INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJFileAutomation.GetImageFile(IMAGEFILE_IN_FILE) Question  (Read 1188 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
MJFileAutomation.GetImageFile(IMAGEFILE_IN_FILE) Question
« on: April 19, 2002, 05:48:13 am »

Hi guys,

I have been checking out this function and I would like to know if it always return back the same name on multiple calls?

I think it does but I want to be sure as it's not mentioned in the documentation.

Also I assume that I am responsible for purging it afterwards?

Finally can I make a suggestion that you allow a buffer transfer of the image.

It seems a waste for you to open the file, create a temp file, write out the image, close the file and pass back the filename only for the user to open it and paint it.   Having the ability to pass back the image as a byte array will speed things up.

Rhino.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:MJFileAutomation.GetImageFile(IMAGEFILE_IN_FILE) Question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 07:46:30 am »

Hey Rhino,

It should return the same image each time.  And we have to do the file transfer method because some plugins can't return an image in memory.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the filename returned may be the same for multiple files, so if you don't want it to overwrite the last file, make sure to rename it.

And it's best if you cleanup the files when you're done with them. (especially if you rename them)

Take care.

-Matt

(p.s. we're going to work on that "Terminate" problem once we get the big, ugly, crashy bugs fixed)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RhinoBanga

• Developer
RE:MJFileAutomation.GetImageFile(IMAGEFILE_IN_FILE) Question
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 07:51:00 am »

Thanks for the info Matt.

I just wanted to know how it worked before I start on the internal image file support.

And I'm glad to hear that you haven't forgotten about my terminate issue Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up