INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hairstyle skin - Stars  (Read 3862 times)

jleerigby

Hairstyle skin - Stars
« on: October 22, 2003, 07:25:10 am »

I was hoping to find some nice hairstyle skins here.  Does anyone have any they would like to share?

jleerigby

Re:Hairstyle skins?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 10:45:27 am »

Well, in the absence of any new hairstyle skins I just did some minor tweaks with the default one to come up with this:

View
Download zip

and a matching track info template:

View
Download zip

The track info template is designed for use with tracks having Lyrics saved.

LisaRCT

Re:Hairstyle skin - Stars
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 04:56:11 pm »

Looks nice . . . but your links for the Hairstyle skin both poin to the screen shot.

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 09:27:25 pm »

Oops.  Sorted now.  

I think this black and white look is great on a large plasma screen.  The plasma has a 4000-1 contrast ratio so shows up the list colors really brightly.  Consequently I changed the list colors to light grey instead of white.  White will look better on a CRT.

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 11:45:34 pm »

Hey Jlee,

I like the look of your screen shot (the track info template) - but when I use the skin the background is blue and the text is a little brighter blue (the same color as the text in your screen shot) - This makes is so I can barely make out the text - anyway to change the colors? Or is the backround (the black space looking one) not loading for some reason?

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 04:23:51 am »

Hey Jlee,

I like the look of your screen shot (the track info template) - but when I use the skin the background is blue and the text is a little brighter blue (the same color as the text in your screen shot) - This makes is so I can barely make out the text - anyway to change the colors? Or is the backround (the black space looking one) not loading for some reason?

Sorry.  The background got...err..mislaid.  Try now.

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 09:44:16 am »

Very Nice   ;)

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 09:53:09 am »

Hey Jlee - working now!  Anyway to show the time remaining - i.e. countdown timer 1:41 of 3:21?  How about throwing the rating in there somewhere (if there is no rating - no show - if there is one - show the number of stars).  I was also wondering if it is possible to have the lyrics scroll?  (I don't think this is possible since I haven't seen it on any other template).  Very nice I like all the features that you have incorporated.

jleerigby

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 11:02:39 am »

Anyway to show the time remaining - i.e. countdown timer 1:41 of 3:21?
I think you would need to put this in a visualisation and insert the vis in the track info template.  I don't know how to do this but someone on this board will know.

How about throwing the rating in there somewhere (if there is no rating - no show - if there is one - show the number of stars)
Don't know about showing the stars but you can show the rating using TRACKINFO_INSERT_RATING.

I was also wondering if it is possible to have the lyrics scroll?  (I don't think this is possible since I haven't seen it on any other template).
That would be another visualisation if that's possible.  This is one I've created to scroll Lyrics:

LyricsVis.mjv
Oops! This Vis points at a background image that is not included in the .zip file.  Until I upload it just edit the vis using visualisation studio and delete the Image section that points at background.jpg.

Very nice I like all the features that you have incorporated.
Thanks.

Surfer_Fox

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 06:39:37 pm »

Love the hairstyle track info page - but "unable to display track info template". Do I need to be running the hairstyle skin in order to use the track info template?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - newbie ?

jleerigby

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 07:54:31 am »

No.  Just download the Track info template .zip file.  Unzip it and put the Stars folder in the Directory with the other Track info templates.  From memory this is C:\Program files\J River\Media Jukebox\Visualisations\Track Info templates.  Have a poke around and you will find it.

Surfer_Fox

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 01:42:43 pm »

No.  Just download the Track info template .zip file.  Unzip it and put the Stars folder in the Directory with the other Track info templates.  From memory this is C:\Program files\J River\Media Jukebox\Visualisations\Track Info templates.  Have a poke around and you will find it.

Many thanks - big help/much appreciated.

jackjack

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003, 09:53:14 am »

I was hoping to find some nice hairstyle skins here.  Does anyone have any they would like to share?

sraymond

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2003, 08:57:48 pm »

Mad,

Will you share?  I'd like to try it out - though 1024x768 is too much for a television (800x600 is the max).

Scott-

sraymond

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 11:16:03 am »

Thanks...  I installed them and really enjoy your work.  Have you considered packaging them and making them available?  While there is currently no Hairstyle repository (why not, JRiver?), there is a repostitory for track info templates ([url[http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/mcplugins.pl?type=3&start=0&end=10&page=1[/url].  I'm not sure how you submit, though.

Scott-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 11:36:43 am »

Sure. No doubt there is all kinds of unecessary junk in the folders. Don't feel like trying to figure out what I actually need. Do I really need to host them myself. I don't see where to attach files.

Please post small images and a link to large ones.  Some people have modems or small screens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up