INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 questions from a newbie...  (Read 694 times)

Ric

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
4 questions from a newbie...
« on: October 22, 2003, 03:01:05 am »

Hi,

1. I downloaded iTunes when it came out and after discovering the skipping problem, decided to check out MC9 after reading raves about it at ipodlounge. However, I can’t get it to work with my iPod unless iTunes is uninstalled. If they are both installed when I try to access my iPod I just get an empty dialog with the title “h” and an icon of a red circle with an X going through it. I’m trying 9.1.286. If I uninstall iTunes it works okay, but I’d like to run both for comparison. Is this possible?

2. I also found that syncing with MC9 does indeed fix the skipping problem, but it breaks the alarm clock feature, which works as poorly as it did with the 2.0.1 firmware. Or maybe it didn’t work before because I was using Xplay for syncing. When I sync to iTunes the alarm clock works as pretty much as it should. Will this be fixed in MC9?

3. When browsing a large playlist, is there any way to bring up the genre/artist/album browse windows which are available in the main library view?

4. Are there any plans to implement On The Go Playlist syncing and AAC encoding?

Thanks,
Ric

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:4 questions from a newbie...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 10:20:05 am »

Ric,

In regards to item (1) check out the following thread on iPodLounge...

http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11324

Item 2 - I need to try to implement the alarm clock feature.

Item 3 -  I assume you mean when you are looking at the tunes on iPod. The answer for now is no, but in the future yes.

Item 4 - On the Go playlist - I'll try. AAC ecoding, not sure.

I will close this thread for now. Can you post any further questions in the iPod support thread here......

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16210
Pages: [1]   Go Up