INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TIVO And J River - I still lock up  (Read 2792 times)

schafferm

• I'm a llama!
TIVO And J River - I still lock up
« on: January 01, 2004, 10:31:05 pm »

Please help  - I have tried J River, JavaHMO and the normal HMO and randomly TIVO while playing will lock up on a song.  I have oer 900 MP3's sorted into directory by artist - I hear people who have more and don't suffer lock up's requiring a unplug - any help here?

Michael
schaffermk@hotmail.com

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:TIVO And J River - I still lock up
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 11:13:07 am »

Is it the TiVo that's locking up? If so, unfortunately the problem is on the TiVo side and we probably can't help much.

When was the last time the TiVo software was updated? Check your settings and make sure it has access. I know they fixed a few bugs that caused lockups a long time ago, and they may have fixed others.

j

schafferm

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 11:26:51 am »

Yep - it is TIVO that is locking up - randomly on different songs - I've cleaned all my tags and ensured that the mp3's are also clean with no bad frames and yet..... It  hangs!

Any outside help or suggestions would be appreciated.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 12:08:12 pm »

One alternative is hardware failure, this sounds like a fan may be gone. The random crashes could be a piece of hardware (network card, CPU) that is bad, especially if there is a fan missing and it is overheating.

Have you tried long playback of TV or long recording sessions to see if those'll hang it as well? That'd eliminate the network card (meaning it's your TiVo box that is failing).

j

schafferm

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 01:18:31 pm »

Thanks for your response -  The TIVO outside of MP3's is fine - It records for hours and play's for hours without a problem.  It only occurs when playing MP3's - it seems to be timing out on the mp3 request.  I just dont know why and how to fix it

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 02:53:44 pm »

That means it's probably something in the network. Are you using wireless or ethernet? Can you find someone to loan you a replacement network card thingy?

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up