considering using one of the custom fields so I can do 1-100. I dont want to manually sit there and copy all the numbers accross and multiply each one by 20 before saving them into the custom field.

Or I'd like to fill the 'Artist Album' field automatically from the artist and album field of each song.

I'd also like to create a custom field that was filled with: 'Artist - Album - Year' and then use this to give me a lot of info about my albums in a view scheme, it'd give a great view scheme.

Basically the plugin would let people do all kinds of things like that.

If any of you have free time and want a project I think this would be a pretty useful one.

I remember mouseman a while back was asking me for ideas on a project to build. - Here's one :)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MJ Fields Plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 11:37:09 am »

>> Basically a plug-in to just give us power over
>> switching and swapping fields.
i guess you did not see my new program i am working on.

as far as having the program create fields, we are still waiting for MJ9 SDK to be released.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 12:38:14 pm »

I haven't seen it but if it allows us to do this then I'd be happy.
It doesn't have to create fields, it can save them to the ones already existing (ie custom1 custom2 etc).

Here's what I want it to do:
Take say the artist field, album field, and year field and put this together into one string of my own design, maybe:  artist - album - year
and then save this into a field of my choice.
This would give me such amazing view scheme's with soooo much info in them it'd be amazing.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 02:52:14 pm »

well i will put that in there when the MJSDK allows that, right now for MJ9 it is a work in progress.

but i should have some more time to work on my program this weekend but some of the tings you want done it already does.

Listening to: 'Frenesi' from 'The Best Of Artie Shaw' by 'Artie Shaw' on Media Jukebox

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up