INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Year" (9.0) vs. "Date" (9.1)  (Read 1450 times)

ghaley

"Year" (9.0) vs. "Date" (9.1)
« on: October 22, 2003, 05:22:55 pm »

My transition from 9.0 to 9.1 seems to have worked fine except for one problem.  I had many library entries in "Year" for CDs that seemed to have disappeared along with the "Year" field (I assume that this is a bug in the converter and that this data should have been copied to the "Date" field in 9.1 as it was for my ripped files).  I'd really like to recover this information since I had thousands of manually-typed entries.  Any suggestions?  I have a recently backed up libary copy from 9.0.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:"Year" (9.0) vs. "Date" (9.1)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 05:25:42 pm »

Please send you 9.0 backup to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Thanks and sorry for the troubles.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 05:27:33 pm »

there should be 8 Date fields you can show or hide

you can also update database from tags if the files were tagged properly
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ghaley

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 01:09:01 pm »

The problem is that for CDs (not for ripped files) the "Year" did not make it into any of the "Date" fields in the transition.  These CDs contain only .wav files that do not have tags, so I can't update from tags.  I've found no problems with my ripped files in the transition (ostensibly, the conversion updated the library correctly from tags).

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 02:39:10 pm »

I'm also experiencing some curious things regarding the "date" of the albums". Don't know if it's a bug or it's only happening to me:

- When I rip an album and get the info from YADB, the year (date) field is always blank. I'm not completely positive on that but I would say that the year was filled when back in MC 9.0.

However,

- If the info on the album to rip is not found in the YADB database, you are prompted to manually fill all the data. Even though I always fill the "year" of that dialog field with the right information, when it's submitted to YADB and then it reverts to you before ripping, the year (date) field is blank.

It seems to me that maybe the YADB information for the "year" is not consistently linked to the "date" field in MC and, as a result, the information gets lost resulting in the "date" field not properly filled.

------

Listening to: 'This Year Next Year' from 'Ride' by 'The Oyster Band' on Media Center 9.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up