INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing purchased iTunes tracks  (Read 1243 times)

RedJ

Playing purchased iTunes tracks
« on: October 25, 2003, 09:16:45 am »

Although I've read an occasional post that states M4Ps purchased through Apple's iTunes music service should play in MC9.1, I am unable to get them to play.  Is there any trick to doing this I'm missing?  I have the latest versions of iTunes and Quicktime.
BTW, in case it matters, I've downloaded the tracks through the Windows version of iTunes.

Thanks for any help

TimB

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Playing purchased iTunes tracks
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 09:57:38 am »

Which version of MC9.1 are you using.  They seem to play fine for me using .289.

-=Tim
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

RedJ

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 10:22:14 am »

I am using .289 as well.  & QT 6.4

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 12:40:03 pm »

Are you playing them from their location on the iPod or from the location in MC library?

Did you try deleting them from the library and re-importing them?

TimB

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 02:17:47 pm »

Are you playing them from their location on the iPod or from the location in MC library?

Did you try deleting them from the library and re-importing them?
I imported them into MC9.1, played them from their original (ie iTunes) location, did a "rename files from properties" and then after requeueing them they still played OK.  (Without requeueing MC couldn't find 'em.)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

RedJ

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 04:49:17 pm »

I imported them, and they show a greyed-out icon.  I get the "unable to play any files in playlist message)  They're not filtered in any way.  I don't even own an iPod (I'm such a Philistine).   Maybe you need to own one to make this work?

Ok, I just did an end-around experiment that successfully played these tracks, though I have no idea what made it work, I can tell you what I did:  
Instead of right-clicking from explorer and sending to MC, opening from MC, or importing from MC (all things previously attempted), I went through the internal MC My Computer tree and went to the folder that contained an iTune downloaded album.  MC spun its wheels for about a minute while it was gathering info on the files, and sure enough the icons were now showing playable and they play with no problems (and sounds far superior to iTunes' jukebox with the MC's DSP FX).  
Still no theories on what difference going at it that way made, but as soon as I actually have some more iTunes downloads to try I'll see whether this is something that will occur every time, or just the first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up