INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.275 available  (Read 3982 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.275 available
« on: October 13, 2003, 04:59:38 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91275.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.  If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: If the track number on a CD was edited, then the track was ripped, MC would rip the wrong track number.
2. Fixed: When building filenames (ripping, renaming, etc.) MC would break forward slashes into directory names.
3. Fixed: When changing filenames, drag-n-drop and double-click wouldn't work properly until changing selections. (so tags / filenames were updated)
4. Fixed: Installer / MC could crash on startup in some rare cases. (introduced 9.1.274)
5. Fixed: Right-click > Play would switch views.
6. Fixed: MC would fail to advance tracks while playing audio CDs.
7. Changed: "Saving Database..." show time delay increased to 10 seconds.
8. Changed: Tag Info combobox filling handles selections of blanks and non-blanks better.
9. Changed: Action Window wouldn't switch pages when clicking fast enough to trigger a double-click instead of a click.
10. Changed: When removing internal cover art, it will no longer replace the existing external cover art if it already exists.
11. Fixed: When moving a file and saying "do not overwrite", MC would still update the database.
12. Fixed: Graphical rating column would not work properly when it was positioned as the first column.
13. Fixed: Convert tool would hang if converting to mp3 format and system ran out of disk space.
14. Fixed: Pane in-place editing would apply to the wrong files if a new item was clicked before hitting enter.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Svempa

• Recent member
  • Hepp, how u doin?
Re:Media Center 9.1.275 available
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 05:05:50 pm »

Nice, very nice!

msc3

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 05:29:44 pm »

Installer crash. Error signature:

AppName: installwizard.exe    AppVer: 9.0.117.0   ModName: installwizard.exe
ModVer: 9.0.117.0   Offset: 0001c173

Exception Information

Code:  0xc0000005          Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x000000000000000   Address: 0x000000000041c173

Received same error with 274 Installer.
Maynard
(This space for rent)

MachineHead

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 05:49:38 pm »

Minor pick:

Default skin is kind of fussy when you expand list and cover tree and action window. To get the tree and action window back you have to be very precise where you click the arrows.

This thing is really b i t c h i n' now. Great work guys.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 05:58:43 pm »

if you have a large amount of files in the database (like i have around
40,000 right now with MY OTR files)

you dbl click on edit field.

you do your edit

you hit the down arrow to go to the next file below

MC9 then pops up a "Saving" box

the saving box goes away

but then it kicks you out of edit and you need to dbl click on the field
again to get back in to edit the field your in.

since i have been trying to edit 14,000 OTR files and place the proper tags
in this new feature for large databases has been less than ideal.

I hope something can be done with this

I do think this version is better due to the delay but sometimes the message "saving" still pops up and kicks you out of edit mode.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 06:18:26 pm »

In .274, I did a rename files from properties to include renaming of the folder, but leaving the folder name blank didn't create a folder in the current directory, it did some very strange rename with a \ and now I no longer have a clue where the files are, they seemed to have vanished completely.

Update: Found them, they went to the OS root directory. Would be nice if leaving folder name blank creates the proper folder in the current working directory.

jaysee

• Recent member
  • chowabunga
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 06:53:49 pm »

Bug 1. Media Scheduler drops custom tasks after reboot.

Reproduce: I have set up three periodic tasks in Media Scheduler as follows:

Task 1 - Start MC
6:58am
Start Media Player (Macro)

Task 2 - Play Wakeup Playlist
7:00am
program path: mjextman.exe
Command Line: /Play TREEPATH=Playlists\Mixes\wakeup

Task 3 - Remove all but current song from playlist
7:01am
Program Path: mjextman.exe
Command Line: /Clear DontRemoveCurrent

Tasks 2 and 3 always get dropped after a reboot.

Bug 2. When the playlist above is loaded by Media Scheduler:

Command Line: /Play TREEPATH=Playlists\Mixes\wakeup

MC does not clear out playing now and it does not load the playlist randomly when random is turned on. (this used to work fine on MC 9.0) This behavior also occurs when I double click on a *.m3u file on my computer.

