INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .WAVs tagged for AudioTron create a "pop" when MC converts to WMA  (Read 877 times)

iamjcl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

I have had this problem with MJ 8.xxx up through the latest version of MC 9.

If I rip a CD (with any program - doesn't matter) to .WAVs, then use MC to create a .WMA copy of the .WAV, all is fine.

BUT, If the .WAV has first been tagged (by Audiotron's software "AudioStation" any version)  then the resultant .wma will have a pop or click at the end of the file.  Everytime.  No exceptions.

The workaround I have found is to set the encoder to "external" instead of "wma" and specify the microsoft wma encoder (which is a command line prog. I downloaded from MS).  This setup is a little clunky, but there are no pops.

The only thing I notice is that rarely, and not repeatably, the .WMAs have no tags when created this way.  Normally, and usually, the info in MC for each .WAV is written into the .WMA tags upon creation.  

So, I have to manually check and make sure the .WMAs have the tag info everytime I compress.

Any Ideas on why the Pops etc...?

BTW, using any other program to compress the .wavs (that have been tagged) to .WMA does NOT produce the pop at the end.

- Chris

iamjcl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:.WAVs tagged for AudioTron create a "pop" when MC converts to WMA
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 01:19:46 pm »

No Audiotron users around here ??

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:.WAVs tagged for AudioTron create a "pop" when MC converts to WMA
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 01:28:24 pm »

I downloaded the demo version of Audiostation but it didn't seem to create tagged wav files. I ripped to wav in Audiostation and converted to wma in MC without any pop at the end. I believe the tagging feature may be absent in the demo version. Could you email a small wave file to me that exhibits the problem?

Thanks,
John T.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up