INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Window  (Read 1391 times)

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
Action Window
« on: October 18, 2003, 07:56:47 pm »

Can someone please tell me how to bring back the action window once you have closed it.   Is this a bug?  I can't seem to find how to bring is back?  I'm using 9.1.267.

Thanks!

-Cindy ;)

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
Re:Action Window
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 08:49:36 pm »

Did you click the button in its upper-right corner so it shrank, or did you click "Show as a Window" an then closed the window?

I don't remember.  I did this two days ago, and have not been able to bring it back.  I think I opened it as a window and then closed it.

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 10:41:03 pm »

If you have the Action Window undocked and close it (by clicking X) it should automatically redock itself in the tree view. Does it show if you type alt+enter on the keyboard? Can you also still see the tree view? If the tree view is not visible, just click on one of the little arrows that is on the left window border. The other possibility might be that you're using a skin that's not compatible with whichever version of MC you're using.

Rob

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 11:01:04 pm »

If you have the Action Window undocked and close it (by clicking X) it should automatically redock itself in the tree view. Does it show if you type alt+enter on the keyboard? Can you also still see the tree view? If the tree view is not visible, just click on one of the little arrows that is on the left window border. The other possibility might be that you're using a skin that's not compatible with whichever version of MC you're using.

Rob

When I alt+enter on the keyboard, the toolbar for "Tag Info" shows up.  When I click on any icon within that tool bar, it closes again. ?  There has to be a easier way?  This is insane!

I haven't changed my skin.  It's the default PixOS on Window 2000.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 08:19:55 pm »

If you have the Action Window undocked and close it (by clicking X) it should automatically redock itself in the tree view. Does it show if you type alt+enter on the keyboard? Can you also still see the tree view?

Rob

Thanks Rob!

I did the "alt & enter" and the Action toolbar came up, then used the menu icon (right side) and un-checked "show as Window".   And now the action window is back.
It's very confusing.....  I'll never do that again... ::)

MC needs a better way to bring this window back. This "alt & enter" method is lame.

-Cindy

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 09:44:45 pm »

MC needs a better way to bring this window back. This "alt & enter" method is lame.

-Cindy
If you follow what drowbe says:
Okay...I just tried it.  I opened it as a window and then hit the red "X" to close it.  It returned to MC; however it was "hidden".  It became merely a titlebar that says "Action Window" with a few buttons.  The far right button (round and blue, in the PixOS skin), should bring back the action window for you.  IT will become a window again.  You can then right-click over it and uncheck "show as window".

It should work - It works for me anyhow.

However even more, if you right click on the "Title bar" when it is closed - you can toggle the "show as window" state anyway.  

So if you have the action window and right-click the title bar of it and "show as window" you will get a seperate window. If you close this, you will now get just the "title bar" part of the action window showing. You can right-click this and turn off the "show as window" setting and the Action window should appear where it normally is.

Hope this helps!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 10:09:04 pm »

I think there was a bug a while back where an undocked Action Window could hide itself behind the main MC window.

I'd suggest you download the latest build of MC.

The Alt-Enter "trick" is a standard keyboard shortcut to call up the Action Window.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 11:38:50 pm »

I think there was a bug a while back where an undocked Action Window could hide itself behind the main MC window.

I'd suggest you download the latest build of MC.

The Alt-Enter "trick" is a standard keyboard shortcut to call up the Action Window.

I was on the most current version when I lost it.  I then when back to 9.1.267 and still had the problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up