MC 9.1.275 On windows XP Pro (patched)

dragyn

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 06:57:11 pm »

Using the Preset: Limit One Hour, it's not adding enough files to make an hour. Sometimes it's only 8mins. The only thing I have is hiding some files in the view scheme. If there are images, it's even less.

I noticed if I don't have a search criteria in a view scheme and use the limiter, it will display the right files to add up to an hour if it's only music.

8thNote

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 07:15:07 pm »

If MC 9.1.274 was a release version, why didn't it catch this .275 update when checking for updates under the Help menu?

MachineHead

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 07:55:38 pm »

If MC 9.1.274 was a release version, why didn't it catch this .275 update when checking for updates under the Help menu?
They only update the release, or updates, when the latest build is deemed stable. Then it usually becomes the latest release version. But not always. Sometimes the improvements are rather minor and may not be slated for release versions. Policy may change at will however. It is their decision.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 08:58:36 pm »

I do think this version is better due to the delay but sometimes the message "saving" still pops up and kicks you out of edit mode.

I have found this in the past. For me it seems to happen particularly for mp3s if an ID3V2 tag is created or expanded (i.e. the writing the tag does not allow "in place" manipulation of the file).

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 10:24:05 pm »

:D

Excellent build! I've now power-ripped ~20 CDs using both the G: and H: drives. MC has performed flawlessly. The timing of the messages and the window updates now occurs in a "sensible order" that is consistent every time. It feels right. Specifics:

1. Thx for handling the WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK message. It might have made you laugh when you read it, but it's another one of the slick things that make the program feel special when I use it.

2. Thx also for handling blank fields in the Tag Info combo boxes! Last night I felt like I'd lost an important tool. Tonight, I'm truly happy to have it back, and now it's more powerful since I can also blank-out fields using only mouse commands. I didn't realize that would be as useful as it is.

3. As I mentioned, power-ripping now works perfectly.

4. My comment about "Perhaps there is an extra read during Digital Secure?" can be dismissed. Each CD/track can be read at different speeds for many reasons; I apparently ran across a series of slower CDs. Or perhaps you fixed something. :) Either way, I'm getting the rip performance I've come to expect on this PC.

Again tonight, I've been trying to break the software as well as trying to use it. I haven't been able to!!! (limited of course to the areas I use.) I saw from another posting that .274 was a designated release. I sincerely hope you replace it with .275 ASAP, or perhaps a .276 that is even more finely tuned. The sequence and timing of the CD/DVD reads, the table lookups, the YADB lookup, the rip queuing and everything is now *very* disciplined. Regardless of when I do what, MC does sensible things in the right order... often behind the scenes and more quickly. So please register my vote to make this build the release build.

I'd like to bring up the "delayed-write" issue one last time. We know of one known bug from delayed-write that was posted shortly after one of my postings. As I review the MC bug list, I see things that seem related to the delayed-write concept. When I think about the code, I wonder how many places need to check the DelayedWritePending flag and how many are still undiscovered. You've done a *fantastic* job pulling this release together, so please take this suggestion in the positive light I offer it: if there is some magic place in the code where you could have an option to disable Delayed-Write, there would be two benefits. For anal-retentives like me, I can tolerate a few delays in pursuit of perfection. For you... you get a work-around check-box should unforeseen problems develop. If you analyze an error to be related to delayed-write, you could have the user turn it off while you correct the problem, thus relieving many unnecessary headaches and late night programming sessions. FWIW, IMHO, programmer-to-programmer.

Back to my music... and a great version of MC9 to go with it.

JimH, a while ago you were looking for a slogan. Suggestion:

Play everything you love

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 10:58:34 pm »

I've been running into something I haven't reported, because I wasn't able to figure out how to make it happen. I finally captured it:

Click here to load the full screen shots.

I inserted a CD while doing a power-rip. The Action Window appeared as you see it on the left. I clicked the Mood field, then the Mood drop-button, as shown in the center. I selected "Secure", then pressed Enter. After pressing Enter, you can see that the window has changed size and the fields are in new positions.

This may seem trivial. But... if you have TWO fields to change... after you click the first and proceed to the second, when you click it, things move and you end up expanding the wrong field.

