INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is it getting my Library from???  (Read 994 times)

AdamDale3

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Where is it getting my Library from???
« on: October 25, 2003, 09:12:29 am »

Hi

Since upgrading to 9.1 (which LOOKS fantastic BTW!) I'm having some weird probs...

My MP3s are on machine A (living room) and all works fine from there - I keep the library updated on this machine (either by accessing it directly or remotely from machine B).

Machine B (bedroom) used to connect to the same library over a network share (the M: drive) but I've decided to swap back to the Media Server. When I scan for a media server now it finds machine A, loads the library but I have 2 probs:

1 - The library I see doesn't match the library I see on machine A - it's close but not up to date, kinda like a week old version of it!

2 - on Machine B, I can't play any tracks cuz the FILENAME field says : m01p://192.168.1.12:8080/M:\Music\<artist>\<album>\<track num>\<track name>.mp3

M:\Music is where my music used to be kept when I mapped via a network share. I have now removed the M: drive from machine B but I still get this.

I've tried removing the default library and loading new ones etc but still get this 'old', incorrectly mapped library.

Any ideas?

TIA

Adam

AdamDale3

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Where is it getting my Library from???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 09:30:00 am »

FOLLOW UP...

Hmmm... things get stranger...

I have just switched back to using network mapped mode...

On machine A (the main server), it says library location is D:\ (the root of the D drive).

I map an M: drive on machine B to D:\ drive on machine A.

I load the library it finds there (mediafiles.jmd I assume) and I still get the OLD, out of date library!!!

I can at least play my music now, but the changes I made to the library on machine A this morning are NOT showing up on machine B. The files in D:\ (or M:\ depending where u look from) have a LAST MODIFIED Date/Time of 25/10/2003 14:36 so they are obviously the ones I just changed - so where is it getting this library from???

Totally confused now! Pls help! :)

Cheers

Adam

Pages: [1]   Go Up