INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now v1.1.0.1  (Read 3432 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Playing Now v1.1.0.1
« on: October 14, 2003, 02:24:25 pm »

Here is a screenshot of an adaptive skin with the Windows XP Blue theme:

Here's the download link:

http://www.mrblobby.ukshells.co.uk/PlayingNow/pn.exe

Here's what's new since v1.1:

1)  Removed PopupOnVideo entry due to MC issues and replaced with ExcludeExtensions entry
2)  Removed UnratedImage and replaced with GraphicalRating flag.
3)  When GraphicalRating is set to True the unset graphic is a darker version of the Image.
4)  Show a hilighted version of the rating icon when the mouse is over it.
5)  Fixed issue where Windows color change detection sometimes didn't work.
6)  Added a "Copy To Clipboard" right-mouse option.
7)  Added a "Save As" right-mouse option.
8)  Added <Application.Name>, <Application.Version>, Application.VersionMajor>, <Application.VersionMinor>, <Application.VersionBuild> tokens

From now on the setup program will always overwrite the supplied skins, so take a copy of the directory containing the skin you want to modify and make you changes there.

sraymond

Re:Playing Now v1.1.0.1
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 04:18:10 pm »

Rhino,

Any reason I'm always promted for a reboot when I install?

Scott-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 05:34:42 pm »

Hmmm... I think I have to go with an earlier comment about the graphical rating. It definitely needs to not set until you actually click. As it is now, it's way too easy to screw up some ratings. Was that how it was in the last version? I hadn't noticed. And now I'm wondering if I might have screwed up some ratings...

I did find a bug though. I disabled the Graphical Rating and then tried the right click rating thing. I right clicked, opened up the rating menu, and then clicked on my desktop to make it go away. It cleared the rating for that song! I would have thought that would just close the menu without making any changes.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 05:38:01 pm »

Oh, and I have one more "bug"/request. For the Application.Name token, can it say "Media Center"? I know you're from England and that it's spelled Centre there, but the official name of the program is Media Center... :P

Or some sort of localization where you can specify the English or American spelling?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 06:39:27 pm »

Oh, and I have one more "bug"/request. For the Application.Name token, can it say "Media Center"? I know you're from England and that it's spelled Centre there, but the official name of the program is Media Center... :P

Or some sort of localization where you can specify the English or American spelling?
Thanks, doof.  I was thinking the same.  The name is Media Center.

Rhino, we promise not to spell pub with two b's.

dragyn

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2003, 10:02:17 pm »

How about things like <ReplayGain> <Peak> <BPM> <Intensity> <Number Plays> <Width> <Height>?

What would be cool is to enter anything and have it show based on MC field properties. That's probably more work than it sounds.

I would also have to agree on the click rating to set. I've done it a couple times now. Hopefully it won't be too hard of a change.

Marko

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2003, 10:05:29 pm »

Rhino,

Any reason I'm always promted for a reboot when I install?

Scott-
You'll be asked for a reboot if MC is running at the time. This is because "playing now.dll" runs with MC, which locks the file, preventing it from being replaced.
If MC is closed at the time, it means something else has locked the file. Hypersnap does this here. If you are having this problem, are not running hypersnap, and would like to know what might be locking the file, try this (21kb) little app.
Extract the contents to their own folder somewhere, read the txt for reassurance, double click "install.bat", right click on playingnow.dll and click on "wholockme ? ..."

Then let us know who :)

sraymond

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 10:18:13 pm »

Thanks Marko!  I appreciate the explanation...

Scott-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 11:13:38 pm »

How about things like <ReplayGain> <Peak> <BPM> <Intensity> <Number Plays> <Width> <Height>?

What would be cool is to enter anything and have it show based on MC field properties. That's probably more work than it sounds.

I would also have to agree on the click rating to set. I've done it a couple times now. Hopefully it won't be too hard of a change.

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the threads for an earlier build that it already does support any MC database field. I think it uses the display name of the field, but in <>... have you tried it?

dragyn

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 12:11:38 am »

I thought I read that too but it's not working.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2003, 12:59:07 am »

Drowbe:

Okay.  My bad...I found it.  Why is it located in the "Windows" directory instead of the plugin directory?  Just wondering...

That's where INI files are supposed to go which heralds back to the good old Windows 3.x days.

Also I'll add to option so you can specify the brightness for the selected/unfilled icon.

Doof:

I'll look at the click to set the graphical rating, I'll get the menu bug sorted and I'll fix the application name :D

Dragyn:

Here's hat it says in Config.INI:

;  You can also use any database field like so:
;
;    <"Width">
;    <"Height">
;

Notice the quotes.

dragyn

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2003, 07:29:12 am »

Sorry Rhino. I should have read the ini file. I just like to look at pictures myself. ;)

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2003, 01:49:57 pm »

how bout a digital time counter on the pop-up

should be able to configure to display time elapsed/remaining through ini.

Does not have to be a time counter, could be a status bar or anything that gives an idea how much of the song is left or elapsed.

Here's 3 possible options....

- (time : elapsed) / (total : time)

- a bar display like a progress bar..with the track time in the center, and it fills up as track advances)

- a circle with the time in the center, circle fills up by quadrant, going anti-clockwise

- no time display ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up