INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.271 available  (Read 6021 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.271 available
« on: October 08, 2003, 07:15:35 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91271.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Fill Properties From Filename wouldn't accept [Ignore] or [] empty tokens. (for ignoring pieces of the filename)
2. Fixed: Searching in "My Computer" view wouldn't work properly.
3. NEW: Introducing new default look "Blue Steel". (amazing work knickelfarz -- thanks!)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
Re: Media Center 9.1.271 available
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 07:28:19 am »

Installed 9.1.270 last night after running 9.1.243 without problems for about a month. Now running into two errors:

1) I have Auto-Play disabled for my CD-RW in the Registry. Start with Audio selected in the Media Library, insert CD to rip. Expand CD, DVD & Handhelds if not already expanded. Click H: drive, see this dialog:

Click OK to dismiss dialog. CD list is current display in list view, but is not populated. Press F5 and list populates - no need to eject and re-insert CD. Happens for each CD regardless of selection in Tree View.

2) Using a combination of selections in Panes, cause over 100 tracks to be listed. Click a track in the list view. Hit Ctrl+A to Select All. Modify Mood field in Tag Info window to change all entries. Warning box about "Long time to update..." is shown. Click OK... but the update is NOT performed. Modify Mood field again, same warning, press OK again, then MC hangs with dialog still showing but no activity noted in Task Manager. Had to stop process with Task Manager. When using 9.1.243 the changes were applied immediately after clicking OK; this was not a problem.

Is it possible to return to 9.1.243 while these problems are being addressed? I made a backup prior to installing 9.1.270.

Media Center Registered 9.1.270 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2518 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive H: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 07:35:01 am »

2) Using a combination of selections in Panes, cause over 100 tracks to be listed. Click a track in the list view. Hit Ctrl+A to Select All. Modify Mood field in Tag Info window to change all entries. Warning box about "Long time to update..." is shown. Click OK... but the update is NOT performed. Modify Mood field again, same warning, press OK again, then MC hangs with dialog still showing but no activity noted in Task Manager. Had to stop process with Task Manager. When using 9.1.243 the changes were applied immediately after clicking OK; this was not a problem.

It doesn't actually save the tag changes until you change selections / views.  That way if you make a bunch of changes to the same files it does less work.

It should show a "Saving tag changes..." dialog while it's working.  Isn't that showing up?

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 07:35:11 am »

The new look is great. For those of you that want to see it click on the thumbnail below to see a screenshot.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 07:40:43 am »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick fix on "Fill props from filename"

I like the new look, Thanks a lot knickelfarz !!
It's great for viewing photos thumbnails with the dark background. :)

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 07:58:13 am »

I think I like the new look.  Haven't seen it in action yet as I am at work :( but the pic looks nice. Regarding the application of changes mentioned above, was wondering if when editing tags using the panes it could return to the old method of applying straight away.  ATM it gets annoying when you are trying to make multiple edits as you have to select all, change one field, unselect to make the changes stick, select all again, change the next field, unselect etc.  I prefer to edit tags in the panes rather than the AW but at the moment it is very click intensive.  I can see how editing in the AW this new method works better.  If we can't change the behaviour then I guess I will have to learn to edit in the AW but editing in the panes is easier in my view...

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 08:22:03 am »

ATM it gets annoying when you are trying to make multiple edits as you have to select all, change one field, unselect to make the changes stick, select all again, change the next field, unselect etc.

Why?  Just make the changes.  MC will always stay synchronized.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 09:04:36 am »

It doesn't actually save the tag changes until you change selections / views.  That way if you make a bunch of changes to the same files it does less work.

It should show a "Saving tag changes..." dialog while it's working.  Isn't that showing up?

It did not, the time it failed. I've tried numerous times to recreate the problem to no avail. It was a particular sequence of a change in the Tag Info window, followed by a click in a Pane, followed by another change in the Tag Info window. If I see it again I'll try to remember the sequence more precisely.

Why?  Just make the changes.  MC will always stay synchronized.

It's hard to explain the desire to make the changes stick "now". Perhaps it's the weird feeling that happens when you've made several edits, then start thinking about something else and click a field... then it starts a big file udpate. With previous versions, I never felt "hindered" when it needed to update a few hundred files for each field change. But now, I *do* feel like the modifation is incomplete... and I also have the desire to click something to "make them stick" as described by NoCodeUK.

Maybe the "takes a long time..." box should tell the user that the update isn't really going to be done when they press OK, that it will be done later. This is where a check-box could allow "perform all updates immediately" (retaining its previous setting). It would be easily found and would clarify the process for the user, regardless of what style they prefer to use. TJMO FWIW

The CD error message is 100% recreatable, though; happy to provide details should you require them.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 09:25:57 am »

The new skin is pretty nice although I doubt I'll use it.  It's just not really my style but it gets tons of points for being very, very easy on the eyes.