I'm glad I could finally catch this. It's hard to describe in words.

ctrevith

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
CD play, button and icon issues latest versions
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 11:28:28 pm »

The new button and icon layout seem strange.  The navigation buttons and the track progress bar seem too large in comparison to the tiny little icons for shuffle, dsp, and continuous play for example.  I preferred them the way they were in the lower left hand corner of the prior version.

Also, I upgraded to 275 in hopes that the CD track advance would work but the player still stops between tracks only now it pops up the message "Volume XXX not found" where XXX is the name of the cd volume.

ac88

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2003, 02:48:59 am »

Nice that an ipod icon is back, but where can we get the 3G ipod icon that was on the earlier builds of 9.1?

Ce.D

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2003, 04:25:07 am »

History:
1. Fixed: If the track number on a CD was edited, then the track was ripped, MC would rip the wrong track number.

Thank you guys ;-)

Checked with .275 and still experiencing those problems:

MC 9.1.269: Search -> bug ?
> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=15921
More precisely, the [Date Modified] search problems

MC 9.1.274: 64kb/s VBR encoded files -> duration/bitrate bug !
> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=15948

MC 9.1.274: Drag 'n drop files from MC to explorer -> "Server Busy" message ?
> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=15973
Is this a bug or shall it be discarded ?
Great piece of soft, guys!

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2003, 06:32:17 am »

Well that's nice, except I'm using Media Center 9.1, not Media Jukebox 8.0 :)

Oh yeah, and what's up with that anyway? I would seriously be the happiest person in the world if I could use MilkDrop in MC.

Ah well,

Scott.

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2003, 08:26:51 am »

Installer crash. Error signature:

AppName: installwizard.exe    AppVer: 9.0.117.0   ModName: installwizard.exe
ModVer: 9.0.117.0   Offset: 0001c173

Exception Information

Code:  0xc0000005          Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x000000000000000   Address: 0x000000000041c173

Received same error with 274 Installer.

Same problem here...but, 274 installed fine (can't install 275 howerver).

dragyn

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 08:29:26 am »

Have you guys tried clearing out your temp folder? Maybe there too much stuff in there.

274 and 275 installed fine just like all the other builds.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 08:56:47 am »

When clicking on an action button in the hairstyle mode, it switches to full screen mode.

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 09:04:28 am »

Have you guys tried clearing out your temp folder? Maybe there too much stuff in there.

274 and 275 installed fine just like all the other builds.

Yep...all clean here...this is the first time in probably 500+ builds of MJ/MC that I have had an installer problem...stuck with 274 for now (I guess).

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2003, 09:05:17 am »

See this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=15985

Basically... if MC considers an album Complete, and then you navigate to its folder from MC's Explorer tree, the album is then tagged Incomplete. This happens whether you navigate there manually, or use MC's Locate function.

Mitigating Factors (not sure if all of these apply):
  • Tracks are APL
  • The full album APE is in the same folder as the APLs
  • Cover art is also in the same folder as the APLs
  • Cover art and full album APE have their Artist and Album tags set to match the APLs
  • Cover art and full album APE are NOT imported into the library

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2003, 10:53:44 am »

I've been seeing this problem since installing 9.1.243 and it's still present in 9.1.275:

This is the result of importing last night's batch run of APE to MP3 conversions. You see how two files have blank data entries and a name derived from the file name? Here's what's in the folder with the MP3 version of the song:

I've seen this under enough different circumstances to feel it is unrelated to programs other than MC, such as McAfee (which runs during the night). If you can tell me what situations could make a filename.mp3.XXXXXX file, perhaps I can help isolate the error further.

Sauzee

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2003, 11:36:07 am »

MC is crashing when I attempt to burn a CD.  Not had this problem before.  I think it is related to ticking DSP options.  Only one I am using is gapless track transistion.

All my no problem burns were done without DSP ticked.  

Windows error message I get is  faulting module  dsp_directx.dll

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2003, 11:47:56 am »

Windows error message I get is  faulting module  dsp_directx.dll

Maybe uninstall dsp_DirectX for the time being.  A bad filter installed on your system will cause that DSP plugin to crash...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up