INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you use Media Server?  (Read 981 times)

Steve Bate

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
How do you use Media Server?
« on: October 15, 2003, 07:28:41 am »

I've got MC 9.0 on my HTPC and AVServer and am playing around with the settings prior to completely integrating into MusicLobby.

If I got it right, I rip all of my CD's onto a drive in my AVServer and then start up Media Server.  When I do this at the top of the Media Server window it shows the IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port name and the library is default.

On my HTPC (which communicates quite happily for everything else)I've tried "searching for Media Servers, comes up with nothing and setting it up to get the library using the AVServers IP address and a selection of different ports 80, 8080, 8123 trying to access library "default" all I get is "cannot connect to Media Server"

Am I missing something simple here?

For clarification I've checked that I input the same IP address and port number on both machines.

? ?

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:How do you use Media Server?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 08:21:31 am »

Please switch to 9.1 if you don't mind.

Make sure you have the same version on both PC's.

Try the Help file in the program for details.

Run Media Server on the server PC and make sure it is sharing.  It's in the options for Media Server.

You may have a port conflict.  Try using a different port.  8086, for example.

Steve Bate

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 01:21:53 pm »

Hi Jim,

I upgraded to 9.1 on both machines, made sure AVServer was sharing tried loads of diff ports and the same problem.  I cant do anything with it now as it keeps asking me for a valid entry and then bombs out saying its an ilegal operation.

I can use both PC's perfectly and have MediaLobby MUsicLobby and DVDLobby all working fine, this is the last piece of the puzzle!!

Hope you can help

Rgds
Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 01:34:52 pm »

What's AVServer?

When you say "it keeps asking...", what's "it"?

Steve Bate

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 03:11:22 pm »

Sorry Jim, it's been a long day!!  AVServer is my Audio/Video Server (running Media Server etc)

"it keeps asking" is my HTPC, every time I send the comand to load "default library" it comes up with "cannot connect to media server" but no real option to quit other than keep changing the address, if I try to quit the message "illegal operation" comes up on the HTPC.

Hope this clarifies.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up