"BLUE STEEL?  LA TIGRE?!  THEY'RE THE SAME LOOKS!  HASN'T ANYONE NOTICED THIS?  I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!" - Mugatu
Toast goes in the toaster.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 10:12:07 am »

I think I get it now Matt ;D  I was thiking that I had to sync each change but I guess I can make all changes and then just click off and let MC update...

Sorry for the confusion!!  Wasn't knocking it it just took me a while to get it :)  Thanks for all your hard work...it is testament to how good this program is that that is all I can find to annoy me :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

scarnie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 10:40:31 am »

When I stream through Media Server, some songs do not allow me to seek, whereas others do?  Both files are MP3s...  Strange...?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 11:07:02 am »

Is it just my system or does the mouse scrolling not work correctly anymore? At one point you could just hover your mouse over a pane and the scroll wheel would scroll it. Now I have to click again.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2003, 11:12:53 am »

I am STILL having issues with the TV Tuner and scannning for channels as indicated in this thread:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1065235612

Please let me know if any work is being done on this, or if am stuck using build 9.1.262 (the last version that worked for me) for all time.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2003, 11:18:52 am »

Is it just my system or does the mouse scrolling not work correctly anymore? At one point you could just hover your mouse over a pane and the scroll wheel would scroll it. Now I have to click again.

Works fine here. One problem I did have was that the last played time for a large number of tracks was set to a large negative number of minutes (sorry I didn't note the number). I had to restore a database backup from 2 days ago to get them set correctly. I'll keep an eye on this when I synch my iPod later.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2003, 12:03:23 pm »

I have noticed the same thing. It was a very nice feature while it lasted.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2003, 12:07:34 pm »

re: mouse scrolling
I have noticed the same thing. It was a very nice feature while it lasted.

It works here.

ZRocker

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2003, 12:33:17 pm »

Beware...if your edits include file renaming and you drag-n-drop the same selection to an external program, the drop on the external program will 'see' the new file names (before they have been updated on disk!).  You have to first remove the selection or navigate somewhere else and, then, re-select the files you wanted to drag-n-drop.  Just a friendly 'buyer beware' notice...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2003, 12:43:50 pm »

It works here.

I'm using Logitech mice with the Logitech software installed, both on XP machines (vastly different hardware - other than the mice - although they are different models). I know it's not working on my laptop, I'll check my PC when I get home.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2003, 12:55:33 pm »

Doof,
Can you start a thread on this?

Could it be a plug-in?

Jim

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2003, 02:02:43 pm »

< Addendum >

I changed the Device Setting, unchecking Audio CD "Ask every time". Still failed.

I rebooted the system. MC is now able to read the CD it could not read prior to rebooting. It is now ripping. As it is digital secure mode, it will take a while. I'll report the results of further ripping. Please note the laptop does not have Auto-Play disabled.

<--------->

Following up on my earlier post ("can't get the correct volume information"), I installed 9.1.270 on my laptop. I'm getting the same message on it, but when I press F5, or if I eject and re-insert the CD, I get the same message again. I am not able to rip a CD on the laptop because of this.

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 52 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 66 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Bugs: missing genre, funny mouse activity
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2003, 02:49:23 pm »

Bug #1

When editing Smartlists that select a subset of genres, I've noticed that some genres are missing in the list.

Specifically, I have a genre defined which is "Rock, Japanese" and corresponds to one album. I also have "Pop, Japanese" defined with 6 albums.

The "Rock, Japanese" genre never appears in the genre selection box when editing smartlists.

Bug #2

This only happens in the rightmost pane - basically the mouse acts as if the left button is stuck down over the scroll bar, regardless of where I am in that pane. Scrolling works normally with scroll bars and wheel in the other panes - only in the rightmost pane do I get this behavior. So basically, if I just move the mouse, without holding the button down, the pane scrolls. It keeps doing this even if I click somewere else, click the wheel, etc.

Bug #3

MC doesn't recognize the "scroll" button on IBM thinkpads with the trackpoint. (The "scroll" button is the blue button between the right & left mouse buttons under the keyboard - when pressed it turns the trackpoint into something like a wheel mouse)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2003, 03:14:57 pm »

Doof,
Can you start a thread on this?

Could it be a plug-in?

Jim

It's working fine at home, so it must just be something funky with my work PC.

CarveGybe

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2003, 03:15:50 pm »

9.1.269 - I have 9 Smartlists which I synch to my iPod. The first one (alphabetically) does not show up on my iPod.

To work around this I have included the "All Music" smartlist.

But the logic isn't right here.

