INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New WebRemote derivation available for testing  (Read 1399 times)

DavidH

• too  much coffee....
New WebRemote derivation available for testing
« on: January 11, 2003, 01:10:40 pm »

Originally as a service to myself, I asked J River & Benjamin Sweet (the NetRemote developer) for access to the latest source code for their WebRemote.  After doing a bit of customization, I've begun to see this may be valuable to others so I'm making it available for testing.  The main changes I've made are:

- Added a "Search" option from the home page. This allows you to use Media Jukebox keywords to search into your library
- Shortcut links to all home page functions in the upper right corner of every page
- Added actions to the "Playing Now" page to move tracks up, down, and remove them from the list
- Added a little formatting to the various table displays
- Minor UI change to "Controls" page
- Removed "Insert" action, left only "Add"
- Added more fields to "Info" page.  Though this has slowed down this processing a bit.

If anyone is interested in testing this out, send me an email (dhirko1101@hotmail.com) and I can send you the binary.

Regards,
David H

WickedEwok

• Recent member
  • Software Architect
Re: New WebRemote derivation available for testing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 06:37:39 pm »

Hi David,
  I of couse want to combine our efforts when you're at a "stable" point. I have made a few changes to the portion of WebRemote that NetRemote uses, but have left the html almost entirely untouched. Obviously it's in everyone who uses WebRemote's best interests to keep it all in one version.
  Let me know when you're confident to combine our code, and I'll do so and send the results back off to Jim and the gang.
  It certainly would be cool (but I don't have the time right now) to make the WebRemote plugin -plugin- based. That way you could define specific URL's (or base URLs) to be handled by different pieces of code, and it wouldn't be a problem whenever we all want to make a change. Ah. Such is life. Oh well.

Thanks David,
 -Ben

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Re: New WebRemote derivation available for testing
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 05:49:09 pm »

If you drop me the binary I will test its retrospective compatability with Glissando...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up