INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I play mp3 file, which was renamed to ".wav" extension?  (Read 921 times)

UltraC

How can I play mp3 file, which was renamed to ".wav" extension?
« on: October 24, 2003, 11:33:15 am »

I bought CD with mp3-files, which all have extensions ".wav".

When I used Winamp, I could go to "Winamp Preferences ? MPEG audio decoder settings ? Extension list" and set it like this "MP3;MP2;MP1;WAV", so I can listen files with ".wav" extensions through MPEG decoder.

But I really don't understand how can I do the same thing with this great player.(

Sorry my English, it's terrible, I know.)

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:How can I play mp3 file, which was renamed to ".wav" extension?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 01:00:24 pm »

Are they truly wav files or mp3's with the wrong extension? If it's the latter then your confusing MJ. Does it error or is it simply using another player (and you want MJ to play them). Go to MJ>Tools>Options>File Associations and make sure Wav Audio is checked (the path shown is for MC, should be the same for MJ).

10-27

UltraC

Re:How can I play mp3 file, which was renamed to ".wav" extension?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 02:53:15 pm »

Yes, they are REALLY mp3-files. I've made a copy of one of this files to my local drive and renamed it to ".mp3", after that, MJ8 plays it like any other mp3-file: visualizations, dsp-effects and etc works great.

You can rename any mp3-file to wav-extension and try to open it with MJ8. So you will see that it plays it in strange manner ? bad sound, dsp-effects don't work and so on (because it doesn?t use its own mpeg decoder).
It looks like Winamp is even more flexible then MJ8 in such cases? what a pity!
Pages: [1]   Go Up