INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SDK question / request  (Read 2228 times)

dreicher

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
SDK question / request
« on: July 23, 2003, 10:59:29 am »

I'm building an automation plug-in for remotely controlling MC via sockets. The only way I can control zone volume levels independently is via DSP Studio's preamp output; however, the current MJMixer setup does not work with the "current" zone - only zone 1.

I would like to be able to control the zone's entire eq; however, I'll take access to just the preamp (band0) being tied to the currently active zone in the MixerAutomation.

Plus, the window title of the DSP does not reflect the actual zone name. In MC, it might be Living Room - but the DSP title says: (zone 2). If that corresponded, maybe I could build a workaround via Window Messages.

Is this in the works at all? Am I missing something (quite possible)? Am I the only one.

Also, is there any way to expose the PeakLevel to the MixerAutomation - so that can be read and acted on?

Thanks,
Dan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: SDK question / request
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 11:09:59 am »

In the next build:

Changed: MJMixerAutomation now loads / saves settings for current zone instead of zone 0.

Hopefully it'll help.  In the future we may make zone-specific volume control work.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dreicher

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 11:21:18 am »

Matt,

You're the man! You know my next question, right? When's the next build?

Dan

WickedEwok

• Recent member
  • Software Architect
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 10:16:11 am »

Obviously I'm pretty excited for this, also.

Obviously full zone control (via a CMJZoneAutomation object or something) is the holy grail here, so that you can control more than one zone simultaneously. Right now you cannot have two control devices each controlling their own zone.

dreicher

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 10:37:00 am »

Ben, how's it going?

While we're here - how about I throw this out:

What are the possibilities of zone mirror/zone synching. For instance, a checkbox in Zone 2, Zone 3, etc. that allows me to duplicate Zone 1 output in those zones. If I want to feed the same stream to the Family Room, Kitchen and Basement - I just have to turn on Zone 1 mirroring - or I can turn it off and control those zones playlist/output independently.

That would be nirvana!

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up