INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slideshow or Image question  (Read 1636 times)

AmericanPrincess

• Recent member
  • Rockin' in Florida!
Slideshow or Image question
« on: October 26, 2003, 02:27:49 pm »

I just purchased MC making the leap from MusicMatch. I clearly have lots to learn!

One of the reason I switched to MC was due to the graphics available during playback. However, I have yet to find exactly what I'm looking for in a player. I beleive MC comes close and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I would like to associate a artist photo file to a particular album/all the tracks in the album. Each time a track is played, it will display the series of photo's in the specified file.

example:
Playlist =
What It Takes - Aerosmith
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Carry On - CSN

When What It Takes is playing I would like the slideshow or image to display all of the photos in the C:/AristPhotos/Aerosmith file. When the song ends and Wish You Were begins, I would like it to display the photos in the C:/AristPhotos/PinkFloyd file and so on. I want to have the ability to associate each photo file with the album/tracks so when I add songs to a playlist the photos will automatically display when the song is played back.

Is this possible? Any help is most appreciated. :-\

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
Re:Slideshow or Image question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 04:34:16 pm »

That's a pretty cool idea, but I don't think Media Center 9.x can do this as of yet (unless anyone here can correct that statement).

The closest I can think of to this is the feature I like most about Media Center - you can create playlists that mix music and pictures.

So for example, creating a playlist that contains all the Floyd pictures with the Floyd photos is possible with the current version.

Kwake

AmericanPrincess

• Recent member
  • Rockin' in Florida!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 05:47:26 pm »

Thanks for the input - I was afraid the answers was going be 'not possible'. Nevertheless I have download a ton of pictures (close to 100 per artist, or at least enough to not repeat a picture during a single track) in hopes that I can do this one day.

Thanks for your input. If anyone else has any suggestions please fee free to share it with me.

PIF

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 07:28:05 pm »

Kwake is essentially correct. I think a lot of us are interested in this feature and we hope J River will eventually find a way to implement it.

Other than creating playlists of music and images (which works quite well - but you could end up with a library of playlists as large as the music library!), I have taken an album and used the cover art for the first track and other images for each of the following tracks not real ellagant but at least the image changes with each song as you play an album.

I'm not that computer savy, but I would think it should not be that difficult. All you really need is a link to a "slideshow" and be able to insert that link in the mp3 tag. Similar to the cover art link to art stored in folder.jpg or MC's cover art folder.
Maybe some one could even make a plugin to do this?
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

AmericanPrincess

• Recent member
  • Rockin' in Florida!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 08:08:03 pm »

Thanks for the response - Do you know if J River has plans to implement this? If so, is there description of how and when they will do it?

PIF

modelmaker

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 08:21:10 pm »

I don't know of any plans per se, but implementing this kind of feature has been brought up before. It may be version 10 before we see it though, as J River has stated that there not ADDING any more new features to 9.1 only making fixes. We might have better luck if someone could develop some kind of plugin.
Jay.

AmericanPrincess

• Recent member
  • Rockin' in Florida!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 08:24:39 pm »

Do you know when release 10 will available? Is there a list of enhancements for release 10?

pif

LisaRCT

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 08:32:36 am »

I am wondering if there is some way to set this up using Smartlists  

AmericanPrincess

• Recent member
  • Rockin' in Florida!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 08:42:28 am »

That's a good idea. I'm so new to all of this I have not yet figured out all of the ins and outs of the smartlist features. I will review it - any assistance would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

LisaRCT

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 09:02:20 am »

With all tht MC9.1 can do, and at the rate these people develop software,
I think it safe to say that by time we finish learning what is already in MC and how best to use it, they will be putting out Beta's of MC10

AmericanPrincess

• Recent member
  • Rockin' in Florida!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 09:20:39 am »

Well maybe they will incorporate it in release 10??? Do you know when it is scheduled for release?

LisaRCT

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 11:32:10 am »

Far as I know, it is merely a 'twinkle in it's parent's eyes'  

modelmaker

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 07:20:03 am »

The beta versions of 9.1 started appearing last May and after some 30 builds(?) I would imagine the final FINAL build should be released sometime between now and x-mas '03. While this only a guess, it's based on the goings on here in interact of late. So beta versions of 10.0 may start showing up by the middle of '04. But only J River really knows and they've got a few Top Secret projects going on that they keep hinting at as well.

In the meantime we're going to have to find a way in MC 9 to make this work.

I have not played around much with smartlists yet, as I spend most of my time converting my old analog library to digital.  Hopefully one of the VERY SMART  plug-in developers can comer up with something (hint, hint)

Listening to: 'Lonely Boy' from 'Comatised' by 'Leona Naess' on Media Center 9.0

Jay.

Pages: [1]   Go Up