INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mega-Me Skinning  (Read 5420 times)

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
Mega-Me Skinning
« on: October 23, 2003, 12:38:09 am »

Hello all, I'm trying to change the look of the sperator pane that seperates the explorer view with the details or thumnail view over on the left side of the Mega-Me window.  There is also one seperating the new iPod style browsing and the window below it, also one seperating the visualizations and the playing now window, you know which one i'm talking about.

Well anyway I can't seem to find it in the PixOS skin, and that is the one I'm trying to change.  What is going on, am I missing it?  Is it using the default, if so where is it? is there a default?

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re:Mega-Me Skinning
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 04:20:07 am »

You probably want to go post this over in the 3rd party skins and plug-in's board.  People will probably be quicker to answer this over there... and it'll probably get moved over there anyway.

kiwi

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 05:48:41 am »

Well anyway I can't seem to find it in the PixOS skin, and that is the one I'm trying to change.  What is going on, am I missing it?  Is it using the default, if so where is it? is there a default?
By default, these colors are defined by the <Colors> entry in the <FRAME> section of the main.xml. But these entries will also change the appearance of other things, the colors for the Action Window's "Tag Info" background, for example.
For recent versions of MC 9.1 you can add a "Splitter" entry to the <MAINFRAME> section of the main.xml to define these colors separately. Take a look at the main.xml of "BZero" or "BlueSteel" skin for examples.

You probably want to go post this over in the 3rd party skins and plug-in's board.  People will probably be quicker to answer this over there... and it'll probably get moved over there anyway.
Yep ;)

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 02:47:06 pm »

ok how do I change the inactive colors of the icons in the target bar?

Also how do I reposition the icons in the toolbar of the action window?

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 05:39:05 pm »

ok how do I change the inactive colors of the icons in the target bar?
Change the value/color for <Colors InactiveBlend="XXXXXX" /> in the <TOOLBARS> section.

Also how do I reposition the icons in the toolbar of the action window?
If you can not reach what you want by setting the "Margins" and "InternalMargins" of the "Template" entry in the <ACTIONWINDOW> section, you can remove or add (maybe transparent...) pixels from/to the bitmaps for "Back", "Close" and "Tools".

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 10:26:56 am »

FYI: If you use PhotoShop to save png's, they'll be bloated. Post processing a 72 kB png with PNGOUT shrunk it down to ~ 60 kB. On my HA avatar (14 kB), file size was reduced to 11 kB.

10-27

edit: fixed #'s, reduction wasn't quite that dramatic.

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 12:30:05 pm »

I tried adding transparent pixels to the bottom of the icons because I want to raise them about 5 pixels but nothing happened.

They should really allow you to offsetY in this variable.

xen-uno

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 12:48:08 pm »

Whatever you add to the bottom, you have to subtract from the top (ditto for left/right).

10-27

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 07:51:47 pm »

How does one change the x and y values for the file, edit, etc menus?

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 08:48:50 pm »

I can't seem to adjust any settings when the Active Window is minimized, the location of everything is kind of messed up.

Also there is a rectangle being drawn in the middle of my ActionWindow_Template that I can't seem to get control over.  How do I do it?

Also could someone send this thread over to the skinning section?

xen-uno

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 08:59:12 pm »

10-4

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2003, 08:03:36 am »

What do you mean?

I can't seem to adjust any settings when the Active Window is minimized, the location of everything is kind of messed up.
Also there is a rectangle being drawn in the middle of my ActionWindow_Template that I can't seem to get control over.  How do I do it?
You have to find a compromise for opened and closed state of the ActionWindow. Extreme settings for "Margins" or "InternalMargins" may not work. Maybe you can post (or PM me...) your skin or images of your ActionWindow, so I would be able to see through what you want to do/reach with the ActionWindow... to poke around with words may not help in this case ;)

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 12:57:19 pm »

What do you mean?

I was refering to the text that says "File" "Edit" etc up in the top right corner of the main window.  I just need to move it up and to the left a little bit, do you know how to do this?

Thanks for your help by the way,
I am figuring out the Action Window problem that I had.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 01:38:32 pm »

I was refering to the text that says "File" "Edit" etc up in the top right corner of the main window.  I just need to move it up and to the left a little bit, do you know how to do this?
Ah, that's the "TopBar" entry in the <TOOLBARS> section. You can add "Alignment" (0=left, 1=center, 2=right) and "OffsetX" and "OffsetY". You can use negativ values for "OffsetX" and "OffsetY". "OffsetY" also pushes down the player buttons, sliders and display. Example:
<Entry Name="TopBar" Alignment="0" OffsetX="40" OffsetY="-2" >

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2003, 01:48:42 pm »

i can't get negative values to work in the OffsetX or OffsetY to work

also why is the TopBar entry like this, instead of one line, I even tried to just make it one line but MediaCenter didn't like that

<Entry Name="TopBar" Alignment="0" OffsetX="-3" OffsetY="-3">
      <Colors Text="697789" HilightText="0D3490" SelectedText="000000" Separator="AEBCD0"/>
   </Entry>

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2003, 02:06:40 pm »

i can't get negative values to work in the OffsetX or OffsetY to work
Mmh, these settings work for me... maybe you interchanged something in the <TOOLBARS> section? Maybe you can post your whole <TOOLBARS> section, so I can take a look?

also why is the TopBar entry like this, instead of one line, I even tried to just make it one line but MediaCenter didn't like that
   <Entry Name="TopBar" Alignment="0" OffsetX="-3" OffsetY="-3">
      <Colors Text="697789" HilightText="0D3490" SelectedText="000000" Separator="AEBCD0"/>
   </Entry>
Well, that's the way sub entries are written in XML, I think... there are several entries of this kind in the main.xml. If you put it in one line, MC will not be able to parse it.

FrankL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2003, 02:44:05 pm »

oh my for some reason i typed my changes into the wrong file making the offsetx and y values works just fine, thanks

I think that is all the problems that I have, Thanks :)

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2003, 04:07:57 am »

;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up