INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enhancement Requests  (Read 1061 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Enhancement Requests
« on: April 23, 2002, 10:22:18 am »

Hi Guys,

When you have a few mo's can you have a think about these ideas:

1)  Have an option to *not* to switch contexts when actioning the main MJ treeview via the right mouse button.

For example in my album view plugin I have a synchronize mode where the current playlist is monitored the current track's artwork/album information/artist information/etc is shown (effectivly making it an display plugin).

Unfortunately at the moment when you right/click on the main MJ treeview (e.g. the Top Hits playlist) and choose "play" or "add to playing now" you switch from the current screen to the item you have selected (assuming you have "Jum to Playing Now during playback" disabled).

It would be nice to stay where you were.

2)  Have a CMJInformation interface that allows you to query the current settings.

This is a superset of what Matt suggested before where plugins will have to know about fonts/etc to make themselves fit with the current UI of MJ.

The particular information that I need at the moment is the name of the default image used if there is no artwork for a particular track.

3)  Hold the CD number of a track.

There is a "problem" with my plugin at the moment with multi CD albums.   MJ stores the track number but not the CD number therefore you get all tracks mixed together.  I can personally get around this by sorting the data by filename (My multi CD files are named \ARTIST\ALBUM\CD_CDTOTAL\TRACK NO - TRACK NAME for example D:\My Music\Yes\Tales From Topographic Oceans\01_02\01 - The Revealing Science Of God.mp3) but I doubt others will hold their files like this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up