INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source code example for web remote  (Read 1747 times)

datapace

Source code example for web remote
« on: January 21, 2003, 04:29:12 am »

Can anbody affiliated with J River update the source download for webremote (http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/developers.html) with the version on the plugins download page?

Having the binary dll is nice, but I'd really like to be able to take a look at the source code for this version.

If no one can update it, does anyone know where I can download it from?

I'm going to write a generic XML interface, similar to what glissand uses.

Thanks,

-bryan mattern
bm@datapace.com

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Re: Source code example for web remote
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 12:57:42 pm »

Bryan,

Benjamin Sweet<bsweet@webwingnut.org> is in charge of the plug-in development. Please contact him if you need source code for Web Remote plug-in.

Nikolay

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 05:37:56 pm »

Please keep us posted on any web remote style socket server....

Also although I may be barking up the wrong tree having the hairstyle XML system now may give you easy direct access to the XML interface you desire...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

datapace

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 07:08:06 pm »

Well, I've tried to contact Benjamin twice now and have received no response.  It's kind of hampering my progress, and I'd really hate to waste time coding functionality into the DLL I know is already there from the base example on the plugins website.

Oh well, maybe someday the author(s) of Glissando or netremote will make the source available for download.

Thanks for the post,

-bryan

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 07:59:01 pm »

Try contacting Ben through the Username Wicked Ewok on AVS or other PM... Also scan the netremote pages for an alternative email...

Its worth mentioning though that I was told by another that communication with Ben was tough to get and keep... Perhaps JRiver should also maintain an up to date copy as it directly effects MC...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

WickedEwok

• Recent member
  • Software Architect
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 11:51:40 am »

My apologies Bryan.

You've got mail (with source code attached).

I believe Matt and Nikolay also have the correct version, although I seem to keep making a few tweaks here and there to keep it stable with the way I'm using it in NetRemote.

I am probably the hardest person to keep communication up with. I apologize for that. It seems there is -always- something going on keeping me from taking care of my priorities.

An email that started with "Don't file this to respond to later, respond now" would probably get my attention. :)

Anyway, if you could keep me in the loop with what you're changing, that would be great for myself and the MJB/MC team, allowing us to have one version that works with all clients.
Pages: [1]   Go Up