[Inicidentally mouse, wheel etc all working fine - WinXP MS optical mouse]

Snuffy2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Got Corn?
Re: Bugs: missing genre, funny mouse activity
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2003, 03:21:49 pm »

Bug #3

MC doesn't recognize the "scroll" button on IBM thinkpads with the trackpoint. (The "scroll" button is the blue button between the right & left mouse buttons under the keyboard - when pressed it turns the trackpoint into something like a wheel mouse)

Confirmed

Omni

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2003, 03:27:44 pm »

It's working fine at home, so it must just be something funky with my work PC.

For what's it's worth, when I first read you original report, I brought MC to the foreground, tried scrolling with the mousewheel, and then thought, "Whoa... he's right.  Doesn't work anymore."  (This was only five or so minutes after installing the program, too.)

The thing is that after[/u] I manually selected the pane, scrolling has been working fine ever since--even after numerous restarts.

I can't explain it, and I can't reproduce it, but since you, Rizlaw, and I have all seen this, it's probably something JRiver should keep an eye out for.

Omni

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2003, 03:40:25 pm »

That MC, it's so hot right now

Diggin Blue Steel...can't wait for Magnum

10-27

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2003, 03:49:29 pm »

...continuing analysis of laptop problem from above

I was able to rip 3 CDs on my laptop. The 2nd-from-last reported an error on one track from Digital Secure. The last CD had no error. Upon inserting the 4th CD, the "can't get correct volume info..." message displayed again. MC is now in the mode where it cannot read a CD.

This time I'll try stopping MC9 and restarting without a reboot. ... That was sufficient to correct the problem; it is now ripping another CD.

There are no plug-ins. I'm using .270 with GreenEyes skin. File location is to a network drive, rather than the hard drive of the laptop. System info included in previous posting.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2003, 04:23:31 pm »

New bug: When using Digital Secure ripping, a dialog is presented showing the error records. If the MC application does not have the focus, the error record dialog is not designated "Always On Top".

So if I'm using another program, get some coffee and come back, even if MC has finished a rip, the application I was using is still on top. If I'm not in Digital Secure mode, the "Ripping Finished" dialog is presented - and it's set to "Always on Top", so it appears no matter what application currently has the focus.

shock

• Recent member
  • I groove in stereo ...
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2003, 04:30:50 pm »

I think I've seen this problem reported before, and if so, it's still happening.

When ripping a multi-artist CD, there's a place a the top fo the window to enter Artist, Album, Genre and Year.  Then there's a data area where you can enter, by track, the Song, Artist, Album, etc.

If you don't put something - anything - in the top artist field, you get the following:

You can put anything in and it'll take it, but if you leave it blank (as is the logical thing to do on a multi-artist CD), it complains.

For a multi-artist album, the top Artist field shouldn't even be available.
shock

shock

• Recent member
  • I groove in stereo ...
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2003, 04:53:06 pm »

Also, even though the Year field is provided in the multi-artist input, after you click Submit, the Year field in the AW remains blank.
shock

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say... other than that MC rocks!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2003, 07:18:30 pm »

The new skin is great looking, all possible compliments to knickelfarz. But is it intended to be the long-term default skin? I've always found PixOS to be an amazingly friendly little view, and I think it makes a good first impression on all different user groups. While Blue Steel is obviously beautifully constructed, perhaps it's not the kind of mild, mellow skin you want as a default.

Also, is there anything that can be done about the white home page when using Blue Steel?

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2003, 09:03:20 pm »

I may have found out why the laptop is behaving as it is. A while ago I posted the fact that, when using Digital Secure, the rip completion dialog doesn't appear on top of all other windows.

My laptop is running only one foreground app: MC9.1.270, per the specs in an earlier posting. Yet I have now observed something five times: the completion dialogs are left behind the MC9 window itself after ripping a CD.

Since I posted the report earlier, I've been conscious of this. Now, I always check the Windows Start menu bar to see if there is a CD Rip instance still running. If so, I bring it to the top, close the error report, and click OK. Ever since I started doing this, I no longer get the error message or the loop that followed it.

FYI I'm writing an APE file to a network hard disk through a PCMCIA 10/100 NIC, so it will take a bit longer to write the APE file than it might under other circumstances.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2003, 10:30:38 pm »

OK, I can reliably reproduce the problem on the laptop.

The first thing that has to happen, is using MC9.1.270 as the only foreground application, get it to hide the Rip completions dialog(s) even though it's the only app. I use Encode While Ripping and direct the file to a mapped drive on a server connected through a 100MHz hub. PC/MCIA NIC on laptop apparently limits throughput to 10Mhz. I think this is important, because I think a file is copied after each track is ripped.

I watched it happen once. The last track reaches completion. The end of rip and error dialogs are presented and drawn, then the MC window is painted over them. The fact the two progress dialogs are still open isn't visible, although you can see it in the Windows Task Bar.

Instead of bringing the Rip dialog(s) to the front, I ran a test. I removed the CD and inserted a new one, as if I simply didn't notice what had happened. This got me into the loop of "eject and re-insert" messages.

