INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Plugin  (Read 2152 times)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
DSP Plugin
« on: June 24, 2003, 12:46:45 am »

Hello,

I am very interested in creating a DSP plugin that could act as a cross over, so that I could bi-amp my speakers w/o needing any other hardware.  

Later, I would like to add room correction options to this.

Has this been done?  Is this something that is doable given the MC DSP plugin interface?  i.e. I'd like to have 2 or 3 outputs for each channel.

I've downloaded the DSP Plugin SDK, and am looking through it.  Are there any other places that I should look for information on this?

Thanks
kiwi

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DSP Plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 01:10:23 pm »

The current DSP plugin architecture doesn't allow the format (# channels, sample rate, etc.) to be changed.

The SDK may be expanded to include this in the future.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kiwi

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 04:01:11 pm »

Glad to find that out.  I'd be really interested in writing a plug (or two plug-ins).

1) Room/Speaker Correction
2) Active Crossover

I guess the first can be done now, but the latter will take an update to the DSP SDK.  

Please let me know if that every happens.

Is the current DSP SDK updated for 9.x?  Will the plugins work with 9.1? or should I use 9.0?  

I noticed that the DSP SDK was built using Visual Studio 7.0, is it a problem using VS 6.0?  I have mostly done programming in Unix & Embedded DSP, so am just starting to get into the windows side of things.  

Thanks,
kiwi

kiwi

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 04:06:24 pm »

I also noticed that your "Output Format" DSP Plugin has options for converting the output to multiple channels and to higher sampling rates, is it possible to apply that plugin before a plugin that I would create?

My thought would be to convert the output to 4 channel output and then have 2 right channels, and 2 left channels.  Then perform filtering highpass/lowpass on each of the channels.

Could that work?

I could eventually upsample to 88.2KHz or with that output filter before working with the data.

kiwi
Pages: [1]   Go Up