INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.290 available  (Read 3194 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.290 available
« on: October 27, 2003, 04:24:55 pm »

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91290.exe

History

1. Fixed: When a media server database was selected, MC sometimes displayed the "newly inserted media" dialog.
2. Fixed: When downloading YADB info for CD's, the "year" field wasn't coming through.
3. Fixed: Tabbing through the YADB submission name list didn't work properly.
4. Changed: Choice of CD ripping modes reduced to three: Normal, Secure, Analog.
5. Changed: CD information gathered from YADB is "cleaned up" (capitalization, etc.).
6. Fixed: MC would not properly thumbnail videos that were on data CD's.
7. Fixed: Uninstaller could report "failed to load product info" and fail.
8. Fixed: Tagging mode checkboxes were hard to see with some skins.
9. Changed: Reversed mute image states in playerbar.
10. Changed: MC no longer allows a filename to be changed to be the same as another filename in the database.
11. NEW: Added experimental Megamorphis skinning DSP layer. (see other thread for more details)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16383
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jeffl012

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 9.1.290 available
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 05:03:52 pm »

Please look at this thread regarding no volume control:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16338

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 05:20:01 pm »

As reported in 9.1.289

when you use "Clean" and you have "image" checked it changes "Inside file" to "Internal" and the images are no longer displayed.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 05:35:16 pm »

Is it possible to remove the volume icon when the volume slider is removed like it was in 9.0?
MC can't change the volume (24/96) so it would look better if that was gone as well.

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 09:39:48 pm »

I'm getting a <this folder> in the root directory of a disk location scheme. When clicking on it in "Audio/Video", it shows all files. It's not showing for Images.

This shouldn't even be there since it's technically impossible for files to not be on a drive. Also when double-clicking on Media Library, only Audio files are added too.

Is my database messed up or is something else going on? I still can't import without MC crashing 20 times a day. MC crashes on anything disk related. (Import, DVD, was doing it on CDs but not anymore).

Media Center Registered 9.1.290 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 37 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 02:54:03 am »

When using the Media Server to access the library and files from a second system on the LAN, the "playing now -- track info" screen does not show the album art.  Where the album art should be is a little white square with a red X.  The image DOES, however, display in both the action window and in the 3D visualizations -- i.e. the system is obviously seeing the image, it just doesn't show up when on the "track info" screen.  The image also shows up when mousing over the tracks in the list.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2003, 06:01:33 am »

I just updated my server machine to this version (from 289) to try and solve the "image" issue above, and now I get a media server crash every time I try to access the server from the client.  It works for few moments -- it loads the library and I can start to play a song -- but when I try to switch to another song it stops responding.  When I check the server, I see a message that "media server has generated errors and will be shut down."

In other words, media server seems to be broken for me at the moment -- I cannot get the client to work properly because of media server crashes on the server.

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 07:53:07 am »

In 9.1.298, I can't burn any CDR.  When I click on RIP, MC crashes.  Have anyone look at this problem?

nila

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 08:40:43 am »

Not a bug - but its impossible to do this:

Have a bunch of songs in playing now - then filter those songs (enter search criteria) then play JUST those songs.

I often do this if I'm rating an album - I play the album - then I try to filter by songs not yet rated to just play those again to rate them.

It filters them fine but there's no way to make it JUST play those songs - Could we PLEASE have some way of doing this?

I always thought just:  Update playlist order - would have been appropriate to then just play the files currently showing

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 08:44:20 am »

For problems like crashes, please start a thread with details and ask if others can duplicate it.  We may be down to the "noise" level where hardware problems are manifesting themselves.

jeffl012

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 09:08:21 am »

Is it possible to remove the volume icon when the volume slider is removed like it was in 9.0?
MC can't change the volume (24/96) so it would look better if that was gone as well.

I think this is a bug. If you adjust the volume slider in MC, the Master volume in the Windows Volume Control moves insync even though MC is set to use the M-Audio card. Im using both the M-Audio and onboard audio on my system (my onboard audio is SoundMax). Can you reproduce this?

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Problem with import of m4a files
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 09:30:48 am »

I am still having a problem with the import of m4a files. About 10% of the time I still am getting files that have a bitrate and duration of 0. These files were created with QTpro 6.4 and correctly show up and play as aac files in itunes. On files where I get a bitrate I am getting 125 when itunes reports 128. Not sure this is related or not.

Media Center Registered 9.1.290 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1152 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 578 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 1.0.0.0 , ,  / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bobrock

• Recent member
Thumbnail preview of video files on CD media works but...
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 12:03:56 pm »

:D

Thanks for MC 9.1.290 update!
Preview of VIDEO files stored on CD media works but...

When the CD media with video files is present in CD ROM and "List Style->Thumbnails" everything is fine!

When the CD media is NOT present in CD ROM, MC shows the image of 1st video as a preview of EACH video file  ?

Please improve this as it's much easier to find particular Video "offline" having accurate preview and than get correct CD.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=16065

Cheers

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 01:08:49 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/10/18   Priority: Low
    Misspelling
    In the CD Auto Insert Check dialog box, the apostrophe in the word "Don't" in the bottom button is transposed with the t.  I have no way to check this now since I have it turned off.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location on a networked drive it appears twice.
Toast goes in the toaster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up