So... there is a timing problem when a file's being written to a slow destination, such as a network drive. This results in the MC application window overwriting the Rip Complete dialog(s). If the user doesn't see this and gracefully close the Rip completion dialog, the results of inserting a new CD are unpredictable.

>>> addition >>>   Changing the target drive to the laptop's C: drive made no difference. Sometimes the Rip Finished dialog was on top, sometimes the MC9 app window was on top.

All tests were done using Digital Secure mode. Note that the MC Application Window did not ovewrite the Rip completion dialog(s) in all instances. It is timing-related... perhaps large file sizes in the last track? Just as I was finishing this sentence, it again hid the dialogs after completing a rip. It was The Beatles Past Masters vol. 2, track length 4:19, FWIW.

Specs:

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 52 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 66 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  No burners found.

jleerigby

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2003, 11:23:55 pm »

...Also, is there anything that can be done about the white home page when using Blue Steel?
Yes.  2 things you could do:

1.  Don't bother with it and change MC via Tools>Options>Start Up so it opens somewhere else.

2.  There's a reg hack to point the home page at any HTML page of your choice, be it on your hard drive, network or on the www.  I can't tell you where in the reg it is right now as I don't have access to MC.  Scout around and if you can't find it, post back and I'm sure Jim will enlighten you.

Omni
For what's it's worth, when I first read you original report, I brought MC to the foreground, tried scrolling with the mousewheel, and then thought, "Whoa... he's right....
Just for info, 'He' is in fact a 'She'.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2003, 12:36:41 am »

This has happen before in the old builds before.

After downloading the Lame encoder plugin and installing it, MediaCenter will crash.

I've read that some other people here in the forum have encountered it before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, just love the new look. Looks great. Thanks to JRiver for this fabulous product. Forgot to add also, thanks knickelfaz. :)
Don't Panic!

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2003, 01:39:04 am »

This problem is really messed up. Every track I send to the CD-Burner gets sent twice.

If I send a single file to the CD-Burner and then go to do the burn, the file is listed twice. The Status sections tells me there are two files and the length is exactly 2X the length of the one track. If I delete either track from the CD, both go away. It also never sees the drive as "Ready" even though it is.

Here is the kicker, it only happens when I click the teeny tiny burn CD icon in the extreme lower left corner of the window. Clicking "Burn CD" in the "Action Window" works fine.

jleerigby

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2003, 04:25:45 am »

This problem is really messed up. Every track I send to the CD-Burner gets sent twice.

If I send a single file to the CD-Burner and then go to do the burn, the file is listed twice. The Status sections tells me there are two files and the length is exactly 2X the length of the one track. If I delete either track from the CD, both go away. It also never sees the drive as "Ready" even though it is.

Here is the kicker, it only happens when I click the teeny tiny burn CD icon in the extreme lower left corner of the window. Clicking "Burn CD" in the "Action Window" works fine.

The burn icon on the tool bar = 'Send the selected tracks to the burner and show me the burn window'.

The send to option = 'Send the selected tracks to the burner window'.

You are doing both and that's why the track is listed twice.  If you want to select tracks one by one but not show the burner window until you are done then the easiest way is to display the burn icon in the AW and drag and drop.  To select a whole bunch of files in one go (e.g. an album thumbnail) and go straight to the burner then just select them and hit the toolbar button.

I agree that this aspect of MC is not the most intuitive but once you've worked it out it's very easy to use.  I have not read the help files lately but hopefully there are tips in there similar to what I've said above.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2003, 05:48:08 am »

Hi,

Congrats for the MC9.1 shipping.   ;D

Just a thought, installer's mega-me skin thumbnails are still old.  Update them please when you have time.

Holden

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2003, 06:00:02 am »

Well done, Knicklefarz - I am most happy with your Blue Steel and plan to keep it as my regular skin. It's the best I've seen.
...happy to be among such a great bunch of members. Holden

ZRocker

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2003, 06:03:24 am »

Bug:
1. With MC stopped (not playing), the track position thumb and slider area can be used to drag the MC window around (like clicking on and dragging with the titlebar...same action).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2003, 06:20:59 am »

When editing Smartlists that select a subset of genres, I've noticed that some genres are missing in the list.

Specifically, I have a genre defined which is "Rock, Japanese" and corresponds to one album. I also have "Pop, Japanese" defined with 6 albums.

The "Rock, Japanese" genre never appears in the genre selection box when editing smartlists.

I can't reproduce this.  Be sure to take note of the "Only show items that match other search criteria" checkbox at the bottom.  Could that be the problem?

chaznet

• World Citizen
Re:Media Center 9.1.271 available
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2003, 12:57:20 pm »

The Brushed Metal skin is more pleasing to the eye than the new default, imo..

It would be great if whatever the default skin was had a matching mini-me skin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up