INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag Info  (Read 1225 times)

10sne1

• World Citizen
Tag Info
« on: October 09, 2003, 04:07:42 pm »

I find when trying to change tag info through the drop downs which appear that this does not work intuitively.  It would be easier if the current entry is appearing alphabetically in the list, not at the top of selections.  
For instance I have Robert Palmer and Rober Palmer as artists.  I want to correct the tracks which have the incorrect spelling and get rid of the Rober selection.  I choose the tracks and go to Artist field in the Tag Info File Properties section and a drop down appears.  Now I must scroll down to correct selection.  I'd rather pick the artist this way so there is no variation on spelling or spaces but it would be easier to retype it sometimes.  If the list opened where I start alphabetically it would be easier to go to next choice.  The way it is now the currect entry does not appear in the alphabetical list...only on top.  Is this the way you want it?

This program is just awesome.  Congrats on your progress and finding ways to improve a program which is already quite good!  Why does anyone use anything else?  I can't figure it out.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Tag Info
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 04:15:17 pm »

Right now it shows the entries from the current selection at the top. (select files from 3 albums to see what I mean)

After the divider are items not in the selection.

Maybe if there is only one item in the first part, it should skip that though...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 04:23:07 pm »

You're right -- that is better.

Look for the change next build.

(it'll still work the old way if there is more than one value in the set of selected files)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 05:13:42 pm »

Matt I see what you mean.  I don't remember selecting 3 completely different Albums or Artists and wanting to change them to the same thing, hence use the drop down to select, so I never saw this feature.  If there is more than one selection I can see the logic of putting them at the top, just not sure when that would happen!
Thanks for looking at this.   :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up