INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting the number MC associates with thumbs  (Read 1246 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Getting the number MC associates with thumbs
« on: April 23, 2003, 02:08:08 am »

Matt or anyone,
Is it possible to find out the number that MC associates to a thumbnail on a per file basis.  I was thinkihng of writing a plug in that would allow changing of the thumbnail for videos so that if the first frame is a blank frame we can at least have a pic of the video in the thumbnailrather than just black.  If I could find out number thumb was associated to the file I could then simply replace that thumb with the one the user selected.

Thanks in advance for any help and if this could be added to MC proper so much the better,

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Getting the number MC associates with thumbs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 01:19:58 pm »

It's the ID of the file in the database, but it's sort of a non-future-proof hack to assume it always will work like it does now.

However, now that you can pause MC and do this manually (under XP), is there any need for a plugin?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

Re: Getting the number MC associates with thumbs
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 04:26:38 am »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.  I actually posted this just before the build was released that added the function.  You are right that there is no need now ;D

I shall have to find something else to do now for my first plugin ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up