INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control buttons on a TrackInfo page? How about Windows taskbar?  (Read 1126 times)

Swordsman74

Hi all,
This is a repost from the Interact forum - no one really had an answer for me there, but suggested I try here instead.
Here's a screenshot of my desktop showing the MJ "toolbar" I jury-rigged to display in my Windows taskbar...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/41002112/41003119uFPORF

What you're seeing in my taskbar is an MJ Track Info page I created which is being shown using a javascript window command instead of a regular taskbar location. The javscript is pointing directly to the "generated" track info page in the MJ track info directory.  I had to add a meta tag to the page to make it refresh every few seconds to get updated track data. This is pretty close to exactly what I want - but not quite.
In order for this track info page to update the track data correctly, I have to have a mini-skin running with at least one pixel of the visualization showing. This is for two reasons: first, to handle the commands (play, stop, next, etc). Second, to allow my track info data to refresh. You guys did a great job in programming MJ to not waste resources updating something that isn't being shown on the screen!! Unfortunately, it conflicts with my warped ideas of how to display MJ. If I don't have at minimum one pixel of the track info page displayed in the mini-skin view, that page in my taskbar won't ever show the data for the current playing track.  It will forever remain on the last track that was playing when I did have the track info visualization displayed (at least one pixel of it...).
Based on those two reasons, here are my questions for you all:

1. Could anyone put together an "official" windows toolbar that can do what I'm doing here (display trackinfo page)- but through Windows code instead of a patched-together javascript and HTML mess? I do web development, not C.  If not, how about just the control buttons on a toolbar?  I know someone figured out how to get the multimedia keyboard buttons to work with MJ.  Any chance of adapting or mimicing those commands through buttons on a toolbar?  Or does anyone know of a simple program designed just to create Windows toolbars?
2. If not, can MJ commands be made available to use through HTML/JS calls? Then, I could control MJ play/stop/next/etc through the track info page. This would only be good if there is a way around the code that keeps the track info page from refreshing without a mini-skin visible. If I have to keep a mini-skin up anyway, then the HTML buttons would be redundant.

Any thoughts or ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long, convoluted read!
Thanks!
Matt L.
Pages: [1]   Go Up