INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCIO plugin.  (Read 1742 times)

Igork

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MCIO plugin.
« on: September 02, 2003, 01:52:48 am »

Could somebody tell me please where I can find the Media Center inside-out plugin. I was not able to find any http references to it using search in this forum. I found one while searching the web, however it is quite old version, from December of last year. Is it most current version or I could download a newer one somewhere on the web? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
Re: MCIO plugin.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 07:53:19 pm »

Hello.

The MCIO plugin was developed by JHC (Jonathan).  The December 2002 version you have is the most current version (or, at least it was a few weeks ago when I asked JHC).  It generally should not need to change whenever JRiver adds new Automation interfaces.

It is a great plugin - I use it all the time to access MC via JavaScripted web pages controled by Girder for on-screen menus via IR remote control.  However, as of MC 9.1.240, you no longer need MCIO to control MediaCenter from out-of-process, but you can do it directly under the Automation name "MediaJukebox Application".  In my experience, however, MCIO is about twice as fast as accessing directly (but why?).

Regards,
Soundman
Pages: [1]   Go Up